Option to remove tarmac events from championship

Can we get an option to opt out of tarmac events in career mode? The tarmac physics are infuriating if you have a mindset to drive like in a tarmac racing simulator. The AI on master difficulty also seems to be balanced around assuming that the player slides through the stages as if they were "grippy gravel" and videos of world record runs on these stages seem to have this driving style.

I don't know if you have any plans on adjusting the tarmac physics, but as it is know I'd rather have a championship without Spain and Germany (got the DLC, now I'm stuck with the possibility of 2 tarmac only events in my championship) and just enjoy the fun and authentic feel of gravel, snow (or mixed) stages, as an option at least.

Custom championships are great and all but the main draw of the single player game, for me at least, is the career mode.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

this should be in the Suggestion Box, but I also agree with this and I'm not a Masters-level player or anything.

• Agree 2

Tarmac physics for Germany is different to the spannish tarmac physics (which was inherited from Dirt 4 IMO).
But i see your point.
One thing WRC 8 does better ...

• Agree 1

you guys scare  me insinuating that there are different  physics simulated depending all locations. (I saw such statement a few times already)

I understand it as different handling due to differences between surfaces and tires. But physics should (must) be the same. I hope you meant that this ways

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

1 hour ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

you guys scare  me insinuating that there are different  physics simulated depending all locations. (I saw such statement a few times already)

I understand it as different handling due to differences between surfaces and tires. But physics should (must) be the same. I hope you meant that this ways

No we are not implying the laws of physics change depending on the location, if that's what you mean, (although the gravitation is slightly different in different locations of the world😛) but the handling on tarmac is not realistic due to the simulation of physics on tarmac (friction, force etc), but this is just semantics. They might use different physics simulation for Germany and Spain even though they are both tarmac.

I guess the reason why people complain about it is that the gravel/snow/ice is so well done that we assume the tarmac should be held to the same standard. I'm particularly impressed with ice patches in Monte Carlo!

Edited by ViperTheRapper

+1 to this. I kinda liked Germany in dr1 but i dont feel Spain is as fun so i always retire from it and i havent bought Germany for the same reason. I wish it was possible to try a dlc track before buying it because i dont want to retire from 2 countries in career but maybe Germany is better? I guess ill never know.

Edited by somethingthing

yeah... but @mesa mentioned  difference in physics between Germany and Spain. 

IMO the differences comes from more bumpy and dirty tarmac in Germany while in Spain roads are pretty flat and clean.

Definitely Germany wins.

Regarding differences between loose surfaces and tarmac IMO it's based only on resulted perception. bumpy, loose surfaces give in return more information about what happening to a car. The same tires/ffb on flat surface gives limited cues about car. 

Improving/extending ffb to deliver more info about a car on tarmac might affect loose surfaces handling in some way, but imo it might be improvement too

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

You're right Physics (in-general) should be the same for all location (Newton's rule)

But you know all the data which needs to calculate physics determined by road sections/patterns. Every section has been connected via a code and some given value (grip level for example, of course the formula is more complex...). May Spain tarmac is not well made like Germany. So if the values are different then the feel what you get which calculated by wrong values is different. One of them feels better one of them less. We are talking about only feelings, because none of us know exactly how CM implemented their 'physics' to feel like IRL driving on tarmac

It’s amazing how after all of the dlc we are still unable to have anything other than 6 randomised events in career.

i spend so much time generating a championship and then having to start it, choose a car, then wait for it to load and then quit, abandon the championship and then generate a new one hoping it has the locations i want. If you’ve just done 12 stages in 6 locations it’s understandable to then want some different ones generated in the next championship. 

I’m so surprised they haven’t upped the count of the career events either, or at least make it option to choose between 6 and 11 ( soon to be 12 with Finland). 

i would put it in the Suggestion Box but people have mentioned this ever since the first dlc location was released. The irony is this sort of function should go without saying lol. 

Edited by Pieman99

4 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

If you’ve just done 12 stages in 6 locations it’s understandable to then want some different ones generated in the next championship.

They are randomized every time, so they are different usually. It's just there are only so many possible variations with 6 locations out of 11 (soon 12) so of course you see the same locations.

Sure, an option (important that it's an option since many players do not have DLC and some find 6 locations to be long enough) to increase the amount of locations wouldn't hurt. But if you think championships having the same locations is the problem then increasing the amount of events will only make it worse.

