DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×

Patch 1.1 Notes

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - just confirming that Version 1.1 of GRID is now deploying on all platforms 🙂

Xbox players - we're aware that there's an issue causing you to be unable to access the game after downloading the patch. We're looking right into the root cause of this, and working on a solution to get all Xbox players back into the game. Thanks 🙂

On PS4 I have Patch 1.05, is Patch 1.1 expected to come later?

Just now, lukas87 said:

On PS4 I have Patch 1.05, is Patch 1.1 expected to come later?

Other platforms may give the patch a different number/name for the patch, but if was available to download from today, that's the patch we're referencing in this thread 🙂

Just now, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Other platforms may give the patch a different number/name for the patch, but if was available to download from today, that's the patch we're referencing in this thread 🙂

Ok, thank you for the quick reply! 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Fair play, thank you for getting your thoughts across and I like the passion you have for Codemasters and GRID 🙂

As I've said before, it's literally counter-productive to not take the feedback of players on board - it makes no sense at all - so please never feel like that's the case. Whether what you're suggesting or asking for can be implemented is always up to all manner of different factors. One thing I can say with certainty is that myself and the whole team are constantly striving to give players the best experience possible, however we can. Conversations are constantly ongoing about how we can take your feedback and turn it into a positive step for GRID - which we've seen in the recent hotfix and patch, and will continue to do. 

I know my answers won't always be what you want to hear, but I'm sure you totally get that. I'll keep trying to be as open and clear with all players as possible. 

I also just ask that yourself (and anyone on the Forums) doesn't let their passion for the game/franchise/company spill over into arguments and disrespectful language to other users. Nothing gets better that way. I want passionate players and detailed feedback, but not the fallouts and arguments that come with it 🙂 

I Always said you are a good politician.

• Agree 1

Hi all,  Just wanted to say that yes I would love to see public lobbies available,but despite that, I am having a whale of a time on multiplayer over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes the ai **** me off, but there again so do some real players.

Well done codemasters,  I'm loving this game, on and offline.

• Disagree 3

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - just confirming that Version 1.1 of GRID is now deploying on all platforms 🙂

Xbox players - we're aware that there's an issue causing you to be unable to access the game after downloading the patch. We're looking right into the root cause of this, and working on a solution to get all Xbox players back into the game. Thanks 🙂

Is there any update on when this might be resolved? Is this affecting anybody else?

Bought the game brand new yesterday (Disc version)

My Xbox One copy of the game was working just fine until the update. Now I just get the main Grid Art/Loading page for a few seconds before being sent back to the Xbox home.

I have tried uninstalled and then reinstalled the game and get exactly the same result. 

1 minute ago, Wilks111 said:

Is there any update on when this might be resolved? Is this affecting anybody else?

My Xbox One copy of the game was working just fine until the update. Now I just get the main Grid Art/Loading page for a few seconds before being sent back to the Xbox home.

I have tried uninstalled and then reinstalled the game and get exactly the same result. 

Get it back to the shop ASAP.  The game is broken.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Wilks111 said:

- No update yet, but as soon as is there is one I'll be passing the message on. We're working with first parties to find a solution ASAP. 

- Reaching the GRID art/loading page then being forced to exit is what we're seeing from other Xbox players, too, so your experience is the same as others.

Looks like I'm pulling the night shift tonight... 😅

Idem sur ma xbox ,scandaleux,

une mise à jour et le jeu ne fonctionne plus...

il était déjà trop cher pour le contenu.

Grid est une grosse blague hélas

Edited by eddynoel

have you lowered the credits earned in Free Race?

Before I got ~10.000Cr each race, now ~100Cr.

Playing online, there is no time counter at the end of races any more, and it switches faster aswell.

I came back to GRID after some time and after the first patch and I must say that I am very surprised. Now the game looks much better and works greater than has ever worked. I don't know how it can be possible. You should teach 'DiRT' team how to make good optimalization. But one thing makes me wonder. Probably I had already talked about that but I will mention it once again. Why is my Ford Mustang Mach 1 always scratched? There is no even option for 'Car wash' like it is in 'Racedriver GRID'. Just when you paint this car on black, it has got white scratches on bodywork. Could you fix that? Thanks.20191029181357_1.thumb.jpg.4d4ff4f924c194ebb4bb2de45f239582.jpg 

By the way, I made screenshot today. Here is what I mean. Look.

