Patch 1.1 Notes

6 hours ago, watzcoc said:

No FFB fix, put game away until it is patched.

+1

I’m just really not digging the FFB. Too bad, game has promise but this is a deal-breaker for me, sadly.

12 hours ago, watzcoc said:

No FFB fix, put game away until it is patched.

Hey there - we're looking at lots of different topics and reports regarding force feedback and look to make further improvements where possible. We can't assess or reproduce anything you're experiencing unless you give us the information required - if you haven't already, check out the pinned thread in Technical Assistance, and send us over some handy feedback on what you're experiencing, so we can take a look 🙂

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, GavinMac said:

Totally, which is why i said before that heads should roll in senior management, Codemasters is one of the greats, when they put out a game that does not meet expectations then it affects the Codemasters brand, bean counters should not dictate release dates, if its not ready then it shouldn't be released or go onto early access like dirt!

Heads should be rolling all across the company, frankly. The only ones who are doing a good job are the guys in charge of DR2. This isn't a small company, yet the amount of communication, content and fixes that are put out for both their freshly released game and their flagship series (F1) is more akin to what you'd see from an indie game dev.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:20 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all 🙂

Following the first 'hotfix' earlier this week, the first full patch for GRID is now being finalised for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Included in the changes coming in this patch are a number of community-reported topics that the GRID have prioritised and acted on, to further improve your experience with the game. 

Version 1.1 is expected to roll out from the beginning of next week (W.C 28/10/2019) - keep on eye on the GRID social channels and the Forums, where we'll let you know when this process begins. In the meantime, we've compiled the patch notes for 1.1, which you can check out below. 

This patch consists of visual improvements and some fixes, including:

General

• Resolved multiple general text issues
  • Fixed issue of screen cutting to black after selecting a vehicle from the relevant screen
  • Volume of in-race commentary is now reduced at the startline 
  • Fixed several public PC crashes
  • PC: cursors will now disappear when using a controller or wheel 
  • Fixed the 'softlock' state during the auto-save screen if players switch profile during Free Play 

Multiplayer

• Quick Match: all players can now experience terminal damage in races 
  • Fixed issue in multiplayer for human players starting slower than AI drivers in Time Attack
  • Private Match: fixed issue for informing a player that they are the new lobby host 
  • Fixed issue stopping more than 6 players being able to get into a Quick Match session
  • Fixed issue where players can become desynced from each other
  • Resolved issue of crashes when players quit out of Spectate after re-joining a session
  • Fixed issues causing crashes when finishing a Multiplayer event 

Gameplay

• Fixed issue of race not starting if rolling start is enabled and the player has entered into a Hot Lap Qualifying session before hand 
  • Fixed the 'out of world' issue on the Okutama Sprint routes
  • Flashback: cars will no longer veer left or right immediately after using a Flashback following a collision
  • Fixed flickering during gameplay with ultra-settings and 4K display 
  • Fixed Flashback issue altering a player's fastest lap time
  • Fixed Accolades issue where you could only complete certain Milestones in a single race 

Could they solve the issue of feedback on stering wheels? Thank you

Game crashes whenever I enter a race.  There's a sound glitch and then I'm back to desktop.

image.png.32cd2211c02fb541fb7e5e62194ca114.png

200 average people on PC and counting down...

Still no private/public lobbies, the feature most demanded on the game, and no elimination of AI, the second one and the most important ones to keep the health of your game.

Both of the features that are quite simple to make, but once again nope, you choose to ignore people....

You totally deserve what would happen with this game, you played with the feelings of the people who trust this was going to be a remember of good old memories of original grid, because is what you sold on your media advices, playing with the fact that FA was giving you advices to create your game, which brought a lot of people to your game, because of the quantity of people this guy moves around the world, and the most important thing, even doing a not finished game, with the oportunity to fix it, because you guys have a ton of luck with the patience of your community, you didnt listen to the people who gave you the money and trust in you, so totally deserved your defeat on this game.

I was a huge fan of old CM games, but you lost all my interest for the future on your future games. Congrats CM. You killed a true fan which start playing your games since the beginning of your games since 90´s ( and Im pretty sure I am not going to be the only one)

One minute of silence for a game you already killed before launch...

In my job, people gets fired instantly for much less than you guys did here...dont know how you guys still keep your jobs, it´s a joke...

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, SanGanchaoo said:

200 average people on PC and counting down...

Still no private/public lobbies, the feature most demanded on the game, and no elimination of AI, the second one and the most important ones to keep the health of your game.

