Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.15 – Discussion Thread


RedDevilKT

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

or in my case on, on,on as I don't have a problem with them and I kind of like the idea of ma bit of a mixed up grid so I'll be leaving driver transfers on. They made a good decision of giving us the option given some are happy with it while others weren't so this suits both sides. I've not had any in my career yet but the possibility it can happen and mix the grid up is good for me and how I want to experience the game.

Cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

Cool.

Yeah I liked the i9dea of driver transfer sand it was one of the main reasons why I bought the game I can see why the amount of them can seem a little crazy but the only solution I think was to do what they've done at leas tin the short term and give those that don't want it an off switch and those that are happy can leave it on. I'm one of the ones who were happy with it. Is it perfect? no but I don' t think it's an easy fix as it means rejigging the whole contract system for the player as well as the AI. As I suspect the driver transfer system works through that based on what I've seen. Fo rth system to work right is more a 2020 job than can be done in a patch the on/off switch is likely the best thing they can do in a patch which is what they've given us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Yeah I liked the i9dea of driver transfer sand it was one of the main reasons why I bought the game I can see why the amount of them can seem a little crazy but the only solution I think was to do what they've done at leas tin the short term and give those that don't want it an off switch and those that are happy can leave it on. I'm one of the ones who were happy with it. Is it perfect? no but I don' t think it's an easy fix as it means rejigging the whole contract system for the player as well as the AI. As I suspect the driver transfer system works through that based on what I've seen. Fo rth system to work right is more a 2020 job than can be done in a patch the on/off switch is likely the best thing they can do in a patch which is what they've given us.

That's why I think these things should always be an option.

I remember how Grand Prix 2 in the 90's had an option for random mechanical problems for the player. While Codemasters won't do it because "not everyone likes that" 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, IvanoZ023 said:

I retired my T150 and bought a t300 which is noticeably better. But I have a problem with  force feedback  which is sometimes strong and mostly light (ps4) With other games I don't have these problems.

 

I've read on the technical section with the t300 you can reset your camera settings to default and the ffb comes back as normal on all modes. Hope this helps

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will try this over the weekend, 

tbh I did try game after patch 1.15 but forgot to default camera and ffb felt worse,

now they want us to buy a USB stick and send it by record delivery or spend hours posting videos,

all they had to do was revert back to say patch 1,04 and ask community if that was better instead of wasting there own time and ours,

saying that they completely turned around dirt rally 2.0 which on a wheel feel amazing,

dare I say better than dirt rally 1.0 ,

but I will go back to default camera and hopefully it fixers ffb,

another issue is why pad vs wheel are so much faster, the pad that it,

we know on and from day one release that pad vs wheel was equal but some where in the patch system it changed and favoured pads ,

lastly I am sure this game came out early and we were told that we would have monthly car performance updates to reflect the real f1,

hopefully codemasters can fix these issues, all the best,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paulski2610 said:

That's why I think these things should always be an option.

I remember how Grand Prix 2 in the 90's had an option for random mechanical problems for the player. While Codemasters won't do it because "not everyone likes that" 🙄

These sort of thing's I hoped would be in the game for 2011. Yeah it's annoying for the casual's but for people who want a bit more realism it would encourage people to save the engine plus the gearbox instead of driving in second gear only. Full power down a long straight with no consequences.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now, Xbox players must be furious; the patch still isn't out.

It's been 48 hours since the PC patch and nearly 48 hours since the PS4 patch. I understand it takes time, but I never saw it take this long. 

I wanted to reference the tweets on Twitter, but I won't, in case of any controversy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally I can start a career with Ric in Renault (though he still needs upgrading, maybe bring sliders for AI in offline modes, everyone can do their own thing, increase/decrease, realistically or fantasy) and he won't move teams the first contract event that pops up 😂 This is what its all about Codies! Options! Options for every type of player! Please please keep this up! I'm very happy to see so much effort in this latest patch, the AI are more human at the starts (for a guy who doesn't torpedo the starts its great), it feels much more balanced and pure, they can kick up a bit of smoke too. If it was purposeful I've seen more position changes in starting than the regimented previous way, adds more realism and looks good.