Please get rid of flashbacks from multiplayer quick match. Or adjust them to be like reset on track, when your speed after using flashback will be 0mph(kph). It's very annoying when players who are crashing/messing using this to be on track in a blink of eye with full racing speed. Seriously I missing old original Grid days were there was no flashbacks in multiplayer.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, inkub69kuba said:

Please get rid of flashbacks from multiplayer quick match. Or adjust them to be like reset on track, when your speed after using flashback will be 0mph(kph). It's very annoying when players who are crashing/messing using this to be on track in a blink of eye with full racing speed. Seriously I missing old original Grid days were there was no flashbacks in multiplayer.

Too many snowflakes are involved in the making of games these days. When a snowflake makes a game, they cater it towards all the other snowflakes as they think people wont buy it.  They dont see flashbacks as a negative, instead its a positive about the game.  If you suck its ok, have a flashback. You dont need to do the entire lap again. Or if you're racing online you dont need to worry about messing up as a magical flashback will float you on to the track like a wonderful snowflake.  Dont let practise and skill make you good at the game, just take people out and hit flashback.  I wonder if the DEVs of this game have ever actually played RD Grid.   

Codemasters do not have the balls/bottle to remove flashbacks from online and put full damage all the time throughout the game. Noobs will not buy a game like that, Noobs are the target market at least thats their thinking.   

It is really really sad for gaming in general.  

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I also just ask that yourself (and anyone on the Forums) doesn't let their passion for the game/franchise/company spill over into arguments and disrespectful language to other users. Nothing gets better that way. I want passionate players and detailed feedback, but not the fallouts and arguments that come with it 🙂 

I promise I will try to be more moderate next time, you know, latins are so passionate, but IMO sometimes you have to smash the table to get a reaction. 

Sadly I didnt get any conversation with you about the topics I want to talk, but its ok, I understand the position you are and the difficulties to deal with it in a public forum.

I normally pass my time playing Iracing and dont need this type of games (I mean more arcade games), but I have some friends that are more casual, not having wheel, and this game was a good opportunity for us to have again some time together racing in videogames with gamepad and having fun remembering that good old times playing original grid, or something similar at least. like we did in the past with good games on xbox360 like grid, dirt, f1, forza, burnout, blur, etc...Thats why I put so much interest on trying to improve the game, but Im not going to lose my head, and keep smashing myself with this game.

If CM, or whoever is responsible to take the decision in CM dont want to...then obviously welcome back iracing...

Only hope my brick will be useful for you guys in the future, to take care of your real fan users, that are here only with the intention to help, not asking for anything else, than been listened. (And IMO the person responsible for making the game's decisions is not valuing enough these people, which is a serious problem, more for you (Codemasters) than for us, as users, because at the end, we have plenty of games to choose and we will finish in the one we will feel more comfortable and we feel we´ve been listened.)

You dont know how lucky you are to have the community you have, with the patience your community have...

5 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

I Always said you are a good politician.

He really is a good diplomatic, and avoided all the controversial topics in my hole brick, I agree with you.

Edited by SanGanchaoo
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Fekwitensen said:

Has this patch been pulled?

better say that the patch pulled the game from xbox one… soon a new patch to patch this one lol

3 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

better say that the patch pulled the game from xbox one… soon a new patch to patch this one lol

From what I've read it aint limited to the xbox. PC and PS4 are having problems as well. No GRID for me 'til they come out with the patch for the patch or they remove the patch that needs a patch. Confused? So am I.

• Haha 1

Came here just to say THANK YOU CODEMASTER for bricking the game on xbox one x. Have the ultimate edition and the game doesn't start anymore, so well... thank you

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

- No update yet, but as soon as is there is one I'll be passing the message on. We're working with first parties to find a solution ASAP. 

- Reaching the GRID art/loading page then being forced to exit is what we're seeing from other Xbox players, too, so your experience is the same as others.

Looks like I'm pulling the night shift tonight... 😅

Youre damn right you better pull an all nighter!! You wouldnt have these problems if you guys did it right the first time. You call yourselves professionals? Pitiful 

8 hours ago, WRCMotoville said:

After the update the game no longer load on Xbox one

Yep, we've been tracking and communicating on this and are trying to get Xbox players back into GRID ASAP. Updates will be posted here: 

Well done codemaster.

Playing on vanilla ps4, and the new graphics is amazing.

No more blur, and the rear view mirror is now fluid.

Making a good game, even better. Cant wait to see what you bring next

Edited by Grimstreaker999
  • Like 1