Sign in to follow this  

The DiRT Roadbook – October 25, 2019

New cars, a high-selling auction and a spooky challenge, it’s time for The DiRT Roadbook!

Peugeot 206 Rally & Volkswagen Golf Kitcar – Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

There’s only one place to start this week and that’s with the latest cars! On Tuesday we released the Peugeot 206 Rally and Volkswagen Golf Kitcar into the world of DiRT Rally 2.0, and both are a real joy to drive. I’ve already seen people mimicking Gilles Panizzi’s famous “I’m leading by so much I can donut this turn for fun” moment, chasing World Records and more. We’ve been at it ourselves too, as the videos above show.

Both cars are available as individual DLC items now, but if you want the full experience you can also get them through DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3 which is available here.

1 Real-Life Lancia Delta S4 Rally – Yours for £764,375

If you’ve been playing a lot of DiRT Rally 2.0 you might have driven the Lancia Delta S4 a fair bit, as it’s one of the standout cars in the Group B 4Wd car class. A real-life S4 made the news this week as a headline act at RM Sotheby’s auction in London. The asking price, over £700,000.

A prized piece of rallying history, the Lancia Delta S4 caught a lot of attention, with the winning bid ending up at over £750,000. You won’t have to pay anywhere near that however to experience the sheer force of power that it is, as it’s available in the base-game of DiRT Rally 2.0.

Not driven it yet? Our current DiRT World Champion’s been taming Argentina as you can see above, which dovetails nicely into…

DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifiers – Round 2

DR2_BMW_M2_Competition_3b.jpg

There’s just one set of Qualifiers left in Round 2 of the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series. If you haven’t set a time yet you’ve got a few days to do so, and everybody that does will get a BMW M2 Competition for use in My Team. As usual, all the info’s in the links below:

October 22-28:

• Rally: Australia – Mount Kaye Pass – Group B 4WD
  • Rallycross: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain – RX1600

Information:

DiRT Rally 2.0 Version 1.10 – Coming October 29

DR2_Location_DirtFish-14.jpg

Right after the World Series Qualifier ends we are expecting to drop the Version 1.10 update to DiRT Rally 2.0. In this update are new Achievements, Steam VR optimisations, community-requested car fixes, Broadcast Mode updates and more; hit up the link below for the notes.

One thing to point out is that we are going to reset the Leaderboards for Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi as the update rolls out. This is due to new Track Reset lines being implemented; if you’re looking to take on the Leaderboards for that Location we suggest you wait until after the update has been completed.

Survive the Night in our Fiendish Halloween Club Challenge!

October 31st is a spooky day as the world celebrates Halloween, and we’ve got something especially frightening lined up for you all. For one day only, our official Clubs will be hosting an event that strikes fear into even the most battle-hardened rally driver.

How does 12 consecutive Stages at Night sound? What’s more, how does it sound with no Service Areas to repair your car in?

Head to our official Clubs below, if you dare!

That’s it from me, see you all next week!

PJ

sebbtab_Steam.jpg

View the full article