Patch 1.1 Notes

2 hours ago, GavinMac said:

They are part of grid since the beginning, if you don't like them, don't use them, disable them in multiplayer or find another game.  Maybe a flashbacked lap should not count in rankings but otherwise, get over it!

Exactly, part of the game since the beginning and a choice, but since they are being used to achieve lap times on leaderboards this is an issue, combined with a bug that gives you a faster lap time.

This game is a beta in its current state, what were the developers thinking making flashback laps count as times on leaderboards.... just goes to show how much this game was rushed and how unfinished it is with no testing whatsoever....

Typical gaming model...release it unfinished and update and update and update..... pathetic when you cant even get the basics on release....

Update to fix the flashback - but the leaderboards will still be made up of times that are 'unofficial' because of the flashbug….. and those times will never be beaten because its impossible without flashbug...

Leaderboards need reset but that wont happen.... broken game. 

Get over it!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Thats just a bug that can be fixed.

not really, unless you reset all the leaderboards.... 

don't see that happening..

broke asf

Should never have been released in this state.... 

Of course fixing it and deleting all the cheated times from the leaderboards...

27 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

somewhere on this forum @ChrisGrovesMCM commented that changing leaderboards will be difficult... that my friend doesn't back up your theory.👍

so the question is how long will it take and can it actually be done.... 

For RaceRoom Racing the leaderboards get cleaned every time the car physics gets updated or when theres a bug. And they got deleted a couple times over the last years. Separate for every car class/track or even car model if needed.

Fixing the bug and cleaning the leaderboards is what i expect from Codemasters too. We paid for that game @ChrisGrovesMCM

Edited by Ak1504

16 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Hey - could you head into Technical Assistance and create a thread outlining this issue, along with a couple of example of this occurring on the leaderboards please? Thanks 🙂 

I've seen instances of incorrect/unachievable times being recorded, but not reaching the leaderboard thanks to our systems that aim to prevent this. But if it's still occurring and we have examples, we can look into it further 🙂

• Like 1

Quick update: current target date/time for the Version 1.1 to be deployed is tomorrow morning, UK time (BST). As always, not set in stone and subject to change, but that's the current target. Will obviously keep you posted 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey - could you head into Technical Assistance and create a thread outlining this issue, along with a couple of example of this occurring on the leaderboards please? Thanks 🙂 

I've seen instances of incorrect/unachievable times being recorded, but not reaching the leaderboard thanks to our systems that aim to prevent this. But if it's still occurring and we have examples, we can look into it further 🙂

Found out there was already a thread about this and you already responded that the team is on it 😄

And i think now its just about deleting the "cheated" times from the leaderboard since the "rewind altering laptime bug" should be fixed with Patch 1.1

Edited by Ak1504

On 10/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Just spoken with the team, couple of things to cover here: 

- I'm working on nailing down a cause of times like the above being recorded, such as use of Flashback or certain sectors not triggering correctly

- For global leaderboards, we have a system in place that aims to remove times that are unattainable/unrealistic, which we've seen working successfully

More news when I have it 🙂

So everything should be fine in the near future 🙂

Edited by Ak1504

An other lack i just noticed is about there are not trading cards , emotions , backround screens  on Steam as in previous games.. Are gonna be added later?? (OK this is a minor detail compare to the rest thing are lacking)

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I can tell you the top time on the Xbox for Muscle San Francisco GP is definitely off.  It's not the normal glitch I see where the time reads something ridiculous like 0.00.394 but is placed 4th on the leaderboard behind other realistic times. At 1:52.433, it is a full 13 seconds faster than the 2nd fastest time.  The guy in second is one of the fastest guys on the Xbox using the fastest car in the class.  There might be faster drivers, but not 13 seconds without something wrong (innocent glitch or cheating) going on.

edit:  You might also want to check the Xbox Group 1 GT Brands Hatch GP Leaderboard.  Rank 603-607 have times of 00.00.079.  Obviously a glitch and they are most likely in the correct spot.  I'd say the top 2 times on that board are suspect, but not necessarily bad.  The guy in 3rd sets some ridiculous times (in the Viper of all things), but there is probably room for better times than his.  But 6 and 9 seconds faster from the top two times when no one else is close to that time is doubtful.

Edited by Kaylos29
Another find on glitch

wow ..while I appreciate that alot of hard work goes into doing these patches , you seemed to have completely ignored what the community wants. Im out , votiing with my wallet next time , same old Codies. 👎

Edited by Madmaz116
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

wow ..while I appreciate that alot of hard work goes into doing these patches , you seemed to have completely ignored what the community wants. Im out , votiing with my wallet next time , same old Codies. 👎

One step at a time please. They cannot just release a 40 Gigabyte update that would neutralize every bug in the game, so you might have to be patient. Not everything can be solved at a snap of a finger. This is not how code works, and there is too much of a misconception here.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CordedQuill42 said:

One step at a time please. They cannot just release a 40 Gigabyte update that would neutralize every bug in the game, so you might have to be patient. Not everything can be solved at a snap of a finger. This is not how code works, and there is too much of a misconception here.

Okay, but how in the first place they were thinking they could release the game as it is?! There for sure is too much of a misconception here...

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

gamers of the past used to play demo before spend money.

After a very good game demo was easy spend money and be sure about the game. Nowdays happen the contrary, many people buy and maybe start refund when possible.

I think the best message for a company ears are the money talking. I'm on forum since 2009 (yes 2009, with the old forum black and Yellow for those who remember) and I'm asking (me and Others) for text chat and spectator mode from lobby since grid2 development. Codies never listen us, no text chat for grid2, autosport and now for the total multiplayer fiasco grid2019. After 10years of asking the same stuff and watching how cm everytime do less insteam to catch old standars… do you think there are chances to write here on forum and see something more than a patch with a list of fixes ? Here there is a long list of feature missing… no patch can cover that…. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Boyan said:

Okay, but how in the first place they were thinking they could release the game as it is?! There for sure is too much of a misconception here...

I am not the guy you should be venting your frustration at. Blame the senior staff at Codemasters, for they set that timeline. This is an area in which Chris had no authority. Yes, maybe he could give them some advice, but in the end, they would had to review it, which takes time.

5 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

if a game need so much means is not ready for public. u nailed the point

• Agree 1

Project management 101... if you are given a deadline that cannot be moved then the scope has to be cut back, not the fault of the coders.  People tend to blame those hard workers at the bottom!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GavinMac said:

Project management 101... if you are given a deadline that cannot be moved then the scope has to be cut back, not the fault of the coders.  People tend to blame those hard workers at the bottom!

you can follow deadlines, the last word is Always on product quality… nobody fault… i think quality standars should have priority.

1 minute ago, FlashStealth said:

you can follow deadlines, the last word is Always on product quality… nobody fault… i think quality standars should have priority.

Totally, which is why i said before that heads should roll in senior management, Codemasters is one of the greats, when they put out a game that does not meet expectations then it affects the Codemasters brand, bean counters should not dictate release dates, if its not ready then it shouldn't be released or go onto early access like dirt!

• Agree 3

57 minutes ago, django|UKMD said:

pre-order GRID 2020 anyone?

I wonder how from here on they would sell a GRID game without releasing a demo first...

• Agree 1

It has been said by many that Autosport was the apology tour after Grid2, it was only a year after!

• Agree 2