Sign in to follow this  

The RallyCross AI topic

Please give feedback on the AI of Rallycross.

Try mentioning the following details:
- Track: 
- Class: 
- Car: 
- Subject:
- Description:  
- Video/Image: 

---------LOCATIONS SPECIFIC AI BUGS-----------

Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina Circuit
AI slow at first hairpin (LINK)
AI slow at uphill corner (LINK)
> AI dissapear after taking joker lap (LINK)
> AI taking very wide lines in the the double chicane (LINK)

Belgium - Mettet
> AI take strange lines through chicanes and final normal corner (LINK)
> AI seems to be to fast (looks like only in player's race) (LINK)

Canada - Trois-Rivières

England - Lydden Hill

England - Silverstone

France - Lehéac

Germany - Estering
AI still slow in final to last corner (LINK)

Latvia - Bikernieki

Norway - Hell
> AI speed at Hell is overall slow (LINK)
> Turn 8 slow down (final to last corner) 
(LINK)

Portugal - Montalegre
> At the start the AI turns into player (LINK)

South Africa - Killarney

Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
> AI slows down at the end of the joker lap when merge with other car. (LINK)
> AI doesn't take defending line into T3 after start, so easy to pass on the inside. (LINK)

Sweden - Höljes

---------GENERAL AI BUGS-----------

> Career - Randomized times in qualifying heats (LINK)
> Wet - AI seems to overall a lot slower than player in wet races compared to dry (LINK)
> Joker - AI who is in first place after start usually takes joker on first lap (LINK)
> Troubles - AI slows down for broken AI car (LINK)

Edited by JorritVD

One thing that is often WAY off is the randomized times from the other qualifiers. They should be around the same level as the AI drivers you race against in your qualifier but ofter they are really far apart. This is in Silverstone, heavy rain, elite championship.

20191021123403_1.thumb.jpg.698d8a401dd6712b62fad2f98632174a.jpg20191021123406_1.thumb.jpg.77287f7e5bf68c04b6ac70facde7e210.jpg

2 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

One thing that is often WAY off is the randomized times from the other qualifiers. They should be around the same level as the AI drivers you race against in your qualifier but ofter they are really far apart. This is in Silverstone, heavy rain, elite championship.

If I see the times and you say you are in Elite, it almost seems that in your heat the AI are ELITE WET AI and in the other heats the times are based on ELITE DRY AI.

How are the times in the DRY ELITE rounds? It is more "normal" than?

- Track: Estering
- Class: Supercars (100% AI)
- Subject: AI still slow in final to last corner
- Description: The AI is slow in the final to last corner. Although it has been fixed and the AI seem to be a bit faster, they are still slow in this corner. Overall I think the AI is pretty good at the Estering except the final to last corner. Also the first turn the AI is a bit carefull. But I think this final to last corner they are to slow. 
- Video/Image: 

Edited by JorritVD

- Track: Mettet
- Subject: AI take strange lines through chicanes and final corner (not joker)
- Description:  The AI takes really stange lines through the chicanes and the final corner (normal). The AI turn steer very late and keep a big distance from the wall / tyre walls. But at the same time they keep a lot of speed. This overall gives a strange feeling. 
- Video/Image: 

Edited by JorritVD

- Track: Hell
- Subject: Turn 8 slow down (final to last corner)
- Description: In turn 8 the cars are slow. I tested with both Group B and Supercars, but it seems in Gr.B RX it is less worse
- Video/Image: 

- Track: Hell
- Subject: AI speed at Hell is overall slow
- Description: Again for Group B it seems ok, but for Supercars they seem very slow. In this video with 100% AI is even hold back but still are faster. I have the feeling the AI is still from DR1 or D4 as the AI is also less aggresive compared to other RX tracks imo.
- Video/Image: 

- Track: Abu Dhabi
- Subject: AI slow at first hairpin
- Description: The AI is very slow at the first hairpin
- Video/Image: 

- Subject: AI slow at uphill corner
- Description: Which is turn 8 or 9 after the double chicane. The AI slows down massively. Maybe it is due to the the inside wall. But this cost them a lot of time.
- Video/Image: 

- Subject: AI dissapear after taking joker lap
- Description: Maybe it is an Hansen trick, but after following Timmy Hansen into the joker, he goes straight on, like he wants to finish, but than also dissapears and glitches for a moment. But after he is the fastest car on track with a huge margin
- Video/Image: 

image.thumb.jpeg.692cd0e07d406ba797ecce948115ec55.jpeg

- Subject: AI taking very wide lines in the the double chicane. 
- Description: In the video you can see the Polo as well the Subi I am fighting are taking very wide (not normal) entries in the double chicanes and staying far away from the wall/curbs.
- Video/Image: 

I have no footage but the AI coming out of the Joker at Barcelona will slow down and almost stop if there is another car coming out of the hairpin on the standard lap.

