Sign in to follow this  

Discipline Focus // Touring

Oscar97 said:
Has anybody ever heard of the ADC Presteza-14?

Nice car list anyway, looking for this game.
=D>
I think it's the unlicenced version of the Chevrolet within the Brazilian Stockcar Championship. The Peugeot is from that championship as well

@MiatakiasGR Hasn't Spa been confirmed yet? :D

@P308R That would be weird if there's at least one licensed Chevrolet and an unlicensed one. Can any dev tell us what it actually is? It would be easier.

Naw, it's gotta be a full race version of the 1970 Saab 96 V4.  Perfect competition for the Mini Cooper S.  They just need to fiddle with the classes a little more.

OK, I'm kidding.

Frank

Oscar97 said:

@P308R That would be weird if there's at least one licensed Chevrolet and an unlicensed one. Can any dev tell us what it actually is? It would be easier.
Was thé same in Grid2. Licensed Golf unlicensed shirocco if i remember well. Both Volkswagen. Yes, would be great if Codies could clear this one up.

Oscar97 said:

It's a fictional car designed to compete in Category A along with the Peugeot. It's not an 'unofficial version' of anything as far as I know, the Peugeot just needed a buddy to race with :)

Where's the 1080/60 HQ version we've come to expect? (you can tell Loore is away ;))
You just made my list Joe! :P

That is a good question though @Loore got whisked away pretty last minute on his trip so I'll chase it up and see if we have one.

I'll sort out the 1080p / 60fps footage at the weekend for you, sorry - currently in Atlanta airport waiting for a flight to start boarding! Glad you all like the Touring stuff, looking forward to racing you all online :) The classic mini is great BTW, one of my favourite cars to race in game.

Thanks @Oscar97 and @Britpoint‌ That Peugeot is back within touringcar class is a dream come through.

Britpoint said:
Oscar97 said:

It's a fictional car designed to compete in Category A along with the Peugeot. It's not an 'unofficial version' of anything as far as I know, the Peugeot just needed a buddy to race with :)
I can has a look at this car?

Oscar : its not confirmed yet.. :-<

Purple>:) :  i will  beat your purple Mini Cooper in track...I would like also to play with Mini Cooper in derby track...lol .Would be funny but its impossible i am afraid... :-S
Here you are man:

LoL Loore , Mini Cooper was the surpise you spoke me about previuous time...ahahahah ...I love this tiny car man , i would like to have such a car in real life...The old one i mean..I agree with Justbiglee Mini Cooper + Brands Hatch = Bloody fun!! \:D/ 

Oscar : its not confirmed yet.. :-<

Purple>:) :  i will  beat your purple Mini Cooper in track...I would like also to play with Mini Cooper in derby track...lol .Would be funny but its impossible i am afraid... :-S
Here you are man:

LoL Loore , Mini Cooper was the surpise you spoke me about previuous time...ahahahah ...I love this tiny car man , i would like to have such a car in real life...The old one i mean..I agree with Justbiglee Mini Cooper + Brands Hatch = Bloody fun!! \:D/ 

MiatakiasGR, you found my car!  :D

I think this discipline will be huge fun! No matter in which of the Tiers you will be racing. Online will be absolutely amazing with the mini's and CLASS C tourers. 

Mostly I am an offline player but with this one I probably will be online quite a few times :D

@Loore : can you please post a pic of that Peug 408 in here. Would love to see it.

This touringcar class is a lot more than I expected, I was really cought by surprise when I saw all that awesomeness! 

Very excited to say at least 
^:)^

To be fair I think I'm right in saying the touring car class in the original Grid only had two cars and it never got boring. 
  Tbh 99% ppl used lacetti (i do not realy care about care, its realy was not boring) and in some point using 1 car with no allowable settings is the best, coz only driving skill, track knowledge let you win, but not bugged settings, not OP cars.

Imagine, you came home after work, wonna ride some 1 or 2 hours, relax.
You drive well, but opponents are faster. Coz they have some settings after hours of discovery.
And its not fun anymore, coz you should find this settings too. Its kinda work for me.
Did not watch video, hope there is stock cars option "on" by default in online sessions.

1080/60fps video is up on gamersyde if anyone wants to see how it was meant to be :)

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_grid_autosport_touring_car-32076_en.html

(thanks to whoever made this possible)

Any news on F1 circuits? Codies should add all 19 circuits from F1 2013 plus 10-20 real life non-F1 circuits to the game.

F1 2013 is made on the same game engine. They just need to copypaste everything, except obviously the F1 cars.

Braking uphill on Austin with BTCC would be awesome, F3 on Monaco would be awesome, Eau Rouge with Tourings would be a awesome.

Gui1 said:
Any news on F1 circuits? Codies should add all 19 circuits from F1 2013 plus 10-20 real life non-F1 circuits to the game.

F1 2013 is made on the same game engine. They just need to copypaste everything, except obviously the F1 cars.

Braking uphill on Austin with BTCC would be awesome, F3 on Monaco would be awesome, Eau Rouge with Tourings would be a awesome.
I seriously seriously hope but at the same time doubt Monaco will be in the game.

Gui1 said:
You’d think, but I’m reliably informed it’s nowhere near that simple.

Can't wait to hear what you think :)
Looks like fun, but the cars also still look a bit too slidey compared to their real-life counterparts. You just can’t let that grip aversion go, can you :)

Finally got round to watching the video (thanks again for the quality version).  One thing most noticeable is that the cars seem to slide around a lot more than the real thing (I hope there is at least a feel of real weight transfer through the wheel).  Just has me a bit concerned some of the Grid 2 car behavior is going to show itself through the seams of this one too.

(I agree with scottishwildcat above)

I don't think you need too worry much about the sliding. It just looks good in trailers is all. If you're a quick driver, your corner entry speeds will be a bit less spectacular in regular gameplay :)

Gui1 said:

they are already using some of the circuits as we know Hockenheim Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur are in but they do have to be relicensed because they're being used in a separate game if and when they do these things so it's not always that easy. Given Autosport is a mostly circuit based game this time round it seems if I'm to go by what we've heard there may well be 1 or 2 others we don't know about yet. It does sound like Brands Hatch has made the cut too but for a full listing we'll have to wait for CM to deliver that news.

Sweet video!  #:-S

Codies can so easily get BTCC 2015-6 licences with such support from the BTCC paddock's big names and get us back to the heady ps1 ToCA days.

Can't wait to hear what you think :)
Looks like fun, but the cars also still look a bit too slidey compared to their real-life counterparts. You just can’t let that grip aversion go, can you :)

Imho, at least you can counter a GAS slide, whereas you couldn't counter a Grid2 twitch-spin so easily.  It's all about the racing... :x