DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.10 VR Feedback

Topic will be automatically locked at 00:00

Steam - Deluxe version.  Oculus Rift.

Wheel: Thrustmaster TX

Key binding for "button 3" (on the wheel) is not working anymore. Have been perfectly fine until latest update.
I bind that button to a buttonbox. Actually the button is binded when I press it in the setup, but in-game it does not respond.

Edited by MongoJon [VR]

Hello.
My real big problem is the heavy rain and heavy snow weather. When this happens in both rally and rallycross it is literally impossible to see anything if you use the cockpit camera view in VR. It is not racing it is surviving ! I have to use an external camera to play because otherwise I cant play ... I cant see anything almost outside the windshield. This is really really annoying. On top of it AI seems to be totally indifferent to the weather conditions. They always make the same times ..... You really need to curb the intensity of the snow and the rain on the windshield. I understand wanting to be "realistic" but this is WAY too much guys ....

I use the Steam Version. My specs are in the signature. Other than this huge problem with heavy weather the game works great for me.

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

Heavt rain - Night - Oculus Rift - Steam Version - Specs in the signature

Can barely see the track from the cockpit view in VR .. way too much weather effect 

Edited by koog2003

On 11/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, koog2003 said:

On top of it AI seems to be totally indifferent to the weather conditions. They always make the same times .....

+1

With heavy rain or snow it's totally impossible to win a rally. IA must have robotic eyes!!

• Agree 2

Engine sounds are not where they should be, when using headset it feels like it's between your ears. 

Smoke particles doesn't spaw how they should. If you turn head you can't see smoke particles behind car, you have to turn your car into direction where they should be to see them. Weird enough that they are drawn on mirror tho, which i don't need so much. Option to turn them off from mirror could save some gpu power.

Edited by Jeq
  • Like 1

Pressing clutch + handbrake when car is still while at neutral Gear should recover car on track automatically, i lose lot of Time trying to find recovery Button while wearing headset

4 hours ago, Jeq said:

Smoke particles doesn't spaw how they should. If you turn head you can't see smoke particles behind car, you have to turn your car into direction where they should be to see them. Weird enough that they are drawn on mirror tho, which i don't need so much. Option to turn them off from mirror could save some gpu power.

it is something similar to smoke coming from an engine. it's not rendered when you have are looking ahead. Once you turn the head a bit, fragments of smoke appears.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

On 10/31/2019 at 4:59 AM, Ialyrn said:

You can change the settings in the "hardware_setting_config_vr" file located in "Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally 2.0\hardwaresettings". In there you have options to set the window resolution, as well as to set it into windowed mode.
Options you want to look for are

"resolution width="1280" height="720" " (change the numbers to change the desktop window resolution)
"fullscreen="0" " (setting to "0" sets it to windowed mode)

Hope that helps.

@PJTierney This sort of stuff should be changable in game through the graphical options menu, expecting the whole player base to know these things can be changed in file is just plain backwards.

This is not working for me. I have tried both windowed and fullscreen. My problem is the image is stretched out as if it was an ultrawide monitor.

I have changed settings to this: resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="auto" fullscreen="0"

I tried forcing 16:9 by doing this but it doesn't work either: resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="1.78" fullscreen="0"

As you can see in the below screenshots my mirrored screen is being stretched wide. I was hoping forcing the resolution and aspect ratio would work but it changes nothing.

451933181_Screenshot(166).thumb.png.45ffea96af27e2746a0010b315bfeaf8.png

1414380369_Screenshot(167).thumb.png.250497c4f712c9120ce1c36af1e54d30.png

17 minutes ago, kellemann said:

Patch notes are up, nothing about the crused black. WHY?????

Its a joke that they added each separate country comfort rating change in the patch notes to make it look like vr got some improvement..

• Agree 2

Oculus Quest HMD

Intel 3770 CPU

EVGA/Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU

Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals and H shifter

Running Steam Deluxe version.

When launching in Oculus mode it tells me my headset is not recognised. Can launch in Steam VR mode OK but if it's true the Oculus mode works better I'd rather use that.

I'm hoping this is because it's looking for a specific list of supported models and because Quest link is new and in beta it's not yet included.

Or perhaps it's objecting because the rift software has a beta function enabled.

I'm new to VR but in my limited experience so far other games just see it as a rift.

Update:

If I ignore the warning it lets me continue and works fine in Oculus mode.

Feeling a bit stupid now

Edited by Smithers1968
I'm an idiot

Valve Index

Ryzen 3700x

MSI RTX 2080ti

Logitech g29 complete rig

Steam Super Deluxe version

------------
I just noticed that: when setting refreshrate to 120Hz some objects got weird physics: for example thrown stones are levitating or falling really really slowly... and they seem to stay in the air forever sometimes (rallycross circuits are creepy with this issue: you ride through a cloud of levitating pebbles :D).

Overexposure of HDR has been mentioned like 1000times, so I am adding my +1 to this.

And what ruins my VR experience a lot is weird stones (these laying on the track) shimmering, flickering and overlight during stages with carlights switched on.