Patch Notes for 1.15 – Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

or in my case on, on,on as I don't have a problem with them and I kind of like the idea of ma bit of a mixed up grid so I'll be leaving driver transfers on. They made a good decision of giving us the option given some are happy with it while others weren't so this suits both sides. I've not had any in my career yet but the possibility it can happen and mix the grid up is good for me and how I want to experience the game.

Cool.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

Cool.

Yeah I liked the i9dea of driver transfer sand it was one of the main reasons why I bought the game I can see why the amount of them can seem a little crazy but the only solution I think was to do what they've done at leas tin the short term and give those that don't want it an off switch and those that are happy can leave it on. I'm one of the ones who were happy with it. Is it perfect? no but I don' t think it's an easy fix as it means rejigging the whole contract system for the player as well as the AI. As I suspect the driver transfer system works through that based on what I've seen. Fo rth system to work right is more a 2020 job than can be done in a patch the on/off switch is likely the best thing they can do in a patch which is what they've given us.

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Yeah I liked the i9dea of driver transfer sand it was one of the main reasons why I bought the game I can see why the amount of them can seem a little crazy but the only solution I think was to do what they've done at leas tin the short term and give those that don't want it an off switch and those that are happy can leave it on. I'm one of the ones who were happy with it. Is it perfect? no but I don' t think it's an easy fix as it means rejigging the whole contract system for the player as well as the AI. As I suspect the driver transfer system works through that based on what I've seen. Fo rth system to work right is more a 2020 job than can be done in a patch the on/off switch is likely the best thing they can do in a patch which is what they've given us.

That's why I think these things should always be an option.

I remember how Grand Prix 2 in the 90's had an option for random mechanical problems for the player. While Codemasters won't do it because "not everyone likes that" 🙄

• Agree 8

17 hours ago, IvanoZ023 said:

I retired my T150 and bought a t300 which is noticeably better. But I have a problem with  force feedback  which is sometimes strong and mostly light (ps4) With other games I don't have these problems.

I've read on the technical section with the t300 you can reset your camera settings to default and the ffb comes back as normal on all modes. Hope this helps

Edited by smudger1982

I will try this over the weekend, 

tbh I did try game after patch 1.15 but forgot to default camera and ffb felt worse,

now they want us to buy a USB stick and send it by record delivery or spend hours posting videos,

all they had to do was revert back to say patch 1,04 and ask community if that was better instead of wasting there own time and ours,

saying that they completely turned around dirt rally 2.0 which on a wheel feel amazing,

dare I say better than dirt rally 1.0 ,

but I will go back to default camera and hopefully it fixers ffb,

another issue is why pad vs wheel are so much faster, the pad that it,

we know on and from day one release that pad vs wheel was equal but some where in the patch system it changed and favoured pads ,

lastly I am sure this game came out early and we were told that we would have monthly car performance updates to reflect the real f1,

hopefully codemasters can fix these issues, all the best,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paulski2610 said:

That's why I think these things should always be an option.

I remember how Grand Prix 2 in the 90's had an option for random mechanical problems for the player. While Codemasters won't do it because "not everyone likes that" 🙄

These sort of thing's I hoped would be in the game for 2011. Yeah it's annoying for the casual's but for people who want a bit more realism it would encourage people to save the engine plus the gearbox instead of driving in second gear only. Full power down a long straight with no consequences.    

• Agree 1

would anyone else be interested in using F2 drivers in career mode? maybe even first year play the f2 season (option), then place high enough to earn a spot in F1?

• Agree 3

Right now, Xbox players must be furious; the patch still isn't out.

It's been 48 hours since the PC patch and nearly 48 hours since the PS4 patch. I understand it takes time, but I never saw it take this long. 

I wanted to reference the tweets on Twitter, but I won't, in case of any controversy.

• Agree 2

Finally I can start a career with Ric in Renault (though he still needs upgrading, maybe bring sliders for AI in offline modes, everyone can do their own thing, increase/decrease, realistically or fantasy) and he won't move teams the first contract event that pops up 😂 This is what its all about Codies! Options! Options for every type of player! Please please keep this up! I'm very happy to see so much effort in this latest patch, the AI are more human at the starts (for a guy who doesn't torpedo the starts its great), it feels much more balanced and pure, they can kick up a bit of smoke too. If it was purposeful I've seen more position changes in starting than the regimented previous way, adds more realism and looks good.

