Patch Notes for 1.15 – Discussion Thread

Of all the listed patch items, I'm most excited about this one: 

>> 26 brand new customisation items including Halloween edition items

- This adds a nice sence of personalization to a game so restricted to personal customization - all hail the regulation car in multiplayer!  Now let's get some photo taking capability so we can show off our new personal exploits! 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.15 discussion thread.

Patch 1.15 is out now for Steam and PS4, with Xbox One following pending first party approval. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed and added to the Patch Off Topic Thread. Feel free to discuss anything not pertaining to the patch about the game there. 

Thanks all!

All this time of silence just to pawn no safety car fix when you clearly know something is wrong. What a joke of a company you really are you don't give a **** do you 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

Do I have to start a new career to turn off driver transfers?

No, you can change the settings in game while on the loading screen for a practice/qualy/race session

Hi everyone,

Since the patch (with my TMX force feedback on steam) the keys no longer appear as before in game.
There are numbers or axes (1,2,3, X-,X+...) instead of the usual Xbox symbols (Blue X, Yellow Y, LB/LT...).
It's really disturbing because the buttons are represented on the wheel as on an Xbox controller.

Apparently, same issue with the G29 and "square" "triangle" for others users...

I hope that you'll understand my english ! 😉

EDIT: It seems that the issue appears when played with DirectX11. (With directx12 symbols are ok)

Edited by Twin5un
More details
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Erudain said:

No, you can change the settings in game while on the loading screen for a practice/qualy/race session

But it doesn't reverse the driver changes that are already done in an existing career save, does it?

Edited by Balazsryche

5 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

But it doesn't reverse the driver changes that are already done in an existing career save, does it?

No that would be pretty silly, you could cheat your way to the title by abusing that mid-season. 

@RedDevilKT

3 further questions:

1. When will console players get the ability to customize the HUD?

2. Speaking of the HUD, when will we get the "actual officially licenced TV HUD", as requested by many on this forum for the past couple of years?

3. You are giving us a plethora of diverse "customizable" Premium cosmetics for the car liveries, racing suits, gloves and helmets over and over again, which is nice but ultimately "MEH" as it is not a unique selfcreated design for the player.

When will you adopt and or even simply copy & paste a similar "avatar customization mode" [full driver customization (as in EA's FIFA or The Sims or even the MMORPG Black Desert Online etc.) / full helmet customization (meaning that we can create our own designs with stickers, vinyls, figures, numbers, letters, etc., using different materials such as a metallic, matte or pearlescent surface and even colored or shaded visors and maybe even some crazy air vent designs to recreate spikes etc.) / official helmet, gloves and shoe brands such as Arai, Alpine, OMP with different colors to choose from etc.] such as MotoGP19 has brilliantly showcased?

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Liking seeing so much added! But curious it only states FPS issue with PC, not the issue with PS4? Its still an issue on PS4 Pro. Though haven't played with new patch yet so hopefully its been sorted again too just forgetting to notify its PC and PS4?

8 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Liking seeing so much added! But curious it only states FPS issue with PC, not the issue with PS4? Its still an issue on PS4 Pro. Though haven't played with new patch yet so hopefully its been sorted again too just forgetting to notify its PC and PS4?

I tested yesterday patch 1.15 and i did start a F1 grand prix career to test and i did notice screen tearing on the grid intro when driver are preparing for the race, talking to press etc. But also when you race and go out of track in the grass at Mexico 2nd corner (by mistake off course 😁 )

I don't know if this was the case before 1.15.

Ps4 Pro.

• Agree 1

I retired my T150 and bought a t300 which is noticeably better. But I have a problem with  force feedback  which is sometimes strong and mostly light (ps4) With other games I don't have these problems.

Edited by IvanoZ023
  • Agree 1

Must be started a new a career to get all these updates? Especially the midseason-transfers ...

12 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

Danny Ric AI!! Sort it!!

This!!! I am destroying Ricciardo as my teammate by like 3-5 tenths per race on 90+ difficulty.

But Butler/Norris/Magnussen/Perez and I are all relatively evenly matched.

Need Ricciardo fixed to at least their level or higher. 

• Agree 2

Ricciardo should have a similar performance to Vettel/Leclerc. Perez, Sainz and Hulk should all be about the same and maybe around Bottas' performance while Gasly needs to be about the same as Kvyat, Magnussen and Grosjean. Albon may also need an upgrade but I'll judge that after I've done a few races and see how he compares to Verstappen. (Max may need a slight buff as well, again to match Vettel imo)

• Agree 1

Agreed. Verstappen has always been slow in these game weirdly. In my career he is either always behind Gasly or retires from the race.

18 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

Ricciardo should have a similar performance to Vettel/Leclerc. Perez, Sainz and Hulk should all be about the same and maybe around Bottas' performance while Gasly needs to be about the same as Kvyat, Magnussen and Grosjean. Albon may also need an upgrade but I'll judge that after I've done a few races and see how he compares to Verstappen. (Max may need a slight buff as well, again to match Vettel imo)

Ricciardo's been good this year and he adapted well enough to the car, but he's still not getting anywhere close to the most out of it. Sainz absolutely needs a buff, but I'm not convinced by the rest yet, especially Verstappen who's been hugely anonymous ever since Ferrari finally recovered from having the third best car and who was even tied in qualifying by Albon at Suzuka.