Instead they should go round the outside of other cars or even attempt to cut underneath other cars

AI also seems way too fast in dry conditions at these locations in my experience, compared to other tracks on the calendar on the same difficulty level:

Barcelona, Silverstone, Mettet

A problem that seems to especially happen in Portugal, but happens elsewhere too: at the start of a race the AI drivers on the right side lanes will immediately start moving left (or the other way around on track where T1 is left), and they don't care if you are in their way. This often causes collisions, but the worst is when you get a better start than the AI driver, then the AI driver can hit you in a way that causes you to spin out.20191106222236_1.thumb.jpg.ec3e69908bdec4f7d49b48442a160e78.jpg20191106222240_1.thumb.jpg.cc5b7592ba618e5d4365c6fff950b103.jpg20191106222246_1.thumb.jpg.5568cd4b776af4cf79450f63d16d046e.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo

Made a post in discord but copying here since it's relevant 

I think Rallycross AI still needs some work across the board:

-Specifically on tracks like Barcelona, Mettet and Silverstone the AI seem way too OP compared to all other tracks on the same difficulty (92 in custom events and Masters in MyTeam)

-In Abu Dhabi you can beat other cars in your heat by miles and still be way off the pace of the other heats meaning making the semi's is pretty much impossible (92 difficulty in custom event at Masters MyTeam again)

-Also in Abu Dhabi the AI in your heat take the first hairpin way too slowly on exit making overtakes incredibly easy

-The AI in wet conditions are so much slower than they should be on all tracks, you can be struggling to get P1 in a heat in the dry and then get P1 by a significant amount in the wet on the same difficulty (Especially noticeable in custom events when you set the conditions to change mid event without changing difficulty)

-If an AI driver gets into the lead off the start, they will always take their joker on lap 1 which is not realistic, happens on all tracks every time, does not happen if all the AI are behind you

• Agree 1

- Track: Barcelona
- Subject: AI slows down at the end of the joker lap when merge with other car.

General bug - AI slows down for broken AI car

When a AI gets troubles, f.e. flat tyre, the AI slows down a lot for it, rather that pass it fast. I think the AI which is in trouble should or go faster or park the car. 

Subject: AI doesn't take defending line into T3 after start, so easy to pass on the inside. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, JorritVD said:

- Track: Estering
- Subject: AI still slow in final to last corner
- Description: The AI is slow in the final to last corner. Although it has been fixed and the AI seem to be a bit faster, they are still slow in this corner. Overall I think the AI is pretty good at the Estering except the final to last corner. Also the first turn the AI is a bit carefull. But I think this final to last corner they are to slow. 
- Video/Image: 

even at 100% the AI is 20 seconds behind me, two things, I'm a pro driver the best of the world, or the AI is too much slow.

Bumping this thread because fixing rallycross AI should be pretty high priority for Codemasters. Some really nice rallycross content in DR2.0 but it's such a waste that the poor AI makes offline racing really difficult.

Because of the random times in qualifying that are often nowhere near the AI drivers your race against, I'm finding it impossible to have an offline race on some tracks. Killarney is completely broken regarding the random times but there are several other tracks where this problem happens. I suppose it depends on your difficulty level how much it appears, but on the difficulty I play it's game-breaking.

20200124004523_1.thumb.jpg.9fe8a00b36d7fe49a3f20348ba2da556.jpg20200124004527_1.thumb.jpg.172bcddd7ab773dabb3cae7e5d033f61.jpg

This needs to be fixed. After that there are plenty of flaws with AI that could be addressed

On 1/7/2020 at 1:00 AM, KolysioN said:

even at 100% the AI is 20 seconds behind me, two things, I'm a pro driver the best of the world, or the AI is too much slow.

what difficulty are you on? it gets much harder on the higher levels (80+ in freeplay, elite/masters in career).

it does depend on the track though too. as others have pointed out in this thread, the AI is much faster on some tracks, and terrible on others)

Edited by ianism

I play at the highest difficulty.

BUT, i have noticed than in others AI race, the AI has the same time as me, but each time I race against AI, the opponents are slow.

Here the result in FINALE, AI 100%, and I have not forced at all my driving, I was relax with a beer in my hand.

FINALERX.thumb.jpg.0855428dd245f3b2cd1383e3451446b1.jpg

BUT if you look the CONSOLATION FINALE, they are all fasters than the FINALE....

757196111_AIRXFINALECONSOLATION.thumb.jpg.ab3ccce896b8027593c18d3e28b958a0.jpg

AI times are bugged, why can't we have the AI fastest time in a real race ???? it's obvious the fastest time AI have, they can't have it in a real race....

If I force my driving in a 6 laps race, AI is 20 seconds being me.....

Edited by KolysioN