Sign in to follow this  

GRID hotfix now live - 21/10/2019

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that the first patch, or 'hotfix' for GRID has rolled out today on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Below in italics are the official patch notes: 

This patch consists of visual improvements and some fixes, including:

Multiplayer

• Resolved issue of players starting races early, or not at the same time
  • Resolved issue of player losing control in Quick Match – Time Attack events

Visuals

• Fix for HDR rendering, causing grading to work incorrectly

General

• Resolved issues that were causing game crashes, including from the live results screen

As I mentioned last week, this is the first of multiple steps we're taking to make some in-game tweaks and improvements, a lot of which is based on feedback from you, the players. A new patch is in the works that aims to cover more community-reported topics, so as soon as we have the confirmed patch notes for that, I'll pass them on.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Agree 6

Great and the next step will be the AI I hope, make them on hard and harder faster and better, if you have good skills, they are tooooo slow

also add an option to choose the Laps you want to drive in the career Mode, the races are soooooo short 😞

• Agree 6

45 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Visuals

Does this only have to do with HDR or is this fixing tonemapping for non-HDR too that made the game look so dark sometimes?

Good start, fingers crossed the next patch will have the ability to create public lobbies like days of old, so when you go online you choose whatever class you want from the available lobbies.

Track limits and penalties, will be somthing to look at in the future but not an immediate concern.

Feedback in the xbox one triggers need to be strengthened. There is no feel for traction at all. I believe you've already flagged a similar issue for wheel users.

But it makes me glad to see you guys are listening and working from the community's feedback.

• Agree 4

Really good to see such a quick hot-fix.

Now how about adding some more tracks because a lot of my favourites are missing:

Mount Panarama

Dubai

Red Bull Ring

The list goes on. I miss them so much lol

• Agree 4

I have experienced issues with car images not loading on the selection screen, is this planned for a fix?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Whoopa said:

Really good to see such a quick hot-fix.

Now how about adding some more tracks because a lot of my favourites are missing:

Mount Panarama

Dubai

Red Bull Ring

The list goes on. I miss them so much lol

Great tracks but personally I'd much rather they got all the stuff that needs fixing done first, regarding the bigger game issues. Then realese new DLC whilst working out the smaller stuff. I you see all to often games companies release new content whilst there are still major issues. It's a tactic they use to try and distract you from the faults.

• Agree 1

It feels like they have to finish the game.  I love the handling model, graphics, etc.. but geez, there are no tracks or other game types (drifting, etc).  Feels like half done compared to any other grid games.

5 minutes ago, SB84 said:

I have experienced issues with car images not loading on the selection screen, is this planned for a fix?

This is one of the more recent topics I've logged for investigating, so probably no progress just yet, but it has been logged 🙂 

Its great that we have a patch but its a shame the AI are still littering the track. 

Please just get rid of these AI that are ruining online racing. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that the first patch, or 'hotfix' for GRID has rolled out today on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Below in italics are the official patch notes: 

This patch consists of visual improvements and some fixes, including:

Multiplayer

• Resolved issue of players starting races early, or not at the same time
  • Resolved issue of player losing control in Quick Match – Time Attack events

Visuals

General

• Resolved issues that were causing game crashes, including from the live results screen

As I mentioned last week, this is the first of multiple steps we're taking to make some in-game tweaks and improvements, a lot of which is based on feedback from you, the players. A new patch is in the works that aims to cover more community-reported topics, so as soon as we have the confirmed patch notes for that, I'll pass them on.

Thank you 🙂

Chris I know you know this and it has been logged.  But I'll repeat it again for this thread and anyone reading:

Please remove ai from quickmatch.

That is the biggest problem by far with the game.  It is not only killing off the online community of players that have purchased the game but also causing potential customers to avoid this title.  No one wants to see that.  This is a must have fix as soon as possible.  It should never have released like this.  You cannot have multiplayer without players.

The usual CM custom public lobbies are also sorely needed so players can play what they want.  Same as every previous GRID and DiRT title.

Thanks again.  

ps.  Once decent online is implemented we need cross play.  Xbox, PS4, PC and Stadia!  More players = more longevity = more $$ = selling future titles too!

If the game stays as is it will die and CM will lose even hardcore GRID fans for good.  It has been hugely disappointing so far.

• Agree 9

I would like to see the force feedback for wheel users increased....myself use the Logitec G920, other Codemasters games have very good force.

also multiplayer lobbies need to have the feature of Grid Race driver, where you were able to select a car class lobby or create one for public to join.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the update. Please consider online multiplayer allowing single race public lobbies set up by users. 

• Agree 1

Great start, however, my resolution is still broken (2 monitors, I can only select the resolution of my smaller monitor on my main one).

I like the game, the only issue i noticed is that the cars are scratched at the start of the race. Is this also something you are currently investigating?

• Agree 1

the update is appreciated, any news of when they can fix the issue of feedback on the flyers? Thank you

Please add the ability to lengthen the race distance of campaign races.... at the moment they are way to short.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

yeah nice demo now when are you going to offer the full game ? because I've just paid full price for a demo!! where the hell is racenet of old ? what the hell have you done too the multiplayer ?where are the missing tracks ? and most importantly when are you going to ******* fix it??

This game only has like 12 locations. I am really bored . Can we get more tracks like sprint routes for cote d'azur , california , hong kong and okutuma sprint. They were all in grid autosport dlc.

• Agree 1

Need to fix the damage system the cars can take way to much hits from cars and walls without any mechanical damage, it's nothing like the original GRID. As it is the damage system is pointless, and it would be nice if you could select the amount of laps. Also the difficulties are all over the place, Hard difficultie  seems to easy and very HARD difficultie is amost impossible to win.

Edited by MACA80
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, MACA80 said:

Need to fix the damage system the cars can take way to much hits from cars and walls without any mechanical damage, it's nothing like the original GRID. As it is the damage system is pointless, and it would be nice if you could select the amount of laps. Also the difficulties are all over the place, Hard difficultie  seems to easy and very HARD difficultie is amost impossible to win.

agreed , you can  just barge your way to the front instead of racing. Game is shelved for me at the mo. I recently dug out project cars 2 , way more fun right now. You have to RACE in that game not bumper car your way to the front.

• Agree 3