Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFB Patch

They are working on the ffb now, it's top of the list.

They put a poll up to see who was using wheels and the different types so they can add more support in order of popularity, That is on-going now (the poll was put up the day the game launched I think)

This is an early access title, not a finished game... They know the ffb and increased wheel support is needed, but it's not going to happen over night. Give them a couple weeks.

I think it is important for people to know that a small team of developers created car handling physics from scratch for DiRT Rally. Due to resource limitations they have not been able to re-work the design/code for the FFB and wheel support. 

Now that they have the feedback from players who signed up to the Early Access program they have the data and comments to know what to focus on. Their no 1 priority is to re-work the wheel FFB and support - judging by the huge step forward in car physics I have the full confidence that they will deliver when they release what they've cooked up.

It can be seen that how the game is laid out, how options are presented that the game 'framework' has its roots with previous Codies games. And it's not a surprise when you take into account that a small team of devs focused on the core of the game: physics, stage design and cars.

Just please be patient and keep on giving feedback. The team is reading at all and deciding what to do next.

I am using the modded effects xml with ffb tweaked big time,  and have no problem saving career or playing online events. 

That is great, but for myself and others we had to modify the input\paths.xml and forcefeedback\devicesetup.xml files to get our wheel and pedals simply recognised by the game so we could play it. Modifying those files triggers some sort of security check and stops you from being able to save any progress or stats in your career. Some CM dev named Katie confirmed that on a Steam thread.  I know my wheel the AccuForce is not common but my pedals Clubsport V1 are.  So why should modifying those files be a reason to prevent the game saving ?  You cannot cheat or anything by modifying them, it doesn't make any sense at all. 

Modifying the XML files hasn't prevented the vast majority of us from saving our games, yours is the only report I've seen otherwise.

thanks for the creds on the Op.

I just want to stress, by no means is this a permant FFB option, I was just trying to give people a temporary solution to have "some" ffb while CM put together the proper FFB in their game..

Im looking fwd to see what they can do, because what ive seen and played with... this sim could have some awesome FFB>!!

They need to look at Project Cars with the mod.....  (yes they need one too!).... Awesome. 

So many people comparing the FFB to TARMAC games 

I swear, i've driven all manner of offroad vehicles from motorcross bikes to an fuly prepped EVO VII  and i can tell you, you have to wrestle with the wheel due to the bumps and cambers and potholes and shit found on any gravel or grass or snow track field etc. 

I tried this FFB patch and settings reccomended by a fellow streamer and it was, totally removed and felt like i was on tarmac. it was dumb.

Not really but the latest Road Book entry suggests that they are in the internal testing and refinement stage so its not ages away

People....

Hey all, I bought the game, a new dx 11 gpu few days ago. It is early access, sold a rally sim, a bit disppointed about handling and physics the rest is looking and sounding very good, not yet finished, but good. 

People...stop thinking it might be a providiential god gift that developpers listen and answer to you. You are giving money to them by the way, to their bosses... it's very normal that devs with a proper early access game listen to the feedback and needs customers are claiming. Its doesn't mean to do any other things than " Yes its good, no it's far away from sim, it could be better this way etc..."  with courtesy and accuracy , and communicate clearly

As an exemple, I bought the game because it was looking good but most of all it was written "New RBR like rally game" "New rally sim by codemaster " " Nothing to do with dirt 2.3 physics " in articles and finally spot on steam store " SIMULATION " on the game's page.  And now I paid for a game wich is good but not what it was mention to be. So now for sure im glad the early access really meant something and developpers are speaking and listening to us.

People might like DIRT 3, or other codemasters products physics. That doesn't dirt rally has to be like they want, as long as it written "sim" on the box.

If people could just tell what they do and do what they tell.

Someone's starting this thread daily now, and we've been warned against sending FFB values intended for pads to wheels. We're building our own FFBSuspension profiles in other threads here and here. Highly unlikely they "forgot to change the values," but something isn't right as it comes, most of us agree.

Someone's starting this thread daily now, and we've been warned against sending FFB values intended for pads to wheels. We're building our own FFBSuspension profiles in other threads here and here. Highly unlikely they "forgot to change the values," but something isn't right as it comes, most of us agree.