Sign in to follow this  

Discipline Focus // Touring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4a4-PtJVk

The moment you've all been waiting for! An indepth look at GRID Autosport's Touring Car mode.

You'll find loads more info over on the blog so go check it out, any questions or comments pop them below.

Can't wait to hear what you think :)

I am a very happy guy! Finally I see my most beloved manufacture return to GRID AS : Peugeot 408 Brazilian TCC.

Asume this is the one @justbiglee?

Day 1 purchase for me!

There are things in the game I am dissapointed with but when you can boast that range of touring/saloon cars with BTCC/WTCC, Aussie V8 Supercars and V8 Utes, classic mini race cars (my dream car) Ford Sierra Cossie (my other dream car), and give players the opportunity to drive them on tracks like Jarama, Sepang, Hockenheim and Brands Hatch (my fave track) its hard not to get excited about this game.

Really really hope the endurance discipline line up is as strong as this is.

Couple of questions though.

Is Brands Indy layout in the game as well as the full GP track?

And is there any real race teams. So Crabbies Racing/Pirtek Honda/Team Dynamics from BTCC? Any official teams from V8 Supercars and others as well?

Definitely happy to see V8s and UTEs in the game.

I really hope we'll get the other 2013 V8s like Erebus E-Class, Nissan Ultima and Volvo S60 in DLCs to expand the class.

My only problem is, the Cat B, Classic Touring, and Cat A class feels a bit barren in comparison to Cat A.

Looks good though.

I really hope we'll get the other 2013 V8s like Erebus E-Class, Nissan Ultima and Volvo S60 in DLCs to expand the class.

My only problem is, the Cat B, Classic Touring, and Cat A class feels a bit barren in comparison to Cat A.

Looks good though.
To be fair I think I'm right in saying the touring car class in the original Grid only had two cars and it never got boring.

Looks good though.
APR193 said:

Looks good though.
To be fair I think I'm right in saying the touring car class in the original Grid only had two cars and it never got boring.
True, not a bad thing. It just part of me wishes for more cars per class. I am definitely happy with the car selections.

Also, @justbiglee, one question though, for Cat C which have 4 models, does the game's AI knows how to use all 4 cars, ie: all 4 models appears in the same race? Or it just picks 2 out of 4 cars, then you race with them? The trailer looked like the AI only uses 2 cars which is the Ford Focus and Honda Civic while Cruze and BMW arent seemed to be in the race.

Looks good though.
APR193 said:

Looks good though.
True, not a bad thing. It just part of me wishes for more cars per class. I am definitely happy with the car selections.

Also, @justbiglee, one question though, for Cat C which have 4 models, does the game's AI knows how to use all 4 cars, ie: all 4 models appears in the same race? Or it just picks 2 out of 4 cars, then you race with them? The trailer looked like the AI only uses 2 cars which is the Ford Focus and Honda Civic while Cruze and BMW arent seemed to be in the race.
It's just the way the trailer was recorded but in answer to your question you will see all the cars from that category on the track in the same race and if you get the right offers from the right teams you'll be able to drive them too :)

lol amazing touring cars list justbiglee....  =D>
i can't wait to see first pics and videos of the classic Mini Cooper Miglia..8->
I love also Sierra 1989 and peugeot brand  :-bd

i can't wait to see first pics and videos of the classic Mini Cooper Miglia..8->

Thnx for pming me on steam Miatiakas for this nice news, and yeah great cars in it
=D>

Racing the Mini is sooooo much fun! They are great around Brands Hatch

Yeah Peugeot. Now we would need only some Renault, like the old Laguna in order to feel like old good Touring Car times.

Nice video.

Which tracks are available for Touring discipline?

Has anybody ever heard of the ADC Presteza-14?

Nice car list anyway, looking for this game.
=D>

Well this is certainly something to smile about....much more choice than GRID1 which did indeed only have 2 tourers to choose from [if you ignore the 8-ball stuff].

I wonder which [if any] will become the most popular class..i like the look of cat C with its 4 car  lineup.
But also like the  look of the classics.

all we need now is some online video of biglee Vs Loore Vs The-Wheel Vs devA Vs.....

Oscar97 said:

=D>
Yeah I'd like to know what on earth this is haha

I see that Brands Hatch is now one of the tracks in Grid Autosport. Brilliant as it is my local track as well as my favorite.

APR193 said:
Oscar97 said:

=D>
Yeah I'd like to know what on earth this is haha
Even Google has no clue.

cooldude7 said:
I see that Brands Hatch is now one of the tracks in Grid Autosport. Brilliant as it is my local track as well as my favorite.
yeah it's the closest race track to me as well

The closest race track to me is Zolder. BTW it would be nice in Autosport. :D

Ya got my interest now that I see there a mini copper. :)

Now Codies just need to announce there will be text chat and then I could buy GRID Autosport on release day.

Edit: OOPS, make that a mini cooper.

@joepineapples  LOL

Purple44 said:
Ya got my interest now that I see there a mini copper. :)

Now Codies just need to announce there will be text chat and then I could buy GRID Autosport on release day.

No copper's in this Purple.  What do you think it is, a Need For Speed game? ;)