Patch 1.1 Notes

Hey all ūüôā

Following the first 'hotfix' earlier this week, the first full patch for GRID is now being finalised for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Included in the changes coming in this patch are a number of community-reported topics that the GRID have prioritised and acted on, to further improve your experience with the game. 

Version 1.1 is expected to roll out from the beginning of next week (W.C 28/10/2019) - keep on eye on the GRID social channels and the Forums, where we'll let you know when this process begins. In the meantime, we've compiled the patch notes for 1.1, which you can check out below. 

This patch consists of visual improvements and some fixes, including:

General

• Resolved multiple general text issues
  • Fixed issue of screen cutting to black after selecting a vehicle from the relevant screen
  • Volume of in-race commentary is now reduced at the startline¬†
  • Fixed several public PC crashes
  • PC: cursors will now disappear when using a controller or wheel¬†
  • Fixed the 'softlock' state during the auto-save screen if players switch profile during Free Play¬†

Multiplayer

• Quick Match: all players can now experience terminal damage in races¬†
  • Fixed issue in multiplayer for human players starting slower than AI drivers in Time Attack
  • Private Match: fixed issue for informing a player that they are the new lobby host¬†
  • Fixed issue stopping more than 6 players being able to get into a Quick Match session
  • Fixed issue where players can become desynced from each other
  • Resolved issue of crashes when players quit out of Spectate after re-joining a session
  • Fixed issues causing crashes when finishing a Multiplayer event¬†

Gameplay

• Fixed issue of race not starting if rolling start is enabled and the player has entered into a Hot Lap Qualifying session before hand¬†
  • Fixed the 'out of world' issue on the Okutama Sprint routes
  • Flashback: cars will no longer veer left or right immediately after using a Flashback following a collision
  • Fixed flickering during gameplay with ultra-settings and 4K display¬†
  • Fixed Flashback issue altering a player's fastest lap time
  • Fixed Accolades issue where you could only complete certain Milestones in a single race¬†
  • Like 1

I appreciate that your team have worked hard to bring the patch out but I was hoping the AI would be removed from quickmatch completely.

I do hope AI are removed asap and that the MP experience is vastly improved.  Something similar to the MP on Autosport would tempt me to pick the game back up again.

Edited by XoxFlukeXox
  • Agree 3

It's a start so thanks, so much to do to fix multiplayer that its unrealistic for us to expect more in a week.  Wonder if that figure of 8 track is fixed so we can race it in multiplayer and not have to alt-f4.

Ummm... ok, probably not what we were expecting, but it is a start. Hope the visual improvements make for it.

Thanks for this, guys. But please keep working on the game!

• Agree 2

Besides previous posters who have good points - patch is promising, but I want to add something from me:

1. Please let player to use flashback when its car got terminal damage in singleplayer - it is the area when flashbacks also should do their job, like in first RD:GRID.

2. Make terminal damage easier to obtain - it's really hard to crash yourself, so it doesn't add spiciness to rivalry, especially mp.

3. Public lobbies ;)

• Agree 4

Thanks to all the team but..... public lobbies needed urgent

Edited by Furbo81
  • Agree 4

Fixed flashback altering a players fastest lap. So some of the leaderboard times that are in the top 10 have been accomplished using the flashback glitch. But there's no mention of leaderboard reset. 

Unless you reset the leaderboards this glitch fix does nothing and may as well have been left untouched...

Not to mention that the whole idea of using a flashback to get the best lap time is BS, lap times should only be recorded when no flashbacks are used for leaderboard positions.....

That's it for me, another dead game. Adios:classic_ninja:

• Agree 1

Getting more players into multiplayer races is great, but I think the community has been loud an clear they don't want the AI in the races.  I've also noticed the AI being more aggressive and a lot more rubberbanding to players in multiplayer than in single player.  Rubbing is racing, but AI demolishing you in a corner dive bombing you when not even a rival while the AI in front of you brakes way too early can really ruin the multiplayer when you are trying to race other players more than the AI. 

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, GridShinobi said:

Fixed flashback altering a players fastest lap. So some of the leaderboard times that are in the top 10 have been accomplished using the flashback glitch. But there's no mention of leaderboard reset. 

Unless you reset the leaderboards this glitch fix does nothing and may as well have been left untouched...

Not to mention that the whole idea of using a flashback to get the best lap time is BS, lap times should only be recorded when no flashbacks are used for leaderboard positions.....

That's it for me, another dead game. Adios:classic_ninja:

I've found flashback to almost always reduce my time.  But it is messed up that the flashback lap can count.  I've found flashback laps I used to learn a track near the top of the leaderboard and found myself having to clock in multiple laps clean to beat a time.  Flashback should automatically disqualify a lap from counting to the leaderboard.

It's a start, but looking forward to seeing some important changes that we've been requesting.

• Agree 6

You know, I'm actually OK with bots to complete the grid if not enough players join. The issue is that in this game, there were usually 3 or 4 players and then 12 bots, which on top of that, used to drive insanely fast and agresively.

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled also uses bots to complete the grid. But in that game there are 8 players max, so there's rarely more than 2 bots active in any room. Although sometimes I just raced another player and 6 bots... but in that game, the bots aren't competitive at all, and are just there to fill the spots. The race is between the actual players, and this is what Grid shall do as well imo...

BTW, CTRNF is another racer that runs at 30 fps on old hardware (base PS4/X1) but still looks pretty damn gorgeous. 

Edited by Leocp
  • Agree 1

So what's the point of having bots filling the spots then, Leo? If you're not racing them anyway... 

Remove the flashbacks from the game. they are worser then nitro in NFS, so stupid

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Flowa23 said:

So what's the point of having bots filling the spots then, Leo? If you're not racing them anyway... 

Not so much, really. Maybe having a more packed start of the race, and just... you know, make you feel that a big race is taking part, and not just 3 or 4 cars. But yeah, from a gameplay perspective, it does not change a whole lot. I think it just adds the thrill to see more cars on the track.

As I said, this would not be an issue if rooms would just fill 1 or 2 empty slots with bots. But in this game, you just race bots in hard difficulty along with 2 or 3 other random people.

I don't know, that's what I think. Still if the popular consensus is that bots should be taken off, at he very least CM should make them optional in the matchmaking. 

• Agree 1

Has the state of the graphics on base consoles even been considered in any of the hot fixes/patches. I haven't turned it on since playing it for the first time it's awful. If this isn't going to be fixed it's a disgrace. I'm not buying this small in house company bull. It's a complete con. 

Edited by MartyLow

image.png.b5f19af4f294cc19325125b87476bbb9.png

ChrisGrovesMCM when i saw this photo on Steam i thought you look very similar to that guy on left.. :classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, GavinMac said:

you don't have to use them!

but others do to take advantage of the time glitch to get faster leaderboard times.... 

so maybe you shouldn't comment, you obviously haven't thought this through.

• Disagree 2

They are part of grid since the beginning, if you don't like them, don't use them, disable them in multiplayer or find another game.  Maybe a flashbacked lap should not count in rankings but otherwise, get over it!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GridShinobi said:

but others do to take advantage of the time glitch to get faster leaderboard times....

Thats just a bug that can be fixed.

Edited by Ak1504
  • Disagree 1