And especially thank you for bringing back the choosing your team mate option!!! For me I play not to be a real F1 driver but to race in my favourite teams with my favourite drivers so to have the starting option really brings that personal touch in career mode which I love! 😍

Also noticed the tear/lag on PS4 Pro is less again, still there but minimal, I assume you know what is causing it as it was very bad on release, fixed then came back now its minimal again as patches come along. Can we know what it is? #jennyannem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

Right now, Xbox players must be furious; the patch still isn't out.

It's been 48 hours since the PC patch and nearly 48 hours since the PS4 patch. I understand it takes time, but I never saw it take this long. 

I wanted to reference the tweets on Twitter, but I won't, in case of any controversy.

Some patches before, the Xbox patch release was a whole week after the other 2 platforms. Even better, If I remember correctly one of the patches (a minor one) was comletely skipped on Xbox. So it's not uncommon at all. I just wonder why they can't roll out the update at the same time on all 3 platforms, like they do for Dirt Rally 2.0 every month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2019 at 10:23 AM, Smokedcheese999 said:

@Faya

Turning the red dial clockwise on the Logitech G29 doesn't work for me after 1.09 (I had it mapped as increase engine mode). I'm on PS4 fyi.

I completed the standard diagnostics:

  1. Turn the system off/on, unplug wheel etc - still not working
  2. Tested 3x 2019 cars and 1x classic car at 4 different circuits - not working for all combinations
  3. re-mapped a different command to red dial - no success when turning clockwise.
  4. re-mapped increase engine mode to a different button - worked with the two buttons I tested "X" and "dpad right"
  5. Tried F1 2018 - red dial works (also mapped as increase engine mode).
  6. Tried Project Cars2 - red dial works

I see from other threads that a couple of wheels have received tweaks, maybe those changes have adversely affected the G29 (and possibly other wheels). I'd be interested to hear if any other G29/G290 users have the same issue.

Quote from patch 1.09 thread. Still not fixed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, Liaveil said:

Although you make valid points, the AI drivers should be balanced based on if they become teammates and in the same car.

Strongly agree with this, but you'll have to tell that to Codemasters as they've always gone with their current approach, even as far back as F1 2010. How they decide which pair of AI teammates to make strong and which to make weak is generally completely random to the point of being nonsensical - Verstappen isn't great in my eyes, but it makes no sense for him to be a below average driver in this game or in 2018, and the same goes for Ricciardo. Hamilton, too, absolutely deserves at least a 0.98, if not joint max stats along with Vettel, but he's quite a bit slower and even slower than Leclerc, Raikkonen, Perez and Weber, which is just as ludicrous. It's almost like they take how easy or difficult to drive a car is (which is... purely subjective for the most part) and base the driver stats off of that, but inexplicably they do it the other way around as the Red Bull and Merc are far easier to drive than the Ferrari, yet Vettel has max stats and Leclerc is also one of the best drivers in the game, both of them having higher stats than Hamilton and Bottas and way higher than Verstappen, Gasly and Albon.

The old games had a hidden mechanic where if a driver performed above or below expectations in a season, their stats would change the following season (this applies to the cars too). In my old F1 2013 run, for instance, Alonso in S1 inexplicably had a very long run of failing to get out of Q1 and then finishing outside the points or even crashing, culminating in Massa, of all the people, outscoring him by over 50 points. Because Massa also finished 2nd in the championship, a single point ahead of Hamilton, and contributed to Ferrari beating Mercedes by 1 point, Ferrari wound up with the best car in S2 while Mercedes dropped a fair way back and Lotus dropped to tier 2, with the last tier 1 slot being taken by Sauber whom I joined for S2.

