DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.15 – Off-topic Discussion Thread

Hi all,

All of the posts not related to patch 1.15 will be moved to this thread to help keep the discussion thread on topic and easier for the team to track any issues related to this patch. Feel free to use this thread as an area to talk about items not related to the patch. Thanks.

• Like 1

Still no ability to change weather in leagues! Seriously are we ever going to get features that even the 2018 game had. Are we ever going to get an online championship mode that comes even close to last years? But hey they spent all that time making Halloween items for an F1 game......

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 5

Still simulation bug, since F1 2016 can you somehow improve it in later career modes plese? It is simulated by melbourne first season performances throught all career

Please, just tell us, the Safety Car DOES NOT work. I haven't seen an SC in online racing. Just tell us if it's not working as you want to or it is.

• Agree 2

Safety car?? Though I must admit I’m pleasantly surprised by what’s been done on the whole. 🙌🏻 But Safety Car?... Did I mention the safety car?? PLEASE FIX THE SAFETY CAR

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JanKondler said:

Still simulation bug, since F1 2016 can you somehow improve it in later career modes plese? It is simulated by melbourne first season performances throught all career

I think it's been said before that it isn't a bug - it's by design. They want you to race the sessions rather than simulate, so it simulates you as slower than if you were to drive.

Unless it's a different bug of course and I've got the wrong end of the stick.

• Disagree 1

No mention of the FFB ISSUE

NO Mention that when you are running low in gas the fuel indicator turn red 

A lot off big issue not addressed or is it fixed but not mentioned?

Still no tyre lap information before we choose our tyre for the race weekend or online league.

Edited by Hygradeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rob88henderson said:

I think it's been said before that it isn't a bug - it's by design. They want you to race the sessions rather than simulate, so it simulates you as slower than if you were to drive.

I think he meant the Q2-Q3 bug, where if you don't get into Q2 or Q3 in later seasons, all the remaining times are simulated using data from the Season 1 Australia data, and not the actual data in the "current" season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think codemasters deserve some credit for the fixes in this latest patch. Mostly for the driver transfer options and logic, which seem to have taken far too long to fix for what was a headline new feature.

The Halloween custom items are a bit of a joke when there is still so much fundamentally wrong that needs addressing - driver and team performance, saftey car and virtual saftey car, ffb, engine sounds, drs zones, to name a few that have been highlighted on the forum.

Any news on faya's old post vacancy yet? Whilst I feel for anyone brave enough to take it on, communication with the forum community is at an all time low and needs to be addressed.

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Mostly for the driver transfer options and logic, which seem to have taken far too long to fix for what was a headline new feature.

Even then, they had a very easy opportunity to extend the driver transfers to allow the 2019 F2 drivers to join as well, and they didn't. The fixes are still good, but they're pretty small and come very late in the game's life cycle.

11 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Any news on faya's old post vacancy yet?

With how much the A team is struggling with both F1 2019 and GRID, I'd be shocked if anyone wanted to fill that vacancy right now. DR2 is the only game that's doing well right now, and unsurprisingly we're getting plenty more communication there.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, rob88henderson said:

He is indeed referring to a completely different bug. In sessions that you don't take part in, like practice sessions that you skip by hitting the "go straight to quali" button, qualifying sessions beyond the one that you were knocked out in, or races that you choose to simulate rather than participate in, the simulated results use the car stats from Melbourne S1 rather than the current career car stats, as the other guy said.

Let's say you're in S4 or something. Ferrari are now the 8th best team, but they somehow still have Vettel driving for them because, for instance, regulation changes caught the team out before the driver transfer system could assign him to another team (like, say, Williams, who might be in the top 3 by this point and might have a high statted driver like Weber, Raikkonen or Perez driving for them). Let's also assume you're in a weak car too, like, say, a dead last Haas.
In Q1, Raikkonen goes fastest in his Williams, while Vettel barely scrapes into Q2 in 15th and you end up in 16th and are KO'd, so Q2 and Q3 are simulated. Given the aforementioned car stats, you would expect Vettel to still finish somewhere around 15th while Raikkonen could possibly even end up on pole. Instead, because he has max stats and the base Ferrari nerfs were not enough to offset the driver stat gap between him and Hamilton, you will probably see Vettel end up near the front while Raikkonen won't even be in the top 10.

The false bug you're referring to is indeed intentional design, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this bug. It just means the AI stat that the game assigns to you when you simulate a race is Kubica levels of poor.

Edited by Coffer
  • Like 2

@RedDevilKT 

Still no weather in leagues. And still no Xbox One keyboard button binding support even though the PS4 has it. But they had time to make Halloween items for an F1 game? talk about kicking Xbox paying customers in the mouth. I know many people that are boycotting the game because of the attitude to Xbox customers 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coffer said:

Even then, they had a very easy opportunity to extend the driver transfers to allow the 2019 F2 drivers to join as well, and they didn't. The fixes are still good, but they're pretty small and come very late in the game's life cycle.

