Codemasters strike back!

There was considerable angst when repeated tries on race days got charged for.  Under pressure from their customers Codemasters started to give extra free trys to calm down the community.  Now I see how they have reintroduced their money making trick.

In hard mode I practiced Mexico race many times.  My car was often able after a good start to get as far up as 2nd by the first corner.  So I try the race. 

After a "perfect" start I dropped from 15th to 19th by the first corner. By the end of the second lap I had got back to 15th then, out of the blue, on a corner I have never crashed on, the back end lets go and I am in the fence.

I strongly suspect Codemasters have programmed in random crashes to try and increase the number of credits used on race days. On top of AIs pushing us off the track it is making the game unplayable except for Quali mode.  Not a good way to go since the game is full of advertising anyway. 

Yes I’m suspecting that as well. Everything can be fine in qualifying and even race 1. Then in race 2, brakes don’t work as they should in certain corners. Race 3 as well. 
ends up with slower lap times due to harder braking. 
Sneaky.....

6 hours ago, elimmel said:

Yes I’m suspecting that as well. Everything can be fine in qualifying and even race 1. Then in race 2, brakes don’t work as they should in certain corners. Race 3 as well. 
ends up with slower lap times due to harder braking. 
Sneaky.....

Have you noticed how the car turns in suddenly sharper sometimes? Then you get a cut corner penalty.  Frustrating!! 

I practiced quali in Mexico in single mode, after a few tries I clocked 1:08. Then I entered the event and with a very similar lap I had 1:11. I understand that there may have been some differences between those laps, up to 1s but not 3....