DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.10 Bug Reports

On 11/9/2019 at 10:34 PM, HoksuHoo said:

Finland has a terrible looking fog effect all over it on daytime. It looks right a short distance from your car but at a distance it becomes an awful foggy mess.

As a native Finn, I can tell you that is not how Finland looks like in dry daytime. Not at all.

20191107233057_1.thumb.jpg.677d0cf03944c60e441c19f16cd90de4.jpg

20191109141641_1.thumb.jpg.a3af2fc8559f626b9546399c42ad1d16.jpg20191109141701_1.thumb.jpg.342ea97caf030b56a98689c1fe563dd8.jpg

20191107232121_1.thumb.jpg.a130b569899f300eeb5d91f7f435488b.jpg

Those shots are Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface. Doesn't look very clear to me. Overcast is even worse:20191112171508_1.thumb.jpg.b5bc4794f608304bd4520c496c1f772e.jpg

After fixing Daytime weather please add more weather options like rain. No rain at all in Finland is very odd, as someone who lives in Finland I can say it rains quite a lot in here

• What platform you're playing on: Steam
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD, Sound Blaster Z, Windows 10     
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus). : Super Deluxe   
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc. : G920 steering wheel+shifter

at least fog shouldnt be there at daytime, only at mornings after cold night and still fog shouldnt be everywhere, only at lowest parts of stage or at places where fog would logically form ponds.

Edited by Jeq
  • Like 1

Yes. Actual foggy weather conditions are one thing, and if you make a foggy weather then the fog should look like real fog, not whatever that is. But it's there on dry, sunny daytime and overcast, not damp foggy weather.

Clear daytime should look like this:2016-07-30-RALLY-FINLAND-17-SUNINEN.jpg

Overcast daytime should look like this:

cropped-Ott-Tanak-Rally-Finland-2019-102

See all that fog? Me neither.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

PC, steam, 1.10

The game crashes every couple of days. I send the error report every time. Crash is after a stage in clubs, sometimes resulting in dnf, sometimes you can restart the game and continue.

As it is in clubs I notice orhers complain also about this.

• Agree 1

Game not saving in 1.10 (steam)

After 1.10 update Historical prodress and game settings and input and profile language (if to change it after historical event drive) do not saved.

I launch in VR oculus and SteamVR and 2D mode.I tried disable  steam cloud and activating it again,but nothing-saves do not work.I tried delete ...\Steam\userdata\60523983\690790 folder and created new,but nothing-Historical not saving

Racenet works fine

in 1.9 all saves worked fine

Edited by sinco01

On 11/21/2019 at 11:04 PM, Snoopy43 said:

@PJTierney I use PS4 to play Dirt and the bug with parts all over the car keeps on happening. It looks like I get it more often than before. It is hard to guess how it occurs, because Subaru and Peugeot were in Clubs but Polo R5 was in Weekly Challenge. I am pretty sure that I also got this in my career mode. 

It happens when the car is brand new and also when I slightly touch something so it is always different situation. Thankfully it does not affect any of driving physics, lighting etc. It just looks awful from the outside and on cockpit camera it seems to be working okay. 

IMG-3757.JPG

IMG-3756.JPG

IMG-3715.JPG

Had this happen to me too, in the F2 kit car weekly at Wales. Was also combined with the heavy rain glitch where I could basically only see a few meters in front of me. Have had the body panels glitch a numerous amount of times, I've always gotten it after taking some slight damage on the previous stage, never when I had major damage from a previous stage iirc. I've only encountered this bug in challenges. I have some capture footage if that's useful. Only use the new dashcam, on a standard ps4.

Edited by doeternitoeV10
  • Like 1

Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Hamelahti, Finland - R5 Daily event - 2019/12/02

• Practice finish markers are approximately 30m further than actual finish line is.
  • Actual finish line is much further than it should be. In fact you should hit the marshal in order to get finish time.

The bug is repetitive. I saw this problem of practice finish markers both on long and short stages starting from the same location.

Sorry, did not keep the video.

Edited by Tigron

Lydden Hill, UK

There is very little dust on dirty sections of the track. Very little comparing to stock RX tracks (except Killarney). The car does not become dirty.