I do prefer the tarmac event and would prefer an option to add all of them but I have the feeling I will be punished if I stay on that thread. 😁

*** run for escape ***

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

They are randomized every time, so they are different usually. It's just there are only so many possible variations with 6 locations out of 11 (soon 12) so of course you see the same locations.

Sure, an option (important that it's an option since many players do not have DLC and some find 6 locations to be long enough) to increase the amount of locations wouldn't hurt. But if you think championships having the same locations is the problem then increasing the amount of events will only make it worse.

Yes i’ve done it enough to realise they are random, but random does still mean you could get the same bunch again. 

It is therefore extremely unlikely that after having done 6 events, you will then get the other 6 events next time you start a championship, hence the constant abandoning and restarting a new championship. 

Edited by Pieman99

I agree... I just can't enjoy tarmac events in DR2. It doesn't feel like driving on tarmac at all. 4wd cars are the worst. It's better with rwd and fwd because you focus on managing excessive oversteer/understeer so you don't notice the problem that much, but... truth is WRC8 is now my go-to game for tarmac rallying.

the issue with increasing the limit for events in a championship for everyone is that people without the DLC will be stuck doing base game locations twice in one championship, which just sucks. but clearly a lot of us would like to be able to do all of them.

some people want more stages in each championship (I'm pretty sure 12 is the max the devs can do) but a lot of people want less too (myself included - 6 is plenty given the amount of unique km per location)

sooo I think they should just let us choose more stuff in career mode:

• how many events a championship has (6-12)
  • how many stages each event has (4-12)
  • ability to blacklist certain countries would be nice

• Agree 2

yes the tarmac is not good but i have found solution  for slide and drift on tarmac 

- put the front the car very high 

- put the rear of the car high ( no more than front )

- put the rear anti roll-bar very hard 

-put the front anti roll bar soft ( or  very soft )

- put the rear  bumper very hard ( rebond and compression )

- put the rear suspension more 100 Nm

- remove camber in your rear wheel ( 0 degree)

-add camber in your front wheel ( more 0,50 degree its depend for your car category )

for the rest of setup its depends for your category H2 , H3 and RGT setup  is not same 

i explain why i use this setup , the tyre is sports tyres ( soft , medium , hard ) is not comfort tyre so that why the tyre is very gripy  ,for resolve the problem i put car more high and the car  start to  slide and drift 

now i slide and drift easyly with RGT , H3  for H2 is  really more difficult but is work ) 

for finish i wait  update too for the tarmac  

Watching WRC live from Spain right now, and I can honestly not see the problem with asphalt in this game compared to other games in the market on Playstation 4. I think taramac in DR 2.0 is quite enjoyable and it looks very similar to the behaviour of the WRC cars on my TV right now. 😊👍🏻

I want another DLC-taramac rally location in DR 2.0. 😜

Edited by Kjell007
  • Agree 2

@gk9147 why should I want to powerslide on tarmac? IRL it's opposite: the less sliding the better times.

limited ability to drift is not the reason why Spain is considered "not good". It's the lack of informative enough ffb makes it.

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

@gk9147 why should I want to powerslide on tarmac? IRL it's opposite: the less sliding the better times.

limited ability to drift is not the reason why Spain is considered "not good". It's the lack of informative enough ffb makes it.

the problem on tarmac , is info on the road for spain, and espicially  monte carlo and germany because in real life  this stage is very bumpy and broken by the time and the info is not really  here    ( and for me the slide and drift  too )   is true .

for the  tarmac with lot small turn and  if you have  good steering wheel setup and your drive  with historic car ,   the rotation  off steering wheel with historic is more high so is possible to loose time on grip  technic turn ( hairpin , square , left 1 ....)  

example  you next turn is  long  hairpin* with group B RWD car ( or H2 RWD  or H3 RWD or group B AWD)  you have 2 solutions

(* hairpin i no talk for the small hairpin  , i said for the hairpin long but on DR 2.0 is announced left 2 and right 2 on spain  ) 

1 you use gripy technic  you brake  ,  and you turn   ,you deteriorate your front tires and you loose  time to turn the steering wheel

2 you use slide or drift technic ,   you brake  (after you use  handbrake or not is your choice ) and you turn with slide or drift 

you deteriorate your rear tires ok , and you  the steering wheel work alone( and he is very fast ) with oversteer,  you just need placed your car  at the the end of the turn 

and for finish the slide setup ( or drift )  is good for endurance rally  race because  you can save the front wheel because  in all turns the front wheels turn so she works much more than the rear wheels

sorry for my bad english