Both of the features that are quite simple to make, but once again nope, you choose to ignore people....

You totally deserve what would happen with this game, you played with the feelings of the people who trust this was going to be a remember of good old memories of original grid, because is what you sold on your media advices, playing with the fact that FA was giving you advices to create your game, which brought a lot of people to your game, because of the quantity of people this guy moves around the world, and the most important thing, even doing a not finished game, with the oportunity to fix it, because you guys have a ton of luck with the patience of your community, you didnt listen to the people who gave you the money and trust in you, so totally deserved your defeat on this game.

I was a huge fan of old CM games, but you lost all my interest for the future on your future games. Congrats CM. You killed a true fan which start playing your games since the beginning of your games since 90´s ( and Im pretty sure I am not going to be the only one)

One minute of silence for a game you already killed before launch...

In my job, people gets fired instantly for much less than you guys did here...dont know how you guys still keep your jobs, it´s a joke...

1. They did not day this was going to be a Remaster of the original grid

2. They are working on the features. It is not so easy to make without bugs.

3. Do you think they are ignoring people, because they have responded in mostly all threads that they are working on it.

• Disagree 3

20 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

3. Do you think they are ignoring people, because they have responded in mostly all threads that they are working on it.

Because of people like you, companies like EA, make their fortunes, and in this case, because of people like you, getting cheated, and deffending the guys who cheated you, instead of be exigent about a product that you pay for and its not finished, this game is going to die...

1. I didnt say it was going to be a remaster, but they sell this was going to be like old grids.

2. Disable AI and put a line where private lobbies can be public, its so freaking easy, we already host the public lobbies, the only thing is, the game generate a random session with some presets already written, but there arent any dedicated servers to host games, thats why when somebody host the public lobbie with **** conex all the timetables and start lights gets desync. If you dont know anything about coding games, please, dont insult the rest with your lack of knowledge.

3. They totally ignore 95% of the people, who demand in one of their msgs NO AI, and custom public lobbies, there are like 100 threads about the same created, so again, stop deffending blindfold, you are not making a favour to anyone.

Are you friend of somebody at CM? Simple curiosity....

Edited by SanGanchaoo
  • Agree 5

Looks like painting of cars now works correctly. Have to repaint almost every car because the color has shifted to a much lighter tone.

Edited by Sir.Smoke

17 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Looks like painting of cars now works correctly. Have to repaint almost every car because the color has shifted to a much lighter tone.

Yep its fixed. Not mentioned but fixed. Finally i can paint my cars like i wanted to 🙂

52 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

you make me laugh , why the hell should I have to wait for "fixes or features" that should have been there in the first place. People have paid hard earned money for what most of us were led to believe was a game that was going to be in the same vein as the original gird. Well its nothing like it , and if you cant see that then all the more fool you.

Edited by Madmaz116
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Hey all - just confirming that Version 1.1 of GRID is now deploying on all platforms 🙂

Xbox players - we're aware that there's an issue causing you to be unable to access the game after downloading the patch. We're looking right into the root cause of this, and working on a solution to get all Xbox players back into the game. Thanks 🙂

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, SanGanchaoo said:

3. They totally ignore 95% of the people, who demand in one of their msgs NO AI, and custom public lobbies, there are like 100 threads about the same created, so again, stop deffending blindfold, you are not making a favour to anyone. 

Hello - can I ask who is the "they" you're speaking of in this? It's me, a human being, that's responding to you. Feel free to @ me into anything you'd like a response to 🙂

On the above, I've discussed both of the topics you mention here (removing AI from multiplayer, adding custom public lobbies) and said I've brought them to the team and they're being discussed. Any kind of feature addition or change like this is not a simple 'switch flick' and there are so many factors involved in if it can or can't be done. Nevertheless, I still bring these topics forward for discussion 🙂

The game isn't going anywhere and it can only be improved, the potential is there, just has to be implemented. Custom public lobbies is the most important topic. It is sorely needed.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SanGanchaoo said:

Because of people like you, companies like EA, make their fortunes, and in this case, because of people like you, getting cheated, and defending the guys who cheated you, instead of be exigent about a product that you pay for and its not finished, this game is going to die...

1. I didn't say it was going to be a remaster, but they sell this was going to be like old grids.

2. Disable AI and put a line where private lobbies can be public, its so freaking easy, we already host the public lobbies, the only thing is, the game generate a random session with some presets already written, but there aren't any dedicated servers to host games, thats why when somebody host the public lobbies with **** connection all the timetables and start lights gets de-sync. If you don't know anything about coding games, please, don't insult the rest with your lack of knowledge.