The ones who need a buff are Hamilton, Sainz, post-swap Gasly, Kvyat, Ricciardo, Stroll, second half Gio and Russell, but for most of them minor buffs are more than enough. Leclerc, on the other hand, probably needs a nerf since the second half as outside of Monza he's pretty clearly been inferior to Vettel despite the car suiting him perfectly - he may already have lower stats than Vettel, but the gap needs to be bigger, maybe in the range of 0.2s-0.3s/lap, which is the current gap between Vettel and Hamilton in the game afaik. Perez badly needs a nerf too, as does good old Weber. Car-wise, it goes without saying but the Red Bull needs a massive buff, while the Ferrari should have its nerfs partially reverted.

5 minutes ago, jannyg said:

Agreed. Verstappen has always been slow in these game weirdly. In my career he is either always behind Gasly or retires from the race.

It's because all the drivers have their 2018 stats, and like this year they stopped development of the 2018 game when the driver stats leaned towards the first half of the season, when Red Bull were only getting wins through luck or having the best car via Pirelli being weird with their tyres.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, IvanoZ023 said:

I retired my T150 and bought a t300 which is noticeably better. But I have a problem with  force feedback  which is sometimes strong and mostly light (ps4) With other games I don't have these problems.

This is the famous Codemasters F1 bug that still hasn't been fixed. Online has less FFB feeling than other modes on the game, its the same on PS4 and Xbox One

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

This is the famous Codemasters F1 bug that still hasn't been fixed. Online has less FFB feeling than other modes on the game, its the same on PS4 and Xbox One

In TT mode it works great while in a career completely different.

@RedDevilKT when will we get the official F1 HUD or be able to extend the list of drivers in the HUD to the left like in spectator mode? It is there for spectator, why not optional for career mode? It would help in order to have constant time gaps to all other drivers in relation to over- or undercuts and race strategy. Also it would help to have an option to only display the drivers' 3 main letters like HAM instead of Hamilton...

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Coffer said:

Ricciardo's been good this year and he adapted well enough to the car, but he's still not getting anywhere close to the most out of it. Sainz absolutely needs a buff, but I'm not convinced by the rest yet, especially Verstappen who's been hugely anonymous ever since Ferrari finally recovered from having the third best car and who was even tied in qualifying by Albon at Suzuka.

The ones who need a buff are Hamilton, Sainz, post-swap Gasly, Kvyat, Ricciardo, Stroll, second half Gio and Russell, but for most of them minor buffs are more than enough. Leclerc, on the other hand, probably needs a nerf since the second half as outside of Monza he's pretty clearly been inferior to Vettel despite the car suiting him perfectly - he may already have lower stats than Vettel, but the gap needs to be bigger, maybe in the range of 0.2s-0.3s/lap, which is the current gap between Vettel and Hamilton in the game afaik. Perez badly needs a nerf too, as does good old Weber. Car-wise, it goes without saying but the Red Bull needs a massive buff, while the Ferrari should have its nerfs partially reverted.

It's because all the drivers have their 2018 stats, and like this year they stopped development of the 2018 game when the driver stats leaned towards the first half of the season, when Red Bull were only getting wins through luck or having the best car via Pirelli being weird with their tyres.

Although you make valid points, the AI drivers should be balanced based on if they become teammates and in the same car. We've seen before that Ricciardo performs as well as Vettel and Verstappen. But if he becomes teammates with either in game, he's nowhere near them. Ricciardo seems balanced for this year but only because Hulkenberg is also too slow. Hulkenberg should be on the same level as Perez (as seen when they were teammates), but in game, same as Ricciardo, is nowhere near Perez. Gasly absolutely needs a nerf, he beats Verstappen in game and we saw he was very rarely within half a second of him in real. 

I think Perez AI is probably fine, he just looks too strong because all the midfield drivers need buffs.

Let's assume Hamilton is team leader, he should be the benchmark for the other AI drivers so the other AI should go:

+0.100 : Verstappen/Vettel/Leclerc/Ricciardo

+0.150 : Bottas/Raikkonen/Hulkenberg/Sainz/Perez/Butler/Weber

+0.250: Norris/Magnussen/Albon/Russell/Kvyat

+0.350-400: Giovinazzi/Stroll/Gasly/Grosjean/Kubica.

Based on season long performances as well as taking previous recent years. The game naturally has drivers have good and bad races so I don't think form from just the last few races should dictate how fast they are in game.

As far as teams are concerned they're not too far off. Red Bull looks weaker as Verstappen needs a buff, if he was correct, Red Bull would be accurate. Ferrari nerfs were correct, but the engine needs buffing to be ahead of Merc, that will balance their chassis nerf. McLaren will be fine if they buff Sainz. Racing Point should get a small nerf while Renault should get a bigger nerf, if Ricciardo and Hulk are correctly balanced, that will balance the Renault nerf. Toro Rosso probably need the biggest buff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

Driver transfers OFF OFF OFF Praise the Lord!!

or in my case on, on,on as I don't have a problem with them and I kind of like the idea of ma bit of a mixed up grid so I'll be leaving driver transfers on. They made a good decision of giving us the option given some are happy with it while others weren't so this suits both sides. I've not had any in my career yet but the possibility it can happen and mix the grid up is good for me and how I want to experience the game.

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, TNTMati said:

How about fixing SC?

What is the problem with the Safety Car ? I'm part of an online league and we saw the SC about 4 times since the beginning of the season, after 9 races. The SC behaviour is perfect and nobody noticed anything wrong.

I'm on PC without assists, except for the T-CAM. 

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Lescadres said:

What is the problem with the Safety Car ? I'm part of an online league and we saw the SC about 4 times since the beginning of the season, after 9 races. The SC behaviour is perfect and nobody noticed anything wrong.

I'm on PC without assists, except for the T-CAM. 

In career mode, it doesn't come out. Between Aarava, Tom97 and Tiametmarduk, I've only seen the SC once in almost 200 episodes altogether. Not that I care about it, just pointing out what they are legitimately complaining about.