Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sun reflections

I am really enjoying the game, but i have problem with sun reflections, i tried messing around with brightness slider but nothing changes. 

At some tracks sun reflections are so bad i cant see anything, it almost hurts my eyes, at silverstone at maggots and becketts its just imposible the only thing i see is a screen full of bright light and there are a lot of tracks with same problem. 

I really hope you guys can solve this because at some moments it makes the game unplayable when you cant see where the track is. 

Ps i play on xbox one s

Agree. Reflections in general are bad, but the sun reflections are about the worst looking stuff in the game. It is a pain to play in the dusk because you can't see anything and it looks pretty terrible.

I hope it is one of the things addressed to fix by Codemasters. 

Brightness in the cockpits is messed up. At night its way to dark so you can´t see anything and daytime its too bright sometimes...

And all that with default brightness setting... Lowering or raising does not fix the issue and also messes up all other camera views...

Just like you say the problem is only in cockpit view its always to light or to dark, didnt noticed that before since i always play cockpit view, but all other views are ok. 

I really hope they fix it soon because in some light conditions its just imposible to play in cockpit view 

The issue is the same as in the other thread:

The in-car view does not expose correctly, leading to heavily over- and under-exposed scenes, as seen in your video or the screenshots in the other thread. Just shows how much QA went in the in-car view. 🙄

In your video you can see this very clearly. In the in-car view, look at the grass area on the left. Notice the exposure level. Then, when the view switches to an external one, notice how the exposure changes and the grass area is now darker.

@ChrisGrovesMCM Please show this video when meeting the team. It should be pretty easy to spot with a trained eye.

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Will be raising this topic with the team in our next catch-up. Thanks all 

Thanks Chris! 

As a Noob to the GRID Franchise, this is a real problem for me.  Actually haven’t played the game in a week or so because of this and the no-headlight issue at night.  If I can’t see the track what’s the use in racing?

Hint, hint… first impressions are everything; and you’re not scoring any brownie points with this. 

Sorry to be so blunt, but the game needs to be enjoyable, not irritating.  If you’re “raising the topic”, you should probably raise this one (and headlights at night issue) to the top of the list.