Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The DiRT Forums - How Do You Want Them??

Hi all,

So it's safe to say we've gone from about 15 people gossiping away to the whole world trying to get in a tiny elevator in the space of a week and I wanted to hear your thoughts on the DiRT Forums and how they are laid out / working.

So we've got this main section for pretty much everything, the tech support section for posting up bugs and the leagues section where I'm asking people to keep all the league chatter.

My question is this... Do you guys feel we need to mix that up? Maybe add a few more sections? (feature requests/feedback etc)

If so how do you think we should do it?

The place is getting super busy which is awesome but I'm concerned it might be getting hard to follow for some. Tell me what you think and how you would like it to be laid out, I'm totally open to ideas.

Kind of related I was wondering if anybody would like to become a mod for the DiRT section of the forum? Just to help keep the place tidy, move threads around when they need to be etc. If you would just let me know :)

Just what I was thinking about yesterday. The most common theme is to have:
- multiplayer (tournaments etc., no support)
- tips/ tricks (including tutorials, car setup discussion, driving techniques, etc.)
- community mods (self explanatory, obviously official tech support is not provided in this section, just as it is the case with any moded copy of the game)
- Early Access (all the stuff about it- requests, feedback, that's where You come in)
- tech support (could be put in above section, but eventually the game will go gold, so I'd keep both separately).
That's my quick idea.

IMO it should be divided like this, for Dirt Rally only:

EARLY ACCESS:
- official development updates/patch notes
- general bugs/support thread
- cars (wishlists, bugs, setups,...)
- tracks (wishlists, bugs, sugestions,...)
- handling/physics/force feedback (crucial subsection)
- Sound
- UI/controllers/wheel support

GENERAL:
- general discussions about Rally

general feedback/wishlist a sticky on top of all categories. The idea is that devs for tracks or cars development, can concentrate only on that subsection of the forum.

CTR69 said:

EARLY ACCESS:
- Sound

GENERAL:
-user Screenshots
-user videos
-user setups

general feedback/wishlist a sticky on top of all categories. The idea is that devs for tracks or cars development, can concentrate only on that subsection of the forum.

This is pretty much bang on

I added in another Section or two in general area too though, i like to see what other people are getting up to ^_^

CTR69 said:

EARLY ACCESS:
- Sound

GENERAL:

There  should be subsections for feedback on different parts of the game, like physics, cars, tracks and peripherals subsection

What CTR69 said is quite spot on

I'd like to see each title have it's own forum. Within that I really have no preference provided there is a dedicated area for mods :)

Cafours said:
CTR69 said:

EARLY ACCESS:
- Sound

GENERAL:
-user Screenshots
-user videos
-user setups

This is pretty much bang on

I added in another Section or two in general area too though, i like to see what other people are getting up to ^_^
Don't forget we need a sticky titled STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT placed right at the top of the forum. That way people will stop posting the same stuff, over and over again (yeah I know, but I can dream right?)

Something I would really like to see is a development blog section not to be posted on your main site but just a thread or section where devs can talk about progress and their opinions.
-What features or bugs they are working on, or going to work on soon.
-Their opinions on community suggestions
-What they have acknowledged from the comunity and what they want to know from us

I just feel this system would benefit much more if the devs got involded more in giving us feedback, not just us giving them feedback. At the moment things keep getting repeated because we have no idea what has been noticed by codemasters and what hasnt.

Leave the forum as it is, don't like the idea of multitasking between different forums at the same time.

I really think that diving the forums into a couple more sections would be beneficial, and it would keep the forums a tad tidier and easier to follow too.

I'd personally have the ones you suggested Lee:
- DiRT General Discussion (keep this for general discussion, as we have done)
- DiRT Technical Assistance (as it is again, for bug reports, etc)
- DiRT Feature Requests
- DiRT Feedback Forum

That would be perfect, and really useful for myself as a mod too :p there's been so many threads in this forum over the last week it's been tough keeping on top of every single post, so maybe something like this would make it a tad easier.

Id happily volunteer for a mod if you need any extra help around

feature requests and feedback section is a good idea

What i would suggest as guidelines is:

- If possible, create a subforum where only people who actually have the game can enter.
- Separate the real issues/bugs from the wishes and requests
- Make subforums dedicated to different aspects of the game (graphics, sounds, controllers, wheels, cars, tracks, ingame menus, physics, career mode, etc etc)
- For each topic, keep a working list with requests you're registered
- Also i would say that a moderator here should be employed by codemaster. This will be an intense ongoing process, so you need a commitment for a longer period, and this person should be in touch with the ongoing development of the game, so picking some volounteer is not an option if you take this serious.

@justbigleee The old DiRT 3 forums was good with the different sub forums, it even had a off topic section :)

May be useful to pay someone to acknowledge some of the posts. 

Getting the feeling that much is falling on deaf ears,  and people will get fed up bothering. 

Bit like i felt voting the other day! 

xGabe62x said:
May be useful to pay someone to acknowledge some of the posts. 

Getting the feeling that much is falling on deaf ears,  and people will get fed up bothering. 

Bit like i felt voting the other day! 
Yes it always happens when they released games in the past, the community managers seems to disappear and reappear when they announce a new game.