Sign in to follow this  

Thankyou codemasters._. Bout time._

Sorry for bad grammar etc._ but its hard typing using a ps4 controller.  Takes so long by the time ive written one sentence, I've forgotten the previous one.

And im old. Old enough to remember the first TOCA,  and be amazed at what was then a game changer in racing games.  Esp as i actually remember the arcade pole position. For you youngsters that moan about graphics or realism etc.   Look that game up.  And keep in mind my generation spent all our pocket money playing that. For months on end.

Ok.   So since toca race driver.  Ive had a big hole that needed filling.  Then i found sms and shift 1 and 2.  Loved them as i love my daughter.    Then as a chest thumping Brit.  Was thrilled to learn SMS was British and they had decided to crowd fund project cars.   And although from they released project cars it took a year off updates to get a fully polished glitch free game.   But they had a grand idea and the balls to enter a genre dominated by you guys forza and gran turismo.  So i endured and eventually got an awesome game.   So when project cars 2 was released i rushed out to get it.  Thinking they would have learned from past experience.  Wouldn't they?  Nope and what worse they went full on anal for a sim and forgot it has to be a game first.  That the casual end user and the vast majority off its customer base.  Not to mention they obviously wanted to release before, gran turismo.   Big mistake the career game was unplayable for a few months. Not to mention having to spend hours trying to get your head round setting your car up uust like a fully trained race engineer.  With alifetime of experience would.    I tried many a time to explain that most race drivers have no real clue and fully rely on their team off engineers being able to interpret what to adjust a driver says he got understeer etc.  And they should simplify it to how shift 1 snd 2 were.   And very least proper ingame tutorials. Not just a bunch off txt and some links to external sites. But problem with forums is it mainly fan boys that post. And they stand ready to shout you down.  Hoping an admin will like their post off even reply directly to them,  and if they are real lucky an emoji or two.   Youth off today.    

I was often harsh in posts but as tough love.  Iwanted sms to succeed because i fully bought into their vision. As i hoped it would finally be a race game that would help me move on and finally think of toca as a fond memory instead off the love you lost and still yurn for.   There were others but they were just rebounds . And have loved their previous games.  But any criticism off the devs quickly got your post closed and on occasion banned by oversensitive admins.  Yes haters would abuse.   But admins Couldn't or wouldn't see the difference from abuse and harsh but justified criticism.

See you can tell im old by how i ramble on. 

Anyway my point is coming.  Bear with me.

Despite the half finished game.  Whaat annoyed me was all the admins and fan boys raved about is its aproper race sim. Although the ai never raced each other and after the first corner would just follow the leader all except one car would stay with you.   Then in long races ai teams didnt have a pit strategy. Instead the ai cars would have random fuel load Which determined when they pitted.

It took sms 9 months off updates before the game got to be how it should have been on day one.  After one update. The game crashed as soon as it loaded.   For the majority off people. Sms had no clue why.  I was one off the lucky few that worked.  And it was only when i noticed a random comment from another post from a successful update. I put it together informed admin, why the crash may have happened and a hotfix followed the next day.   A dev posted they hadnt even thought about the amount of ps4 friends people had being the reason.  I jokingly but loudoy hinted a season pass would be a sufficient payment.  I didnt even get a like by a dev or a thumbs-up emoji or what i expect being English. A simple thankyou.  Ok back to my point. 

Because when project cars was released i had been playing shadow of mordor and its awesome follow up.  The devs had posted they have assembled a team to work night and day. To make a decent ai. To which i posted,  they should look at mordors Nemesis system and adapt for racing  instead off orks,   as how the orks change over time is simply godly.  I said if sms got it right.  Project cars will make all other racers obsolete  instantly.  Not even a winky emoji.

So then i posted sms British based.  With the grand vision.  Codemasters being British based and unmatched experience and know how when it comes to racing ai from the f1 games ive played. Not to mention both developers games arnt competing for same market.  If sms could admit to themselves the areas they are lacking and admit to themselves Codemasters are way ahead. Then reach out to them for help.  Between both off you.  I have no doubt just like Britain is the home off actual motorsport.  Britain will be the home off virtual motorsport.  Gran wotmo? For what?  Didnt even get a shocked face emoji just a sarcastic comment from admin about toca.   

So Codemasters you obviously trolled projects cars forrum.  See my awesome ideas and come up with grid.   Just had a few hows and so far.  Easy and quick setups.  Ai that races not just me but other ai.  Ai traits change on their successes and failures.  Some good rubbing is racing.   Xp.  Project cars gets boring not having xp. Like democracy. Its not perfect but its the best we got.   The feel off the game reminds me off shift 2.   Sms best racer.  But think having ea watching over them and telling them. Its a game first, just as long as it looks real.  Stopped their sim desires getting out.

Thank-you from the bottom of my heart. Youve made a lonely old man very happy.  Id be even happier if you put shifts corner mastering in a future update.

Pss is there anyone left at Codemasters from the days off toca? Its not important just curious.

Sorry i do go on.  Typing on my controller has taken hours.  Admin Please dont delete me for criticism off fellow admin.   