With how much the A team is struggling with both F1 2019 and GRID, I'd be shocked if anyone wanted to fill that vacancy right now. DR2 is the only game that's doing well right now, and unsurprisingly we're getting plenty more communication there.

Ultimately I agree, it's a fix, but too little and way too late! I think codemasters deserve credit for listening but it certainly doesn't excuse the mess the headline new feature was at launch. F2 was a complete waste of valuable time that could have been much more wisely spent fixing legacy bugs and implementing new features that worked at launch. Especially given the rumoured 2 years development.

I don't have the 19 game and won't be purchasing this year not even second hand. Maybe I'll give it a chance again when the new generation of consoles is released and a new game engine for the F1 series is up and running. A shame because as an avid F1 fan and gamer I'd like to enjoy the game but it has become too frustrating to play! I hope things improve and the physics/car setup model become more simulation based. Having said that though I'm not convinced codemasters are up to the task. It is time the license went to another developer or there was a competitor to push quality and innovation.

I played Grid on the previous generation of consoles and was underwhelmed. Good ideas but poorly implemented with an arcade feel. No interest this time round!

I have dirt rally but after reading reviews decided to give dirt rally 2 a miss. Do you have it, is it worth purchasing in your opinion?

Edited by ChasteWand
typo
  • Like 1

@RedDevilKT

We need multiple Safety Car options in lobby, we need at least Disabled | Moderated | Simulation

And of course make it that Simulation option works pretty well.

Thanks

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChasteWand said:

I have dirt rally but after reading reviews decided to give dirt rally 2 a miss. Do you have it, is it worth purchasing in your opinion?

Very much worth it. Many of the more understandable bad reviews are there for one of 3 reasons:

• VR: largely fixed by now
  • Racenet: the always online functionality is undeniably awful, but these days there are only problems on Sundays when there are significant periods when RN is down
  • the paid DLC model: understandable for those who were misled into thinking the season pass would include all future content and not just the first 2 seasons, and understandable for non-British Europeans and those in Japan as the DLC prices are the worst for them, but otherwise the content is absolutely solid and you can pay just for the individual bits of content that you want, like locations and cars (you can, say, skip the RX stuff if you don't want it)

The game itself is a good step up on DR1. The tarmac feel is still bad, but other than that the handling model blows WRC 8's out of the water. The communication from the developers is much more serious than with GRID and F1 2019, mostly because the ones developing DR2 are part of the B team, aka Codemasters' only competent team. Ignore the complaints about rehashed content - the vast majority of it is redone from scratch and well worth the investment.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Coffer said:

Very much worth it. Many of the more understandable bad reviews are there for one of 3 reasons:

• VR: largely fixed by now
  • Racenet: the always online functionality is undeniably awful, but these days there are only problems on Sundays when there are significant periods when RN is down
  • the paid DLC model: understandable for those who were misled into thinking the season pass would include all future content and not just the first 2 seasons, and understandable for non-British Europeans and those in Japan as the DLC prices are the worst for them, but otherwise the content is absolutely solid and you can pay just for the individual bits of content that you want, like locations and cars (you can, say, skip the RX stuff if you don't want it)

The game itself is a good step up on DR1. The tarmac feel is still bad, but other than that the handling model blows WRC 8's out of the water. The communication from the developers is much more serious than with GRID and F1 2019, mostly because the ones developing DR2 are part of the B team, aka Codemasters' only competent team. Ignore the complaints about rehashed content - the vast majority of it is redone from scratch and well worth the investment.

Thanks for the reply Coffer.

I have xbox one x so VR is not an option for me. I also have a very poor internet connection as I live in the middle of nowhere, and despite the UK government promising decent internet in rural locations, it has still yet to materialise for many, so online gameplay is impossible. It can take 3-4 days to download a game!

I'm quite happy to purchase DLC if the base game meets expectations. I'll see if I can find a second hand copy on disc at the weekend. Time to go look at the DR2 forum me thinks...

• Agree 1

At least there are a couple decent tweaks. 

Put exterior cams in assists. That's such a fundamental thing in any semblance of a realistic racing game. Whoever decided to not have exterior cam in assists doesn't need to be involved in decision making.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

55 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

At least there are a couple decent tweaks. 

Put exterior cams in assists. That's such a fundamental thing in any semblance of a realistic racing game. Whoever decided to not have exterior cam in assists doesn't need to be involved in decision making.

You're my favorite scratched record regarding this issues bud! Maybe if we keep playing it over and over one day it will happen! Codies BTW if you have a scratched record replacing the stylus, cartridge or turntable itself won't fix the issue. You need to fix the disc itself! 

:classic_blink:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1