3. They totally ignore 95% of the people, who demand in one of their msgs NO AI, and custom public lobbies, there are like 100 threads about the same created, so again, stop defending blindfold, you are not making a favor to anyone.

Are you friend of somebody at CM? Simple curiosity....

I am not a Codemasters Employee. If I was, I would've had a blue thing replacing "members" with "Codemasters"

You are basically insulting me from what I see on your post. I was not cheated on by Codemasters, I have a right to my OWN opinion. Saying I do not have knowledge so back off is another insult (and almost looks like a threat which I am now taking very seriously), and makes everyone who thinks this game is objectively bad (They have their points) look like trolls.

Why did you get the game BEFORE checking reviews on it on YouTube and MetaCritc (User Reviews). Even if you didn't get the game, that doesn't give you the right to bash the game Aggressively.

Read the most recent post made by Chris to answer #2 and #3. #1 was NOT a promise.

• Disagree 2

37 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - can I ask who is the "they" you're speaking of in this? It's me, a human being, that's responding to you. Feel free to @ me into anything you'd like a response to 🙂

On the above, I've discussed both of the topics you mention here (removing AI from multiplayer, adding custom public lobbies) and said I've brought them to the team and they're being discussed. Any kind of feature addition or change like this is not a simple 'switch flick' and there are so many factors involved in if it can or can't be done. Nevertheless, I still bring these topics forward for discussion 🙂

This sounds like more a no than yes, basically the same answer you said to text chat/spectator mode thread.

I look forward for next GRID episode, and i hope someone in charge make right choices. 

On 10/22/2019 at 2:19 PM, FlashStealth said:

For future.

The next grid episode (grid 5) should be developed based with community, with a official list of accepted suggestion posted and updated on forum. And maybe a wide beta testing with early access on steam. This should be a big project, maybe call it Project GRID (i know remind pcars who care), and should be at least 2years of development. No shortcut, must be the best in every aspect.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I think he means those that make the decisions on what goes into a game and what doesnt ie the Devs or the suits.. even I can work that one out :classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Im talking about CM in general, obviously you are the face in front of us, but people responsible of this mess are the coders and programmers, or the resposible person who decided what is priority number one in the game, not you, I already told you that in the previous short conversation we had in another post (I completely understand you, It´s your job and you can´t enter in controversial conversations that can be bad for your company, so dont get me wrong (Again), I completely understand your side, and again, Im not blaming you about what is happening to the game because maybe you have passed all the information to the team and the team decided to ignore the users demands, I would love to know who the hell is resposible for this, but obviously, this is something only internals on CM and yourself know, which is completely understandable for me, but that doesnt make it acceptable for me as user, because I felt cheated and I think I am totally on my right to be like that if the product doesnt give me the expectations you generate on myself, even more if i come from a mimnimum amount of quality from your previous games that I am expecting to have AT LEAST on this new one.)

Removing AI from multiplayer its pretty simple Chris, cmon...I understand you have to deffend your team, but cmon...maybe the fact that AI has to be there is because by contract FA sign a contract where has to be in every multiplayer game? Then you could limit AI to only him, 2-5AI? and not have the hole damn grid with AI´s who destroy the multiplayer experience?Maybe its a question of numbers that without AI dont reach the minimum in MP? I really dont know, we can speculate for days, and probably nonoe of them are the truth, but I would love to know what is the reason, but technically is totally possible to have it now, we are in 2019, not in 1989, and even then, it was difficult to implement AI, no to take it out, so dont insult my intelligence with that please.

Another functionality that is totally possible to have already implemented and dont take too much time, that should be already implemented in this patch, If you put championships of 3 races, why the hell all the rounds are random. I mean, every single previous game of codemasters has first round random, and then inverted grid according to race results. I cant believe you guys (devs, whoever is responsible for that) didnt realize that and how you didnt already changed it. Im sorry, but the level of this thing...how its possible to have such incompetency (you guys created the 3 rounds championships, nobody ask for it,, what the hell....how is possible nobody realize that and what is the hell common sense in making championships if there is no logic on starting grids and the guy leading on 1st round can start at the front the next 2 rounds? Im sorry but that is so dumb...)