And especially thank you for bringing back the choosing your team mate option!!! For me I play not to be a real F1 driver but to race in my favourite teams with my favourite drivers so to have the starting option really brings that personal touch in career mode which I love! 😍

Also noticed the tear/lag on PS4 Pro is less again, still there but minimal, I assume you know what is causing it as it was very bad on release, fixed then came back now its minimal again as patches come along. Can we know what it is? #jennyannem 

58 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

Right now, Xbox players must be furious; the patch still isn't out.

It's been 48 hours since the PC patch and nearly 48 hours since the PS4 patch. I understand it takes time, but I never saw it take this long. 

I wanted to reference the tweets on Twitter, but I won't, in case of any controversy.

Some patches before, the Xbox patch release was a whole week after the other 2 platforms. Even better, If I remember correctly one of the patches (a minor one) was comletely skipped on Xbox. So it's not uncommon at all. I just wonder why they can't roll out the update at the same time on all 3 platforms, like they do for Dirt Rally 2.0 every month.

How is the R&D in career now? This and the driver transfer issues were my main put off but I can probably justify £20 if this and car development are okay now

On 8/22/2019 at 10:23 AM, Smokedcheese999 said:

@Faya

Turning the red dial clockwise on the Logitech G29 doesn't work for me after 1.09 (I had it mapped as increase engine mode). I'm on PS4 fyi.

I completed the standard diagnostics:

1. Turn the system off/on, unplug wheel etc - still not working
  2. Tested 3x 2019 cars and 1x classic car at 4 different circuits - not working for all combinations
  3. re-mapped a different command to red dial - no success when turning clockwise.
  4. re-mapped increase engine mode to a different button - worked with the two buttons I tested "X" and "dpad right"
  5. Tried F1 2018 - red dial works (also mapped as increase engine mode).
  6. Tried Project Cars2 - red dial works

I see from other threads that a couple of wheels have received tweaks, maybe those changes have adversely affected the G29 (and possibly other wheels). I'd be interested to hear if any other G29/G290 users have the same issue.

Quote from patch 1.09 thread. Still not fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I've criticised codemasters a lot but this looks like an unexpectedly good patch.

Pro tip though, in the future if you want more gameplay, perhaps make the halloween livery something you can win in a gift seasonal event than have to buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smokedcheese999 said:

Quote from patch 1.09 thread. Still not fixed. 

This...

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, thatsfine said:

Pro tip though, in the future if you want more gameplay, perhaps make the halloween livery something you can win in a gift seasonal event than have to buy.

Meanwhile at Codemasters HQ:

"Money > Free Stuff"

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Car livery out date!!!this is terrible,please codemaster fix this livery car.f1 2019 is great but missed livery.thanks...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

On 10/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, Liaveil said:

Although you make valid points, the AI drivers should be balanced based on if they become teammates and in the same car.

Strongly agree with this, but you'll have to tell that to Codemasters as they've always gone with their current approach, even as far back as F1 2010. How they decide which pair of AI teammates to make strong and which to make weak is generally completely random to the point of being nonsensical - Verstappen isn't great in my eyes, but it makes no sense for him to be a below average driver in this game or in 2018, and the same goes for Ricciardo. Hamilton, too, absolutely deserves at least a 0.98, if not joint max stats along with Vettel, but he's quite a bit slower and even slower than Leclerc, Raikkonen, Perez and Weber, which is just as ludicrous. It's almost like they take how easy or difficult to drive a car is (which is... purely subjective for the most part) and base the driver stats off of that, but inexplicably they do it the other way around as the Red Bull and Merc are far easier to drive than the Ferrari, yet Vettel has max stats and Leclerc is also one of the best drivers in the game, both of them having higher stats than Hamilton and Bottas and way higher than Verstappen, Gasly and Albon.

