DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.10 Bug Reports

Finland has a terrible looking fog effect all over it on daytime. It looks right a short distance from your car but at a distance it becomes an awful foggy mess.

As a native Finn, I can tell you that is not how Finland looks like in dry daytime. Not at all.

20191107233057_1.thumb.jpg.677d0cf03944c60e441c19f16cd90de4.jpg

20191109141641_1.thumb.jpg.a3af2fc8559f626b9546399c42ad1d16.jpg20191109141701_1.thumb.jpg.342ea97caf030b56a98689c1fe563dd8.jpg

20191107232121_1.thumb.jpg.a130b569899f300eeb5d91f7f435488b.jpg

Those shots are Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface. Doesn't look very clear to me. Overcast is even worse:20191112171508_1.thumb.jpg.b5bc4794f608304bd4520c496c1f772e.jpg

After fixing Daytime weather please add more weather options like rain. No rain at all in Finland is very odd, as someone who lives in Finland I can say it rains quite a lot in here

• What platform you're playing on: Steam
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD, Sound Blaster Z, Windows 10     
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus). : Super Deluxe   
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc. : G920 steering wheel+shifter

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

In Ford RS200 the texture between dashboard and bonnet is very blurry and low-res

20191108193311_1.thumb.jpg.b5f9befc8295e99e6bed2d2702e9e13d.jpg

• What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD, Sound Blaster Z, Windows 10     
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus). : Super Deluxe   
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc. : G920 steering wheel+shifter

Virtual rear-view mirror cannot be used in cockpit view, this makes no sense at all. Some RX cars do not have a mirror, and playing with narrow FOV you can't see it with the ones that have. It should be available in cockpit view as well

• Like 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong note Italian co-driver

Australian Rally (Chandlers Creek - Noorimbee Ridge Ascent)

1697486647_ChandlersCreek-NoorimbeeRidgeAscent.thumb.jpg.fd4c9bd6508db7ca4c26309412eedd18.jpg

• Thanks 1

Platform: X-Box One S (latest firmware & Game Version 1.10.1)

Version: Retail Deluxe + Season 3+4 Pass

Peripheral: None. Except the Standard One S Controller of course.

Problem: Graphical Issue

Where: Time Trial -> Kontinjärvi -> Day/Clear/Dry -> area around the last turn before sector 3 ends

Car used: SUBARU Impreza (2001)

Can it be reproduced: yes, happens always

Description: Everytime I come to the end of sector 3 there is an ugly blank white texture popping up in the background of the slow right turn. Two times: First before entering the turn and the second time while in the turn. It happens always the same way.

• Thanks 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Bad texture Opel Adam R2 internal

1757084125_OpelAdamR2.thumb.jpg.080f93b690df7f3462312de38620b797.jpg

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.

Bug: shifter light Opel Corsa RX s1600

1082642456_OpelCorsaRXS1600.thumb.jpg.c32d3044d5ac05bd4c5267c9ef022cda.jpg

• Like 1

- Steam PC Win 10 64 bit

- GPU Radeon RX 590 Series; CPU AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955

- Deluxe

- Playing with a keyboard

I bought the Volkswagen Gold GTI 16V and only after a few races I noticed that the rev counter is upside down.

20191112215022_1.thumb.jpg.4ab33976b49d2622a2d8af59a4615124.jpg

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, MapMaker said:

I bought the Volkswagen Gold GTI 16V and only after a few races I noticed that the rev counter is upside down.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:34 AM, HoksuHoo said:

Finland has a terrible looking fog effect all over it on daytime. It looks right a short distance from your car but at a distance it becomes an awful foggy mess.

It seems many locations have this issue, not just Finland.

Version 1.10.1 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Watch the DELTA achievement in Steam could not be achieved, though I bought all group A cars. I have even bought 2nd Subaru 95, as I had one from start in Super Deluxe Edition. Progress still shows 3 car out of 4.

I guess the same problem is with Living the Dream achievement. I already have Audi and bought Lancia group B. Progress shows 1 car, though I have 2 in my garage.

• Agree 1

I'm still getting the rain nails. This just happened to me today in the Group A weekly in New England. Stage 8, North Folk Pass Reverse. 

If it helps the dev team work out what the problem is, this seems to happen exclusively when starting a stage in an interior view. I've had the game since launch and not once had it happen to me when using an exterior cam. Picture was just taken from bonnet cam as I switched to bonnet cam after starting the stage in cockpit cam to try and see better. 

System is PS4 Pro, game is installed on an internal Samsung 860 EVO SSD if that info makes a difference. 

@PJTierney

20191114_220212.jpg

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Like 1

Others that have come across this, have you only been seeing it in Dailies/Weeklies?

So i ran the stage after the one reported above, which i think was North Folk Pass (normal, not reversed). 

Since i finished the previous stage in bonnet cam the game started the next stage in that cam, and no rain nails at all even though it was still raining. Everything was fine. 

Not exaggerating when i say i've literally never had it happen to me at all when playing the game in exterior views in 10 months of owning the game. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the issue is somehow connected to the rain rendering when using interior cams as some of the lighting etc looks a bit different in the interior cams. 

BTW the car I was using was the Mitsubishi Lancer Group A, in case it's maybe car related too. 

Edited by Tranzitive

Who thougt it would be a good idea to put black numbers on windows ...

