Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Splash physics

Recommended Posts

When crossing a splash on some USA roads (today's daily challenge) with 406, the car got instant 360 degree spin.

Correct me if I'm wrong but IMO it's totally unrealistic

BTW, the forum itself has a bug. When editing just submitted new thread's post, the forums disallows to submit edited version for some time. I understand this feature has been invented to limit number of new posts in defined amount of time. But what does it do with editing? Ahh end submit button of edit form is named "Edit Topic". Should be "Submit changes" or something like this.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look the effect on the steering wheel 3:59  

you have 2 solutions 

- slow down 

put the rear of the car lower than the front (the problem with setup is that you will have trouble turn on all turns, you have 1 solutions to solve the problem add more brake on rear  and put you setup  rear very hard )

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

look the effect on the steering wheel 3:59 

Well, WRC 8 does the same, while Dirt Rally 2.0 does not.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mesa said:

Well, WRC 8 does the same, while Dirt Rally 2.0 does not.

the big splash in USA and walles work  

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

look the effect on the steering wheel 3:59

so, at first it was in turn, at second only one side weel hit water, at third position  of the car hasn't been affected. 

In my case I hit water in stright angle getting constant 360 degree spin. Show me some real life footage showing the same. When you hit water by two front wheels simultaneously there is no reason to throw a car sideways or spin it.

In addition to this I found that when going downhill there is no any sideeefect. You can go flat through the spash. But when going uphill the car is being unset significantly. 

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

so, at first it was in turn, at second only one side weel hit water, at third position  of the car hasn't been affected. 

In my case I hit water in stright angle getting constant 360 degree spin. Show me some real life footage showing the same. When you hit water by two front wheels simultaneously there is no reason to throw a car sideways or spin it.

In addition to this I found that when going downhill there is no any sideeefect. You can go flat through the spash. But when going uphill the car is being unset significantly. 

It will be difficult to find this kind of video because the drivers are intelligent and we are aware of the risks of going fast on water.

and the splashes are different they can be deep and long, deep and short, long and not deep, they can place in the turns, straight lines, entered turns, exit turns all these parameters are important and can change the way you take the splash

the risks if you arrive very quickly in a puddle
-you risk breaking parts of your engine
-l aquaplaning (your tires are filled with air)

if your car is slowing down because water is a physical element, so it's normal for you to slow down,
easy example
if you jump in the water you are slowed by this element
but if you jump without water you will touch the bottom and you will not stop during the fall,
if this example works from top to bottom, it is forced from left to right or right to left

 

video bonus 

 

 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say, but you are responding with some generic statements meaning nothing to discussed issue. It's like bringing argument that moon is yellow like a cheese. True but unrelated.

I know what is aquaplaning, and how water on surface can affect car handling. What I'm saying is, that the behaviour of car being the result of DR2 simulation is unrealistic for pretty deep water as found on one of USA stages.

At first this area require pretty slow entry, because it's after right turn (going uphill). Secondly, the water seems to be deep enough to to stop car from dancing around. Simply car should sink into, no aquaplaning, sliding nor spins. And as I said, if car is slowed down in "symmetrical" manner, there is no forces/torque to make car spin.

I asked you for a  video to support your arguments but in turn you gave videos which just prove opposite to what you are saying (especially the second one). I can see cars going through water with high speed without any consequences. All are rock stable, going straight in this manoeuvrer.
Maybe I should show you the replay from DR2 to show what I'm talking about, unfortunately the game is so limited making saving/sharing replays possible.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Sorry to say, but you are responding with some generic statements meaning nothing to discussed issue. It's like bringing argument that moon is yellow like a cheese. True but unrelated.

I know what is aquaplaning, and how water on surface can affect car handling. What I'm saying is, that the behaviour of car being the result of DR2 simulation is unrealistic for pretty deep water as found on one of USA stages.

At first this area require pretty slow entry, because it's after right turn (going uphill). Secondly, the water seems to be deep enough to to stop car from dancing around. Simply car should sink into, no aquaplaning, sliding nor spins. And as I said, if car is slowed down in "symmetrical" manner, there is no forces/torque to make car spin.

I asked you for a  video to support your arguments but in turn you gave videos which just prove opposite to what you are saying (especially the second one). I can see cars going through water with high speed without any consequences. All are rock stable, going straight in this manoeuvrer.
Maybe I should show you the replay from DR2 to show what I'm talking about, unfortunately the game is so limited making saving/sharing replays possible.

to avoid losing my time, try in real life drive in  150 km / h in a big splash and you will see the result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who talks about 150km/h? 150km/h is about top speed in rallies
Didn't I say I am talking about pretty slow entry?

BTW please don't loose time. by now you didn't say any really helpful nor even supporting your stance thing. It's really wasting. the same way I can suggest you to build the same stage as in the game and try if it make you spun.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×