And custom lobbies are already done in the game, we can do private lobbies and customize them, you just have to add the option to make them publics (As I said previously, we are already hosting the quick match games (publics) because there are not dedicated servers, thats why when somebody with bad conection is hosting the quick match lobbies is giving tons of troubles in terms of sync, lag,  etc... so the funcionality is in there and the code is written, I dont see why is so problematic to add a line that let host make the privates to publics. Another probe of my point is that even the game, when dont find a game, makes you the host, and if you enter in another session with for example 2 guys, and they leave, the game told you, now you are the host and can customize the room. Obviously you guys (devs, whoever...) change the permissions to dont let us change or customize even when the messages shows up, its just a question of changing permissions on the code, nothing really difficult. So I cant agree with you, again...understand its your job and you have to say its difficult bla bla bla, but hell no Chris...

The problem is that with this 3 things as priority number one from day one, the game would still have people playing and keeping the health of the game raising. But whoever is the guy with power to decide that, decided that this is not a priority, and now we are facing the fact that the game doesnt reach even 250 people in the whole world in PC and is dying, and wont get back those people that already lost faith on you guys (CM as company). 

I understand you have to deffend your company, but again, in my job, when we as team receive claims, or complaints, somebody is responsible of that, and if my team dont solve the problem people get more anger, if I still dont solve the problem, Im totally out of my job, because the consumers are the ones maintaining your games (CM).

I can discuss with you whatever you want, the problem is you cant have a conversation with me as user, because your position only let you to answer me what is confortable for your company. But whenever you want to talk with a real fan of CM who probably played 90% of your whole games history, since the beginning of the company, Im here.

Even I will say more, I spent this weekend 3 hours playing pretty much every CM game for the xbox360, and obviously played the original grid, I know you can feel insulted by that, but maybe the team has to play 10-15 minutes to the original grid to see how carefully that game is made, what details and what originality it has in each of the menus and how to present each game's functionality, and we are talking about a game with 11 years, there is no excuse to justify the lack of content, care and originality on this new game, even more when your community is shouting to you about it. 

This game should have AT LEAST the content and functionality that original grid has (Excluding the quantity of tracks, cars etc...that you guys ares obviously saving for dlcs, but nobody complain about it, as users we already know how this works)

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Edited by SanGanchaoo
  • Thanks 4

59 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I am not a Codemasters Employee. If I was, I would've had a blue thing replacing "members" with "Codemasters"

You are basically insulting me from what I see on your post. I was not cheated on by Codemasters, I have a right to my OWN opinion. Saying I do not have knowledge so back off is another insult (and almost looks like a threat which I am now taking very seriously), and makes everyone who thinks this game is objectively bad (They have their points) look like trolls.

Why did you get the game BEFORE checking reviews on it on YouTube and MetaCritc (User Reviews). Even if you didn't get the game, that doesn't give you the right to bash the game Aggressively.

Read the most recent post made by Chris to answer #2 and #3. #1 was NOT a promise.

Final question to you

¿Do you own GRID 2019?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SanGanchaoo said:

Fair play, thank you for getting your thoughts across and I like the passion you have for Codemasters and GRID 🙂

As I've said before, it's literally counter-productive to not take the feedback of players on board - it makes no sense at all - so please never feel like that's the case. Whether what you're suggesting or asking for can be implemented is always up to all manner of different factors. One thing I can say with certainty is that myself and the whole team are constantly striving to give players the best experience possible, however we can. Conversations are constantly ongoing about how we can take your feedback and turn it into a positive step for GRID - which we've seen in the recent hotfix and patch, and will continue to do. 

I know my answers won't always be what you want to hear, but I'm sure you totally get that. I'll keep trying to be as open and clear with all players as possible. 

I also just ask that yourself (and anyone on the Forums) doesn't let their passion for the game/franchise/company spill over into arguments and disrespectful language to other users. Nothing gets better that way. I want passionate players and detailed feedback, but not the fallouts and arguments that come with it 🙂 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I also just ask that yourself (and anyone on the Forums) doesn't let their passion for the game/franchise/company spill over into arguments and disrespectful language to other users. Nothing gets better that way. I want passionate players and detailed feedback, but not the fallouts and arguments that come with it 🙂 

I get this , i do really , but you have to understand how players feel , somtimes people say what they think BECAUSE THEY CARE, and at the end of the day they want to play the game they thought they were getting , or would at least expect to get given the previous history of Grid games, especially the first one when you name the current game after it. CM didnt deliver,  in mine and many other people opinion. Sorry if that hurts, but thats the harsh reality of this game right now,

• Agree 2