Sign in to follow this  

Discipline Focus // Touring

DJ007 said:
Sweet video!  #:-S

Codies can so easily get BTCC 2015-6 licences with such support from the BTCC paddock's big names and get us back to the heady ps1 ToCA days.
You have my vote sir!

Bathurst is, too.

Now i wait for Monaco & Spa :)

Spa is certainly possible given it's used for touring car/ Endurance racing too as well as F1. I doubt Monaco will be on AS though given it's only used really on that one weekend for F1 mostly. I know it hosts other races during that weekend but they only close it off for that weekend

My prediction for the comming tracks:

* Zolder (GT, Euro V8)
* Donington (EuroV8, BTCC, GT)
* Interlagos (SCB)
* Adelaide (V8 Supercars)
* Curitiba (WTCC / SCB)
* Algarve Portimao (GT, Euro V8, F3)
* Zandvoort (GT, DTM, F3)
* Silverstone (GT, BTCC, F3)
* Paul Ricard (GT, WTCC)

Britpoint said:
I don't think you need too worry much about the sliding. It just looks good in trailers is all. If you're a quick driver, your corner entry speeds will be a bit less spectacular in regular gameplay :)
So its the drivers in the video (AI or otherwise) which are driving stupidly (wildly if you like)? - fair enough.  I would have created a video that dispelled the question mark over Grid 2 -> Grid Autosport handling, rather than one which enforces it, and showed some proper driving rather than this stuff  My thoughts now swing back towards a demo before purchase, or seeing some decent driving footage at the very least.  I'm sure others would be the same.

Is there any more Touring car gameplay footage planned before launch?

ta
joe

P308R said:
My prediction for the comming tracks:

* Zolder (GT, Euro V8)
* Donington (EuroV8, BTCC, GT)
* Interlagos (SCB)
* Adelaide (V8 Supercars)
* Curitiba (WTCC / SCB)
* Algarve Portimao (GT, Euro V8, F3)
* Zandvoort (GT, DTM, F3)
* Silverstone (GT, BTCC, F3)
* Paul Ricard (GT, WTCC)

wouldn't be surprised to see the Red Bull ring and maybe Nurburgring on there either  but we'll have to wait and see

Britpoint said:
I don't think you need too worry much about the sliding. It just looks good in trailers is all. If you're a quick driver, your corner entry speeds will be a bit less spectacular in regular gameplay :)
You might well be right, although I noticed Alex Gillon saying he found them a bit slidey in his preview vids as well. I think he mostly plays open wheel stuff though so maybe he's just being too woosy :)

Wouldn't mind Macau.
Have been racing there quite frequently on Race07 and it's a diabolic track.
Oh man. I hate it when that comes up on Race Pro (the Xbox version of Race07) :)

Britpoint said:
That's what I love about CM games with the exception of Grid 2, you can still have fun with the cars but you will get nowhere racing online against the players who know the racing lines and when to brake/reduce speed in the corners. I seem to remember you could drift/power slide in Grid 1 too with the touring cars (nowhere near as pronounced as Grid 2 though) but you would lose time compared to racing correctly.

Definitely happy to see V8s and UTEs in the game.

I really hope we'll get the other 2013 V8s like Erebus E-Class, Nissan Ultima and Volvo S60 in DLCs to expand the class.

My only problem is, the Cat B, Classic Touring, and Cat A class feels a bit barren in comparison to Cat A.

Looks good though.
APR193 said:

I really hope we'll get the other 2013 V8s like Erebus E-Class, Nissan Ultima and Volvo S60 in DLCs to expand the class.

My only problem is, the Cat B, Classic Touring, and Cat A class feels a bit barren in comparison to Cat A.

Looks good though.
To be fair I think I'm right in saying the touring car class in the original Grid only had two cars and it never got boring.
True, not a bad thing. It just part of me wishes for more cars per class. I am definitely happy with the car selections.

Also, @justbiglee, one question though, for Cat C which have 4 models, does the game's AI knows how to use all 4 cars, ie: all 4 models appears in the same race? Or it just picks 2 out of 4 cars, then you race with them? The trailer looked like the AI only uses 2 cars which is the Ford Focus and Honda Civic while Cruze and BMW arent seemed to be in the race.
It's just the way the trailer was recorded but in answer to your question you will see all the cars from that category on the track in the same race and if you get the right offers from the right teams you'll be able to drive them too :)
Thanks, justbiglee.

Grid 2 and Grid 1 handled it pretty badly though such as Grid 1's DLC cars either consists of one DLC car on the entire grid or they dont appear at all while in Grid 2, the AI mainly use one models that pretty much dominate the grid with 3-4 other models. As a person who loved Custom Cups, it does kill immersion a little bit.

Looks good though.
APR193 said:

Looks good though.
To be fair I think I'm right in saying the touring car class in the original Grid only had two cars and it never got boring.
True, not a bad thing. It just part of me wishes for more cars per class. I am definitely happy with the car selections.

Also, @justbiglee, one question though, for Cat C which have 4 models, does the game's AI knows how to use all 4 cars, ie: all 4 models appears in the same race? Or it just picks 2 out of 4 cars, then you race with them? The trailer looked like the AI only uses 2 cars which is the Ford Focus and Honda Civic while Cruze and BMW arent seemed to be in the race.
It's just the way the trailer was recorded but in answer to your question you will see all the cars from that category on the track in the same race and if you get the right offers from the right teams you'll be able to drive them too :)
Thanks, thats good to know. Hopefully it will be implemented better this time round.

APR193 said:
Oscar97 said:
Has anybody ever heard of the ADC Presteza-14?

Nice car list anyway, looking for this game.
=D>
Yeah I'd like to know what on earth this is haha
Even Google has no clue.
Yep, tried to google it, but only some Argentine whatever pics lol. I'm actually curious if that's even a car???

APR193 said:
Oscar97 said:

=D>
Even Google has no clue.
Yep, tried to google it, but only some Argentine whatever pics lol. I'm actually curious if that's even a car???
Apparently it's a fictional car made to race alongside the Peugeot.

APR193 said:
Oscar97 said:

=D>
Even Google has no clue.
Apparently it's a fictional car made to race against the Peugeot.

BTW, it's nice to have in-depth looks at the game's disciplines, but I'd like to not know all the cars while the game isn't even out and I think I'm not the only one, so I think you shouldn't put a full list on the next discipline focus.

Oscar97 said:
BTW, it's nice to have in-depth looks at the game's disciplines, but I'd like to not know all the cars while the game isn't even out and I think I'm not the only one, so I think you shouldn't put a full list on the next discipline focus.
whilst I agree it's nice to have some surprises I think it's a good idea to tell us a little bit about everything as it helps people decide whether they want he game or not. I've already made my decision as I've already pre-ordered as I've already heard everything I needed to convince me, but others are still on the fence