The old games had a hidden mechanic where if a driver performed above or below expectations in a season, their stats would change the following season (this applies to the cars too). In my old F1 2013 run, for instance, Alonso in S1 inexplicably had a very long run of failing to get out of Q1 and then finishing outside the points or even crashing, culminating in Massa, of all the people, outscoring him by over 50 points. Because Massa also finished 2nd in the championship, a single point ahead of Hamilton, and contributed to Ferrari beating Mercedes by 1 point, Ferrari wound up with the best car in S2 while Mercedes dropped a fair way back and Lotus dropped to tier 2, with the last tier 1 slot being taken by Sauber whom I joined for S2.

To put it mildly, Massa scored more than twice as many points as Alonso in S2 and put his car on the front row every single race, only ever being beaten by Vettel and myself. This sort of dynamic system is something that the new games would greatly benefit from, and I don't understand why it's not present here as it would fix many of the problems with the inconsistent driver stats.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I don't actually know how the driver stats look, is that how it works? Fastest being 1.00 and then it goes down from there?

It definitely looks that way. Like they're balancing the teams first and then the drivers whereas it should be the other way around. (Especially bad way to do it when they get teams wrong in the first place). The only example I've seen them get it right is Alonso's AI in 2018. He has the best AI as far as I remember but they made sure the McLaren was slow enough so his results were realistic. They should be doing that with all the drivers. It just seems like common sense when they're adding a feature that let's drivers change teams. All they had to do was put Vettel and Ricciardo in the same team as a test, do a few races and they would see they need to increase Ricciardo's stats (and then Hulk to balance him against Ricciardo) and then make sure the Renault is at a level where the upgraded AI drivers are finishing in realistic positions at the start of career.

Did that happen in 2013? All I remember from 13/14 was that it looked like they stopped teams changing tiers so results were always the same. Are you thinking of 2012? I remember Alonso used to challenge for wins while Massa was nowhere in season 1 and then come season 2, they were about even when Ferrari dropped down a tier.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

I've always liked the idea of sliders for individual drivers.

F1-06 on the PS3 had an option where you could set the AI to different difficulties when racing.

For example I play on 95, but my teammate Ricciardo is generally too slow. But Weber/Butler/Norris/Perez/Magnussen are perfect so it is very competitive in the midfield:

This would allow me to:

- Slide Ricciardo up to say 98+ to give me a teammate that can get out of Q1/Q2 and race solidly in the top10 with the guys above.

- Move Hamilton/Verstappen/Vettel/Leclerc to 100+ to keep the top cars well ahead as they should be.

- Leave everyone else on the 95.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 6:58 PM, Lescadres said:

What is the problem with the Safety Car ? I'm part of an online league and we saw the SC about 4 times since the beginning of the season, after 9 races. The SC behaviour is perfect and nobody noticed anything wrong.

I'm on PC without assists, except for the T-CAM. 

In League Racing on the PS4 , regardless of the Race Settings or Assists used, it very rarely comes out.

I would guess in our 3 x Leagues , about once every 10 Races.

Bear in mind we have multiple Dangerous DNF`s per Race , with the SC nowhere to be seen.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jannyg said:

I've always liked the idea of sliders for individual drivers.

F1-06 on the PS3 had an option where you could set the AI to different difficulties when racing.

For example I play on 95, but my teammate Ricciardo is generally too slow. But Weber/Butler/Norris/Perez/Magnussen are perfect so it is very competitive in the midfield:

This would allow me to:

- Slide Ricciardo up to say 98+ to give me a teammate that can get out of Q1/Q2 and race solidly in the top10 with the guys above.

- Move Hamilton/Verstappen/Vettel/Leclerc to 100+ to keep the top cars well ahead as they should be.

- Leave everyone else on the 95.

This was half done for online lobbies back in 2015 as well. You could set each individual AI driver's difficulty. At the time it was when they still used Normal/Expert/Master/Legend but it shows they could definitely do that. Would give us the opportunity to change performance levels in a sense without having to mod the game too so it would work on consoles. Would give us the option of changing them between seasons if we fancied changing it up a bit.

This is a great idea. Don't need mods, works on all formats and gives Codies a little less to worry about in getting performance correct. I would definitely support this.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, bastek2504 said:

Ok thx for the info. The only problem I think we have is, that when ghosting is turned off, the cars of people who diconnect also don't ghost and this is really annoying in league races because nobody likes the AI (blocking crashing etc) . Could we get a third option where only cars of bots are ghosting?

!!!

Edited by iosis