To put it mildly, Massa scored more than twice as many points as Alonso in S2 and put his car on the front row every single race, only ever being beaten by Vettel and myself. This sort of dynamic system is something that the new games would greatly benefit from, and I don't understand why it's not present here as it would fix many of the problems with the inconsistent driver stats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't actually know how the driver stats look, is that how it works? Fastest being 1.00 and then it goes down from there?

It definitely looks that way. Like they're balancing the teams first and then the drivers whereas it should be the other way around. (Especially bad way to do it when they get teams wrong in the first place). The only example I've seen them get it right is Alonso's AI in 2018. He has the best AI as far as I remember but they made sure the McLaren was slow enough so his results were realistic. They should be doing that with all the drivers. It just seems like common sense when they're adding a feature that let's drivers change teams. All they had to do was put Vettel and Ricciardo in the same team as a test, do a few races and they would see they need to increase Ricciardo's stats (and then Hulk to balance him against Ricciardo) and then make sure the Renault is at a level where the upgraded AI drivers are finishing in realistic positions at the start of career.

 

Did that happen in 2013? All I remember from 13/14 was that it looked like they stopped teams changing tiers so results were always the same. Are you thinking of 2012? I remember Alonso used to challenge for wins while Massa was nowhere in season 1 and then come season 2, they were about even when Ferrari dropped down a tier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always liked the idea of sliders for individual drivers.

F1-06 on the PS3 had an option where you could set the AI to different difficulties when racing.

For example I play on 95, but my teammate Ricciardo is generally too slow. But Weber/Butler/Norris/Perez/Magnussen are perfect so it is very competitive in the midfield:

This would allow me to:

- Slide Ricciardo up to say 98+ to give me a teammate that can get out of Q1/Q2 and race solidly in the top10 with the guys above.

- Move Hamilton/Verstappen/Vettel/Leclerc to 100+ to keep the top cars well ahead as they should be.

- Leave everyone else on the 95.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2019 at 6:58 PM, Lescadres said:

What is the problem with the Safety Car ? I'm part of an online league and we saw the SC about 4 times since the beginning of the season, after 9 races. The SC behaviour is perfect and nobody noticed anything wrong.

I'm on PC without assists, except for the T-CAM. 

In League Racing on the PS4 , regardless of the Race Settings or Assists used, it very rarely comes out.

I would guess in our 3 x Leagues , about once every 10 Races.

 

Bear in mind we have multiple Dangerous DNF`s per Race , with the SC nowhere to be seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jannyg said:

I've always liked the idea of sliders for individual drivers.

F1-06 on the PS3 had an option where you could set the AI to different difficulties when racing.

For example I play on 95, but my teammate Ricciardo is generally too slow. But Weber/Butler/Norris/Perez/Magnussen are perfect so it is very competitive in the midfield:

This would allow me to:

- Slide Ricciardo up to say 98+ to give me a teammate that can get out of Q1/Q2 and race solidly in the top10 with the guys above.

- Move Hamilton/Verstappen/Vettel/Leclerc to 100+ to keep the top cars well ahead as they should be.

- Leave everyone else on the 95.

 

This was half done for online lobbies back in 2015 as well. You could set each individual AI driver's difficulty. At the time it was when they still used Normal/Expert/Master/Legend but it shows they could definitely do that. Would give us the opportunity to change performance levels in a sense without having to mod the game too so it would work on consoles. Would give us the option of changing them between seasons if we fancied changing it up a bit.

This is a great idea. Don't need mods, works on all formats and gives Codies a little less to worry about in getting performance correct. I would definitely support this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, bastek2504 said:

Ok thx for the info. The only problem I think we have is, that when ghosting is turned off, the cars of people who diconnect also don't ghost and this is really annoying in league races because nobody likes the AI (blocking crashing etc) . Could we get a third option where only cars of bots are ghosting?

!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, bastek2504 said:

Ok thx for the info. The only problem I think we have is, that when ghosting is turned off, the cars of people who diconnect also don't ghost and this is really annoying in league races because nobody likes the AI (blocking crashing etc) . Could we get a third option where only cars of bots are ghosting?