DR2_Ford_FiestaRXmk7.jpg

Edited by JorritVD
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What platform you're playing on: Steam

What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).: Ryzen 2700, GTX 1080, SSD

Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus). : Deluxe   

Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc. : G920 steering wheel+shifter, HTC Vive

When attempting to change the names of saved setups, the game stops taking any input at all. The scene will move around as certain buttons on the keyboard are pressed, like it does in the normal menu, but text can't be deleted or altered in any way. In fact, it also won't respond to inputs on the wheel and I can't exit the text box. The only way to get out if I'm playing in VR is to take off the headset to force the "Headset removed" message to appear. If I'm playing in normal screen mode, there's no way to exit without force quitting the game.

1 hour ago, Foxhound9154 said:

When attempting to change the names of saved setups, the game stops taking any input at all. The scene will move around as certain buttons on the keyboard are pressed, like it does in the normal menu, but text can't be deleted or altered in any way. In fact, it also won't respond to inputs on the wheel and I can't exit the text box. The only way to get out if I'm playing in VR is to take off the headset to force the "Headset removed" message to appear. If I'm playing in normal screen mode, there's no way to exit without force quitting the game.

I have seen it one time when I forgot to change input language from national into English. Pressing language change combo (Alt-Shift in my case) does not work while the game is open. I had to minimize the game with Alt-Tab and make sure English is my current input language with the mouse. Then keyboard input in game worked normally. Make sure you have English when you start the game.

A bit of a design oversight: in rally with HUD off, there is no warning about driving the wrong way. Shouldn't your co-driver say something about that? I play with HUD off because authenticity and because I hate the "stop by marshal" message that is in the middle of your screen after every race, and I got disqualified from a monthly because I didn't realize I was going the wrong way after a crash and rolling a few times, you kind of lose your orientation there

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2019 at 11:09 PM, Tigron said:

I have seen it one time when I forgot to change input language from national into English. Pressing language change combo (Alt-Shift in my case) does not work while the game is open. I had to minimize the game with Alt-Tab and make sure English is my current input language with the mouse. Then keyboard input in game worked normally. Make sure you have English when you start the game.

My input language already is English. Does it have to be a particular English set within Windows (i.e. US vs UK)?

I bought a new GPU and now the game resets graphic settings every time I start it. This is very frustating issue. Please fix ASAP! Deleting the 'hardwaresettings' folder doesn't help nor checking file integrity on Steam. Steam Cloud is also not the issue since the settings which the game resets to are the very default settings.

EDIT. I realized there are no files in the folder I deleted and which was recreated. Why verifying files doesn't download the .xml file? I disabled and enabled Steam cloud, but it doesn't download anything. There is no file with the settings now (.xml), could somebody send me this file please?

EDIT2. Okay it seems the 'hardwaresettings' folder is write protected, so you can only read files in there. The problem is when I untap the option of read only and hit apply, after checking again the read only option is enabled again. How is this even possible? Codemasters fix your messy game please.

EDIT3. This is a common and old issue across many Codemasters titles. Why is this not issued?

https://www.google.com/search?biw=2226&bih=1118&ei=Q03QXdHEGeuFmwWrr5r4BQ&q=codemasters+settings+reset+default+site%3Aforums.codemasters.com&oq=codemasters+settings+reset+default+site%3Aforums.codemasters.com&gs_l=psy-ab.3...5506.6414..6495...0.0..0.67.469.8......0....1..gws-wiz.nRCD-BAyk2k&ved=0ahUKEwiR8sf3uu_lAhXrwqYKHauXBl8Q4dUDCAo&uact=5

Edited by AUTOPELI

11 hours ago, Foxhound9154 said:

My input language already is English. Does it have to be a particular English set within Windows (i.e. US vs UK)?

I don't know! I have English US and Russian. With Russian it showed exactly the same symptoms you described. I changed it into English and it got fixed.

Ps4 deluxe 

Thrustmaster t300rs 

So I came across this the other day and have been able to recreate it consistently. If you enter the my team events and collect you credits from completing challenges, and the go back to the main menu and enter the garage, this will happen. The only way to stop it seems to be to close application.

Edited by Danm321
  • Thanks 1

When using the look back button in cockpit view the Sierra Cos worth has the rear whale tail spoiler missing.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/14/2019 at 5:37 AM, Tigron said:

Version 1.10.1 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Watch the DELTA achievement in Steam could not be achieved, though I bought all group A cars. I have even bought 2nd Subaru 95, as I had one from start in Super Deluxe Edition. Progress still shows 3 car out of 4.

I guess the same problem is with Living the Dream achievement. I already have Audi and bought Lancia group B. Progress shows 1 car, though I have 2 in my garage.

I unlocked Watch the DELTA here, but I couldn't unlock Living the Dream.

I bought Audi four times and every other car twice: still 4 out of 5.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:34 PM, HoksuHoo said:

As a native Finn, I can tell you that is not how Finland looks like in dry daytime. Not at all.

20191107233057_1.thumb.jpg.677d0cf03944c60e441c19f16cd90de4.jpg

20191109141641_1.thumb.jpg.a3af2fc8559f626b9546399c42ad1d16.jpg20191109141701_1.thumb.jpg.342ea97caf030b56a98689c1fe563dd8.jpg

20191107232121_1.thumb.jpg.a130b569899f300eeb5d91f7f435488b.jpg

Those shots are Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface. Doesn't look very clear to me. Overcast is even worse:20191112171508_1.thumb.jpg.b5bc4794f608304bd4520c496c1f772e.jpg

After fixing Daytime weather please add more weather options like rain. No rain at all in Finland is very odd, as someone who lives in Finland I can say it rains quite a lot in here

I start to believe that annoying fog is a technique to reduce the quantity of elements to be rendered simultaneously in order to reduce load on some low end GPUs. But this is just a theory of course.

• Disagree 1