Patch Notes for 1.15 – Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.15 discussion thread.

Patch 1.15 is out now for Steam and PS4, with Xbox One following pending first party approval. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed and added to the Patch Off Topic Thread. Feel free to discuss anything not pertaining to the patch about the game there. 

Thanks all!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

They have slowed the AI starts down! the AI are already easy to get by the first corner even on highest settings why would they need to be even slower who requested this?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, TomAAA said:

They have slowed the AI starts down! the AI are already easy to get by the first corner even on highest settings why would they need to be even slower who requested this?

They're not that easy to get by on difficulty above 106 if you drive normally. Obviously, if you're a divebomber, any AI will be easy to pass into the first corner.

Besides, this probably slows them down off the line, not into the first corner, which is correct since the human can only match them or go slower, unlike previous games. It should really be more random though, some AI need to be able to get much slower getaways than others - it seems the variance is too low.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

That reads like a lot of good stuff I've been waiting for. AI starts were OP this year, and giving more options for career mode is always nice. Hope the tweaks work out as intended.

• Agree 1

Soo they added Halloween stuff that probably nobody asked for, but they didn‘t add a proper save functionality to restart a race without going through the whole weekend which (Online Championship likeF1 2018) was heavily requested in one of the most viewed threads. Well that‘s some nice prioritization in terms of customer vs capitalism 😬

Edited by slngr

8 minutes ago, bastek2504 said:

@RedDevilKT  I hope the "lapped cars ghost" can be turned off and on manually?

Same, I hope it can be turned off, for the sake of league racing.

• Agree 3

Of course we pay full price for the game and we should be able to expect a perfect game, but still they listen to the community a bit and fix some major issues which is great.

Besides the big complaints from everywhere I still enjoy the game big time and want to give huge credits to codemasters because they still do a great job for this game. I know this is an opinion which will not be supported by a lot of people but I think codies really need some support because they made huge improvements the last years in the F1 games.

• Agree 4

22 minutes ago, bastek2504 said:

@RedDevilKT  I hope the "lapped cars ghost" can be turned off and on manually?

@bastek2504 @MrCosta96 The lapped cars ghosting option is directly tied into the existing ghosting option. If the ghosting option is enabled for the league or lobby then lapped cars will ghost, likewise if this is disabled, cars will not ghost at all including lapped cars. Hope that helps!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Thank You Codemasters for Update 1.15 !!!

You have fixed one of the most game killer thing in F1 2019 Career Mode (Mid-Season Driver Transfers) !!!  

Finally we can Disable Totally Driver Transfers or Mid-Season Driver Transfers !!! I cant say how i am happy now 🙂 For Me Mid-Season Transfers were totally a game killer thing 🙂 

Thanks also for Teammate select option, finally i can start Career Mode with George Russel in Williams Racing 🙂 Probably I will Disable Driver Transfers, because i want to be constructor champion with my teammate George Russel 🙂 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to fix some other things like :

• 25% Races A.I. bad Tyre Strategy ( A.I. a lot of times choose Hard Tyres after pit stop in 25% races ... )
  • For some reason teammate is became faster and faster in Career Mode with same Difficulty Level.
  • Equal Cars option in Grand Prix and Time Trial
  • Turn Off Option for A.I. Engine Failures. I dont like to get easy points because A.I. cars has Engine Failures
  • Driving with Our Custom Driver in Grand Prix Mode. So for example if i choose Ferrari or Mercedes, i want to see my name as a Driver 🙂
Edited by TheSerbian
  • Agree 4

52 minutes ago, RedDevilKT said:

@bastek2504 @MrCosta96 The lapped cars ghosting option is directly tied into the existing ghosting option. If the ghosting option is enabled for the league or lobby then lapped cars will ghost, likewise if this is disabled, cars will not ghost at all including lapped cars. Hope that helps!

Ok thx for the info. The only problem I think we have is, that when ghosting is turned off, the cars of people who diconnect also don't ghost and this is really annoying in league races because nobody likes the AI (blocking crashing etc) . Could we get a third option where only cars of bots are ghosting?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Driver transfer changes and options is very welcome, thanks for adding this.

I've held off buying 2019 just because of the silly mid season transfers, but I now look forward to buying it soon.

Edited by kmw350
spelling
  • Agree 1

@RedDevilKT

Recently you stated that the car performance/ team performance / driver performance was not something Codemasters were "currently" looking into.

How about now?

Is there a chance for F1 2019 to get another car performance/ team performance / driver performance update?

• Agree 2

It shouldn't have taken literally 4 months to get an option to disable the mid-season transfers (or AI transfers outright). 🤣

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to actually have the ability to play the game I bought in June now the way I'd like, but it's a bit like congratulating someone for buying you sugar from the shop... that you asked for two weeks ago. It's a bit late for it now.

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 5

This

1 hour ago, SturmDesTodes said:

@RedDevilKT

Recently you stated that the car performance/ team performance / driver performance was not something Codemasters were "currently" looking into.

How about now?

Is there a chance for F1 2019 to get another car performance/ team performance / driver performance update?

Still needing buffs for Ricciardo, Sainz and Hulkenberg (maybe Albon, will see how he compares to Max) and nerfs for Perez, Weber and Gasly. Was hoping with them swapping Albon and Gasly they'd look into it.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

Do I have to start a new career to turn off driver transfers?

You can change the setting mid-career in the options, while loading between sessions! 

• Agree 1