Choose opponents' classic cars?

Hi, I wanted to race against AI using classic cars from 2010, so RB, Ferrari and McLaren, but if I choose single class, cars from 2006 and 2007 are there too, and if I choose spec everyone drives the car I choose. Is there a way to use only specific classic cars?

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 3

Yeah racing a multi grid using a specific car can give a huge advantage/disadvantage. Racing 1 set car can be challenging but to have a set year car is what I was hoping for too, especially seeing so many from 2010, its the first time I've seen a few all of one specific year and therefore more closely matched, so to speak. I love the Renault for instance but can't race vs the Brawn and RB, the acceleration is just too poor to keep up 😂 F1 cars have come a long way from those people carrier slow start days!

Multi class custom races in project cars 2 is so much fun. You can use up to 3 different classes so either several eras of classic cars or the more realistic endurance races with gt3 gte and lmp1, 2 and 3 cars all in the same race. It's kinda cool trundling along in a classic lotus then a rocketship ts 050 goes flying past... Plus vice versa! 

• Agree 1

In 2006 the engine formula for F1 changed from V10 to the 2.4 V8 and remained this way sans any ERS through 2009 with brake ERS was introduded.  So in effect 2006 and 2007 and 2010 engines are similar in compostion and power output with the 2010 engine enjoying an ERS boost, hence the reason they're introduced during your races.  see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Formula_One_regulations

Edited by FOneFanatic