Sign in to follow this  

Seeking buddies for playing in private lobbies (PC/Steam)

I played yesterday in private lobbies with 2 friends and i had much fun .. So i seek buddies to add each other on Steam so we can invite each other ... Custom lobbies is way better than boring matchmaking...

Settings i usually use is:

No flashbacks 

full damage

Terminal damage on

No AI cars

Various cars class/rounds/laps/weather/daytime

We can make a group on steam or participate in chat room and all players to communicate..

Link for Steam forums correspondent topic https://steamcommunity.com/app/703860/discussions/0/1697221160911146551/

My name on steam is : MIATAKIAS_GR (same photo as here)

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

Well then, hurry up... In a few days, if this continues, there wont be anyone to play with.

16 days so far...

borring game.jpg

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
faster than thought

20 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Well then, hurry up... In a few days, if this continues, there wont be anyone to play with.

16 days so far...

borring game.jpg

Yes i know about, only the addition of custom lobbies can actually save the game but at least we can have some fan with custom settings with few friends and NO AI in private lobbies as i had yesterday....

Edited by Miatakias_GR

As mentioned in the other thread, I can't join you.  However, get a good crew together and the game is entirely different and a blast.  It really comes alive when racing actual people, especially if they are close in skill level.

Edited by Kaylos29

44 minutes ago, Kaylos29 said:

As mentioned in the other thread, I can't join you.  However, get a good crew together and the game is entirely different and a blast.  It really comes alive when racing actual people, especially if they are close in skill level.

Whats your name?

2 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I played yesterday in private lobbies with 2 friends and i had much fun .. So i seek buddies to add each other on Steam so we can invite each other ... Custom lobbies is way better than boring matchmaking...

Settings i usually use is:

No flashbacks 

full damage

Terminal damage on

No AI cars

Various cars class/rounds/laps/weather/daytime

We can make a group on steam or participate in chat room and all players to communicate..

Link for Steam forums correspondent topic https://steamcommunity.com/app/703860/discussions/0/1697221160911146551/

My name on steam is : MIATAKIAS_GR (same photo as here)

Unistalled the game m8 sorry

Hope you have fun Miat

1 hour ago, Kaylos29 said:

On the Xbox, Kaylos29.  Don't have the game on PC.  Mine couldn't handle it if I did.

Sorry now i noticed what you wrote above... 

1 hour ago, Assiemodis said:

Hope you have fun Miat

Assiemodis are you gonna come back if they add custom public lobbies? 

don't know Miat.

depends how the public lobbies looks like I guess.

First of all flashbacks should be disabled then and no AI.  

But there were more reasons to uninstall the game   :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Assiemodis

don't know Miat.

depends how the public lobbies looks like I guess.

First of all flashbacks should be disabled then and no AI.  

But there were more reasons to uninstall the game   :classic_biggrin:

Yes if they add custom public lobbies will have options to disable  flashbacks and AI as in private lobbies i guess... 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

Oh wow, that was quick doode....I must admit I havent played for about four days now and i havent missed it, so i may not be long behind you.

that said, im waiting for MP lobbies if im honest.

but something tells me this is unlikely 8(

He gooner how are you m8.

What can I say.

A boring SP with no progression, just a table with single races which only last 3 laps. (proberly more when you get to the end but not intrested to find out)

Multiplayer suxxx big time.

FFB needs work.

etc etc

I dont want to spend my time on this game anymore.

Maybe I install it again later when I read it is improved but for now I got other games to play.  :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Goonertez said:

but something tells me this is unlikely 8(

Read the comments from codies employees here (how they avoid the topic to be precise) and remember the past.

I give it 95% it will never happen

Edited by Assiemodis

2 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

Read the comments from codies employees here (how they avoid the topic to be precise) and remember the past.

I give it 95% it will never happen

Well, first of all @ChrisGrovesMCM will be tagged here to respond to this post.

If you do not understand, Codemasters are trying to patch this issue, they are NOT ignoring it. Also, You lost a Gridder (A person who liked and enjoyed Race Driver Grid) in the Welcome to the new Grid topic, so I would be careful what you post here. Next time, rather than saying that Codemasters avoid topics like this, Tag them in the the post for them to review.

Edited by CordedQuill42
I am not going to discuss how that guy got banned. Please speak with a moderator if you feel such emotion.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

Hey! Hope you find some players to lobby up with - if you haven't already, I'd suggest jumping into the GRID Discord (discord.gg/XV2MYuF), where we have multiplayer channels for each platform 🙂

Haven't avoided the topic whatsoever. Already stated that we're aware of this request and discussing it. Won't make any false promises and there's so much more to topics like this than just if it can or can't be in the game, but rest assured, it's on the agenda 🙂

9 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Haven't avoided the topic whatsoever. Already stated that we're aware of this request and discussing it. Won't make any false promises and there's so much more to topics like this than just if it can or can't be in the game, but rest assured, it's on the agenda 🙂

Im sure you wont make false promises...never thought you would....but from experience with Codemasters, what you will likely do is this....

Decide in your dev meetings that this functionality will not be added and then not advertise that fact to us.

I can understand why.

Its not pleasant to tell your customers they wont be getting a feature they have asked for.

Im of the mind that because Codies decided to not include this functionality from the off, it will now never be..probably because too much of a re-write in your GUI back-end is required or somesuch.

that is of course my own personal guess....but im afraid thats your MO.

I would love to be wrong really i would...so ill be hangining around until your second patch...if lobbies are not in by then, it'll be too late for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thnx Chris.

3 hours ago, Goonertez said:

Im sure you wont make false promises...never thought you would....but from experience with Codemasters, what you will likely do is this....

Decide in your dev meetings that this functionality will not be added and then not advertise that fact to us.

I can understand why.

Its not pleasant to tell your customers they wont be getting a feature they have asked for.

Im of the mind that because Codies decided to not include this functionality from the off, it will now never be..probably because too much of a re-write in your GUI back-end is required or somesuch.

that is of course my own personal guess....but im afraid thats your MO.

I would love to be wrong really i would...so ill be hangining around until your second patch...if lobbies are not in by then, it'll be too late for me.

I agree that custom lobbies must be in second patch or at least to be confirmed as soon as possible with options like in previous grid games + remove totally skirmish,  fix weather details ect and bring back  the classic beloved derby mode + drift mode in okutama sprint would be bloody fun... Also an other downgrade i noticed is in private lobbies i set 3 rounds mini championship but players did not earn points so the one with the most at the end to win championship,  after any any race is shown the standing and u just go next race,  bring back the classic point system of previous grid games... Assist on / off in private lobbies would be welcome too...