• Like 1

Sorry the comment about codemasters trolling my posts was tongue firmly in my cheak.  Please dont think im actually trying to take credit. Even if a dev hampened on a post of mine. And took my idea on. Im an ideas man. And my ideas like good intentions, stay just that.

Also every time i said admin.  I ment moderators.  I only occasionly visit  forums.   And sometimes i may come across as though im being horrible and mean.  But snowflakes and fanboys.  Understand this ive loved games developed by codemasters for close to 30 years.  If any post i post seems harsh towards them. Its will be for a valid reason.   A real fanboy tells the dev the truth even if they dont want it and not what they want to hear.  Not that i will have to.   But big developers are increasingly show little regard for those who pay 50 + for games then getting you to pay more to unlock items that are already installed on your console.   Also having bought pc2 and having read a dev say itll take just  6 months before the update for the improved ai is available.   Then seeing posts from rightfully annoyed paying people get deleted and banned.   For abusive language aimed at the devs.   I then got banned because i pointed out that there is a strong  argument against sms for committing fraud.   I stuck with it.   And it wasnt so much 9 months waiting for the to get it right.   What proper hurt was seeing a British developer knowing full well they messed up big.  And didnt have the decency to add a note off apology to an update.   And as you can tell im still angry.  We are all capable off making huge mistakes.  Whats more important is whether you put the effort required to repair the damage.  

Edited by ScaredDuck

What I understood from this post:

You're an old gamer, you played TOCA a lot. Then you played PC but PC2 was pure ****. Thank you, Codemasters. WUT?

7 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

For you youngsters that moan about graphics

Why not to moan about graphics? It's not 1999, you now?

• Haha 1

Quirky....but a change from the norm

If you meant adult pocket money playing Toca then I’ll buy old, but child/teen pocket money makes you somewhere in your thirties, if we are talking that then I have some twenty years on you, my good man..

(No doubt there is some octaganarian about to pop up and top trump the both of us 😉)

Btw I agree with the above that **** graphics are exactly that, and I am looking for development in a franchise which is why I am reluctant to buy an underfunded reboot at this point.

Prove me wrong Codies & I will be delighted to eat my peaky blinding 🧢 

16 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Sorry the comment about codemasters trolling my posts was tongue firmly in my cheak.  Please dont think im actually trying to take credit. Even if a dev hampened on a post of mine. And took my idea on. Im an ideas man. And my ideas like good intentions, stay just that.

Also every time i said admin.  I ment moderators.  I only occasionly visit  forums.   And sometimes i may come across as though im being horrible and mean.  But snowflakes and fanboys.  Understand this ive loved games developed by codemasters for close to 30 years.  If any post i post seems harsh towards them. Its will be for a valid reason.   A real fanboy tells the dev the truth even if they dont want it and not what they want to hear.  Not that i will have to.   But big developers are increasingly show little regard for those who pay 50 + for games then getting you to pay more to unlock items that are already installed on your console.   Also having bought pc2 and having read a dev say itll take just  6 months before the update for the improved ai is available.   Then seeing posts from rightfully annoyed paying people get deleted and banned.   For abusive language aimed at the devs.   I then got banned because i pointed out that there is a strong  argument against sms for committing fraud.   I stuck with it.   And it wasnt so much 9 months waiting for the to get it right.   What proper hurt was seeing a British developer knowing full well they messed up big.  And didnt have the decency to add a note off apology to an update.   And as you can tell im still angry.  We are all capable off making huge mistakes.  Whats more important is whether you put the effort required to repair the damage.  

I ditched Xbox 360 and GAS for Project Cars 1 and the Xbox One.  Loved that game to death,  even tho it took them 2 weeks to get the controller to work properly.  Then PC2 came out and what a load of garbage it was.  As with Pc1 they change the handling a month into the game so all setups needed re tuning.  Cant be bothered with months of tuning and testing so got a refund.  Learnt me lesson.   Wont be entertaining PC3.    I got banned from their forum too. As I do from every forum.  (the latest trick is not to ban me, just disable my login and not allow a password change. VPN says you cant stop me! )  As you say,  these developers NEED TO KNOW, good or bad.   They will get my thoughts posted to their forum whether they like it or not. 😁

I do think Codemasters should communicate with us a bit more.  its all a bit cryptic.  Take the AI for eg. They know lots of us dont like them in quickmatch, they have said they have discussed it.  Thats it.  Well, what was discussed? Whats the decision?   Why do we have to wait for patch notes to see if they are going to get rid of them.  I just would like a black n white answer...Are the AI going or not?   A hotfix of speeding up the AI in quickmatch is not the answer, it seems to me that this has happened, but they are still in the way, they are still dirty, and they simply need to get off the track. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, lloydsmith said:

(No doubt there is some octaganarian about to pop up and top trump the both of us 😉)

My first computer was an abacus and the first Codemasters game I bought was Pippo (ZX Spectrum). I'd love to share some screenshots but alas, the game doesn't have any trees so they'll probably be of no interest 🤐

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

My first computer was an abacus and the first Codemasters game I bought was Pippo (ZX Spectrum). I'd love to share some screenshots but alas, the game doesn't have any trees so they'll probably be of no interest 🤐

6 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Birth certificate or it didn’t happen.. 😉😆