Driving without TC ABS Automatic

@Hoo

Why is it much faster than a driver without assistance such as traction control, anti-lock braking system and automatic transmission?

When will driving be rewarded without help?

Edited by LILLHELM
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LILLHELM said:

@Hoo

Why is it not much faster than a driver without assistance such as traction control, anti-lock braking system and automatic transmission?

When will driving be rewarded without help?

TOTD? (troll of the day) 

:classic_laugh:

EDIT : OP. actually meant the opposite... Blame Google translate 😁

Edited by sloppysmusic
New info!
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, LILLHELM said:

Driving without assistance must be faster then with!

That's right except in your OP you used a double negative. "why is it NOT much faster than a driver WITHOUT assistance = MUCH faster WITH assistance. So I thought you actually meant" why is driving  with assists (implied) not much faster than someone without assists?"

So yeh I agree with you.. Heck we ALL do just to clear that up! 

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

sorry this was google translate, my english is even worse than I drive

(better up now?)

Edited by LILLHELM
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

sorry this was google translate, my english is even worse than I drive

(better up now?)

Goggle translate = Monty pythons Hungarian phrase book sketch. Don't forgrt you gave me a thumbs down 👇😁

• Haha 1

lol They made assists overpowered since they cater to arcade players and don't give a rip about no-assist sim players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

lol They made assists overpowered since they cater to arcade players and don't give a rip about no-assist sim players. 

Yup absolutely zero incentive to learn better driving skills when racing against others we just have to do it solo to get that warm sense of achievement inside that about 1% of gamers bother with these days. I remember when I got my first ps3 back in 2007 I took 3 weeks off work (!!) just to learn the tracks in the F1 game back then before I even started careers. Full length races no assists etc full damage... I started loving it by the 3rd week but you have to put the work in to get there. Never gonna happen again in today's tiny attention span age! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Codemasters drivers with assists are too fast and need to be slowed down!
It's just unfair as it is now!

No assists drivers need to be rewarded!

When does that change?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yup absolutely zero incentive to learn better driving skills when racing against others we just have to do it solo to get that warm sense of achievement inside that about 1% of gamers bother with these days. I remember when I got my first ps3 back in 2007 I took 3 weeks off work (!!) just to learn the tracks in the F1 game back then before I even started careers. Full length races no assists etc full damage... I started loving it by the 3rd week but you have to put the work in to get there. Never gonna happen again in today's tiny attention span age! 

It takes forever! That's another huge disadvantage for no assist players in Ranked.  Half (most?) use the race line and that is a big thing when the race could literally be any track. Learning all the tracks is one thing, but being able to be competitive at the drop of a hat against people that can rip it right off the bat with the race/brake line is absolute ****.lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, LILLHELM said:

Codemasters drivers with assists are too fast and need to be slowed down!
It's just unfair as it is now!

No assists drivers need to be rewarded!

When does that change?

Non assist drivers are alredy faster

No need for changes

Edited by massa88
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Hoo

Request for statement:

why is ABS too over-adjusted?

without ABS would have to be much faster.

Will that be readjusted?

• Agree 1

On 10/27/2019 at 9:06 AM, LILLHELM said:

how big is the difference abs against no abs?

Since I quit ABS  it took me a month to drive as fast as before, but i can´t go further, its very hard to improve my lap time without any asist, i just drive the same lap times but more concentrated...

The assist should help, but not as much as they do now, ABS and TC should be less efficient to force fast people to play with no assists.

Edited by pedrosdt
  • Agree 3

Is there not an option to only race in non-assisted lobbies? It kind of makes sense to me that anyone racing with assists would be faster because they are being assisted :classic_blink:. I don't race public lobbies so have no real idea about how they work but would have though you could select no assist only.

It's one of the reasons I race in organised events only.

I only drive in organized leagues.
But assists are allowed and ABS is an advantage.
Likewise pad users have more grip.

• Like 1

Assists are cheats plain and simple. They are banned in real life. I got no problem with them being in the game to help people learn but call assist lobbies training lobbies and don't give ranking points ever for using them . It's an absolute joke to call it F1, get all cars and rules the same as real life but then allow blatant cheating to gain ranking points. Ranking should MEAN something not just be another stupid trophy hunt with cheats web sites telling you how easy it is to get points. Allow leagues and lobbies to lock them out if they wish as well as enforce cockpit cam of course. 

I might get flamed for this post lol but SOMEONE had to say it! 

:classic_angry::classic_biggrin:

• Agree 4

I wouldn't call it cheating as such. Some people genuinely can't play the game without having them on. If people are seriously using them just to move up the rankings then they are just cheating themselves. There should be a filter though, that is just plain sense and any ranking points should be reduced with assist use. Is that not the case already?

1 minute ago, Hammerpgh62 said:

I wouldn't call it cheating as such. Some people genuinely can't play the game without having them on. If people are seriously using them just to move up the rankings then they are just cheating themselves. There should be a filter though, that is just plain sense and any ranking points should be reduced with assist use. Is that not the case already?

No you can use any assist you want in ranking which of course makes the very term 'ranking' a joke as it's quite obviously ranking NOTHING. All you need to do is gas hard, brake hard and follow that line that tells you where to steer so you don't need to practice the track even once. Ranking my ***! 

• Agree 2

Look at the leaderboards and you'll notice that the fastest times are the ones without assists. As you get faster, assists slow you down rather than make you faster. 

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Assists are cheats plain and simple. They are banned in real life. I got no problem with them being in the game to help people learn but call assist lobbies training lobbies and don't give ranking points ever for using them . It's an absolute joke to call it F1, get all cars and rules the same as real life but then allow blatant cheating to gain ranking points. Ranking should MEAN something not just be another stupid trophy hunt with cheats web sites telling you how easy it is to get points. Allow leagues and lobbies to lock them out if they wish as well as enforce cockpit cam of course. 

I might get flamed for this post lol but SOMEONE had to say it! 

:classic_angry::classic_biggrin:

Bingo.  

If people want to use assists, no problem. It shouldn't be allowed in Ranked.  Doesn't matter if it is brake line, ABS, not using cockpit, etc..it all gives a large advantage against those who are relying on skill. It may not make a huge difference in a 5 lap race, but above that it's an exponential advantage.

Frankly I'm surprised they havent made automatic even faster. That would be their MO.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hammerpgh62 said:

It is the case, but who knows how much bonus you get.

Regardless of points, no way assist racers should be mixed in with no assist users. 

And in Ranked, it could be literally any track. Right off the bat, race line/brake line used have an unbelievable advantage.  

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

It is the case, but who knows how much bonus you get.

Regardless of points, no way assist racers should be mixed in with no assist users. 

And in Ranked, it could be literally any track. Right off the bat, race line/brake line used have an unbelievable advantage.  

I think they're doing that now and this could explain why multiplayer lobbies are getting smaller and smaller for players like us. 

2 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Look at the leaderboards and you'll notice that the fastest times are the ones without assists. As you get faster, assists slow you down rather than make you faster. 

yes, but you have to be almost professional