My graphic settings: Shaders - Hight, Particles - Low.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:22 PM, Snoopy43 said:

I said it already couple of times in different places and I completely agree with you! My Focus has got better lights than light pods used in game and it is quite frustrating. I loved night stages in first Dirt Rally but in 2.0 I don't enjoy them that much unfortunately. The lights are simply not strong enough. I really hope that it can be fixed. 

True. I own a road-going version of one of the modern rally cars in DR2.0 and I can honestly say that low beam on my car goes further than the night lights in DR2.0 with extra light pods. When the light pods break the headlights are like DRLs only. Way, way too weak. Night racing would be a lot better and more realistic with decent headlights

On 12/2/2019 at 10:24 PM, Tigron said:

Hamelahti, Finland - R5 Daily event - 2019/12/02

• Practice finish markers are approximately 30m further than actual finish line is.
  • Actual finish line is much further than it should be. In fact you should hit the marshal in order to get finish time.

The bug is repetitive. I saw this problem of practice finish markers both on long and short stages starting from the same location.

Sorry, did not keep the video.

Video to illustrate the problem:

5 hours ago, Tigron said:

Video to illustrate the problem:

Keep an eye out for the up coming patch notes. 😉

On 10/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, Samuel Dodee said:

In Time Trial mode, if you don't turn on your best time's ghost, you won't see the gap in any split times.

Yes I confirm it. I noticed the exact same problem. In time trial you want to disable the ghost because instinctively if the ghost is ahead of you, you will go too fast trying to catch up and most likely make mistakes. But if you disable the ghost you cannot see the gap in any split times like @Samuel Dodee said.

Edited by koog2003

PC version. Time trial mode RX. Track Mettet. Car: at least Audi and Peugeot(perhaps with every car).
Complete time trial session, go to leaderboard(perhaps not neccessary), then back to menu and restart. After moving on... watch video and pay attention to "DIFF", Lap number and Best.

Edited by ksb4ever

Platform: PC

The NR4 Mitsubishi has incorrect gearbox type, it has sequential in the game but as an NR4 car it should actually be H-pattern.

At first I thought it was suffering from the same bug as the NR4 Impreza (menu says sequential but in game it is H-shifter). Turns out the Mitsubishi is incorrect both in the menu and in-game.

• Like 1

In a career rally with two stages between services, when coming into a service during an asphalt rally and both the upcoming stages are in dry conditions, I get the warning about "mixed dry/wet conditions in upcoming stages" if I have wet tyres on from the previous stage. It is the same if the situation is the other way around (coming into service with dry tyres and both the upcoming stages are in wet conditions.

When I entered service with wet tyres and saw the warning about mixed conditions in upcoming stages, I decided to play it safe and pick wet tyres again, but both stages were in dry conditions.

When going from one rally to the next in a career championship, sometimes the car setup will carry over, sometimes not.

At first I got the impression that the setup always carried over. With this in mind, during a rally I was tweaking the setup at every service, doing my final adjustments in the last service, thinking that I will verify these adjustments during the last two stages and if they are good, I will save them to the setup when I get to the the service before the first stage of the next rally. However once I got to the next rally, the entire setup was reset to default and my unsaved setup changes were lost.

It seems that the behavior when going from a rally to the next is inconsistent, sometimes the setup carries over and sometimes it resets.

The boost gauge in the UI is very bugged.

When the engine is shut off, the boost gauge shows -1, this is incorrect. It should show 0 since there is neither boost nor vacuum in the intake manifold (intake manifold pressure is the same as atmospheric pressure).

When the engine is idling, the boost gauge shows 0, this is incorrect. It should show a negative value between 0 and -1 because the turbo is not producing boost but the engine is running, which causes a vacuum in the intake manifold (intake manifold pressure is lower than atmospheric pressure).

Also according to the UI the Fiesta R2 runs at 3 bars of boost which I find very hard to believe, that is higher than all of the Group B cars, even twice that of the Quattro...

(The boost gauge has no unit but since its values start at -1, it is safe to assume that the unit is bar and it shows pressure relative to atmosphere, which most boost gauges do)

Edited by cheba

On 11/9/2019 at 10:14 PM, Fregis said:

Found bug, it happens several times for me (every time), i can repeat it, and i know how. i wrote steps what i doing.