Was there an answer for this question? The disconnect player AI cars should ghost but cars being lapped should not. That's what we need for league racing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2019 at 3:13 PM, bastek2504 said:

Ok thx for the info. The only problem I think we have is, that when ghosting is turned off, the cars of people who diconnect also don't ghost and this is really annoying in league races because nobody likes the AI (blocking crashing etc) . Could we get a third option where only cars of bots are ghosting?

Absolutely agree with this.  We have the same problem for the league I run and I was horrified when I saw this added in the patch notes.  There needs to be separate options for the two very different situations.  I hate the idea of ghosting lapped cars but like you having non-ghosting AI controlled cars can cause havoc!

 Codies please changed this and allow us to disable or enable the ghosting options individually. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, Lescadres said:

What is the problem with the Safety Car ? I'm part of an online league and we saw the SC about 4 times since the beginning of the season, after 9 races. The SC behaviour is perfect and nobody noticed anything wrong.

I'm on PC without assists, except for the T-CAM. 

In the online league I run the SC rarely comes out.  There have been multiple incidents that should have seen it appear but nothing came out.  One of the few times it appeared not one of us had a clue why lol.

It just needs a slight tweak to bring it out a touch more often. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2019 at 12:49, jennyannem said:

Só para atualizar que agora isso também está disponível no PS4.

@jennyannem

boa tarde Você poderia encaminhar o pedido de bandeiras vermelhas e azuis no jogo? bandeiras vermelhas em acidentes graves e bandeiras azuis na classificação e corrida com nossos números nos painéis de led como exemplo abaixo

 

blue flag.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, Hammerpgh62 said:

Absolutely agree with this.  We have the same problem for the league I run and I was horrified when I saw this added in the patch notes.  There needs to be separate options for the two very different situations.  I hate the idea of ghosting lapped cars but like you having non-ghosting AI controlled cars can cause havoc!

 Codies please changed this and allow us to disable or enable the ghosting options individually. 

Couldn’t agree more with you , it’s going to cause havoc.. needs the on/off option as do many other things.   Like mandatory Cockpit view. Give us the options, manually driving in the pits, more control option on wheels with more than 6 buttons would be wonderful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2019 at 10:04 PM, Hammerpgh62 said:

In the online league I run the SC rarely comes out.  There have been multiple incidents that should have seen it appear but nothing came out.  One of the few times it appeared not one of us had a clue why lol.

It just needs a slight tweak to bring it out a touch more often. 

Agree on that. Our league is driving 100% races for 9 years now and the SC is as bad as ever before. It’s completely a mess if the SC comes out randomly because in some races it really changes the race outcome, while on other races where it would be necessary it doesn’t come out. In one crash in Monaco the car was standing not in the way and SC was coming out, in six other accidents where cars where completely on the track in the way it didn’t came out. That’s just annoying and the only way to avoid that is to turn the SC off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2019 at 1:21 PM, Involved In It said:

I had no idea this was in the game until now...

A long-forgotten fad.

F1® 2019.png

Yeah, but you have to pay for the long-forgotten fad! LOL!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Yeah, but you have to pay for the long-forgotten fad! LOL!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Granted. In the same way you had to actually pay for one of those fads in stores if you wanted one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, RedDevilKT said:

@bastek2504 @MrCosta96 The lapped cars ghosting option is directly tied into the existing ghosting option. If the ghosting option is enabled for the league or lobby then lapped cars will ghost, likewise if this is disabled, cars will not ghost at all including lapped cars. Hope that helps!

@RedDevilKT

The problem is that if we disable ghosting in lobbies, the races will be a disaster because of VSC and SC not showing.

Check here (34 minutes and 30 seconds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twpctFDwwEo&feature=youtu.be&t=34m30s

Here (45 minutes and 8 seconds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoqscrFHto&feature=youtu.be&t=45m8s

And here (46 minutes and 33 seconds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoqscrFHto&feature=youtu.be&t=46m33s (wow, 3 crashes in same straight and just a VSC?)

No ghosting in races needs to have a simulation SC in races too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...