Go to online racing -> connect to random rallycross champioship (other player ping not important) > wait to another guys finish races  > automaticly connects> start, race, fininsh races (everything ok)> automaticly go to menu > automaticly go to another event (Track)> presss START for race, wait another players> will show grid> car from inside > and get DISCONNECTED "Please make sure you are signed in your network is OK".

After, if i go to carreer will show in corner  "connecting racenet"> connects> show everything (progress, and etc), so i can go career or daily event (or time trial - not important) > choose > load track> press START for racing> and get stuck in pre start screen for infinity,  but nothing happens (waiting for something in system).

So  when i get disconnected from  online event i need restart DR2 aplication every time- annoying.
I don know why is happenening, i gues ping? 

• Steam.     
  • intel cpu 7700, nvidia gtx 1070ti   
  • deluxe version    
  • G27 wheel, cv1 headset

p.s. sorry for long post, hope i wrote clearly

I did video, sorry for quality

Internet test: 
Germany

image.png.27aaeef3347abae33de570f6ac960153.png

New York

image.png.bf7b56a23b290ee98c8a3dac71e862ce.png

China

image.png.0685e84391e23fb8d2b4834a9f10ee62.png

Edited by Fregis
  • Like 1

Is the "You get disconnected at start or the race" bug in multiplayer rallycross a known bug? 

Last night I thought I'd try some multiplayer RX, and everything worked until I loaded into the car and I was waiting for the green lights. Instead of changing from flat view to VR wraparound it just waited a little while, then it says I'm disconnected and kicks me out of the session. 

If I try to do some other event after that has happened I also get stuck in flat view, only solution is to restart the game. I can do career RX events just fine in VR, but doing some wheel on wheel multiplayer would be nice 😛 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dytut said:

Is the "You get disconnected at start or the race" bug in multiplayer rallycross a known bug? 

Last night I thought I'd try some multiplayer RX, and everything worked until I loaded into the car and I was waiting for the green lights. Instead of changing from flat view to VR wraparound it just waited a little while, then it says I'm disconnected and kicks me out of the session. 

If I try to do some other event after that has happened I also get stuck in flat view, only solution is to restart the game. I can do career RX events just fine in VR, but doing some wheel on wheel multiplayer would be nice 😛 

I've had this bug since the release of VR Dirt Rally 2.0. I'm wondering if _anyone_ has _ever_ got it working. I've given up playing or purchasing DLC until this is fixed.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 10:44 AM, CM_Ads said:

Sometimes when going down rough and bumpy tracks like Wales it can knock the lights a bit and cause this effect.

I've had this issue (on PC) when driving a car without damage (fresh out of service) in Wales, the lights begun to flicker early in the first sector of the stage, soon after the the start before I had driven over any notable bumps, or hit anything with the car to cause any damage. So although the flickering is a feature, the conditions to trigger it seem to be bugged.

Car auto-braking using handbrake in low speed, even though I have all driving aids turned off (except clutch override). When at low speed coasting down, you suddenly can hear the handbrake sound effect and see the handbrake light in the UI lighting up, and the car will suddenly stop with a jolt. When applying brake pedal while stationary, the handbrake is released, but it is automatically re-applied when releasing the brake pedal again. I have seen this in several cars, both in cars with sequential as well as H-pattern gearbox. I haven't tested all cars but I guess it's the same for all of them.

Funny thing is, this is quite similar to the "hill hold" feature many modern road cars have. It's not something used in rally cars though 🙂 

Another funny thing is, it is not the first game with this bug. I think it was Need for Speed Most Wanted from 2005 that also had it.

NOT A BUG, need clarification

Windshield wipers cannot become off. It become on, then it only changes the speed, but I cannot make them off neither from steering wheel, nor from keyboard.

OK, I have figured it out myself.

Short press - turn on the wipers, change speed.

Long press - turn off the wipers.

Since it is not documented anywhere, please add relevant note somewhere.

Edited by Tigron

it's not really a bug, but it's bugging me. This new livery looks good. But why not the little bit extra effort to make it great?

image.thumb.png.b7a319b03cefd6752ff2a78d976720de.png image.thumb.png.195a71d401f021acc7b873d13b236abd.png

• Thanks 1