Used cars now display previous driven distance?

Previously (at least, for me), when purchased, used cars would reset their total distance driven to 0.00km. Thus showing how far drove that car, it would still come with various amounts of damage.
Has this been changed, or did my game have some weird bug or something of the like?

35 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

Hi @YakovlevNorris when you purchase a used car it keeps its distance driven just like in real life 🙂

In real life it matters how much an used car has been driven, in DR2.0 those are just random numbers that mean nothing. And it means you can't see your car stats because what you see are some random numbers that have nothing to do with you.

There could at least be separate "your stats" below the "all-time" stats. Or there could be stats that are not about My Team only but also show your stats from other gamemodes.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

In real life it matters how much an used car has been driven, in DR2.0 those are just random numbers that mean nothing. And it means you can't see your car stats because what you see are some random numbers that have nothing to do with you.

There could at least be separate "your stats" below the "all-time" stats. Or there could be stats that are not about My Team only but also show your stats from other gamemodes.

This is what I meant, previously it would reset the driven distance for used cars, so I could see my own driven distance. It's a useless little stat, but I like to keep track of it

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, YakovlevNorris said:

This is what I meant, previously it would reset the driven distance for used cars, so I could see my own driven distance. It's a useless little stat, but I like to keep track of it

Thats why you can't unless you pull out your notebook, there has to be some meaning to a used car in the game for it to be cheaper,  it's repairs and odometer/stats.  Sounds good to me. 

• Disagree 1

40 minutes ago, bn880 said:

there has to be some meaning to a used car in the game for it to be cheaper

There doesn't have to be "used" cars in the first place, there is nothing wrong with just unlocking a car like in DR1, without some make-believe. And in most cases "used" is not cheaper, it's the only option because a lot of cars can only be bought "used".

With some cars you can see your stats, with some cars you can't because these are mixed with meaningless random numbers. "sounds good to me"

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I bought some cars few months ago and it was reset to 0. Why is normal to not to reset now?

In real life you need the best price so you "update" the mileage anyway.

Where are the stats in game?

• Agree 1

Guys, these stats are broken anyway.

Podiums don't count in AI challenges, events ended don't count more than 1 in monthlys and terminal damage counts only in specific situations.

On top of that, having stats for cars is a good thing, but this "used cars" bs is really annoying. Let me track my stats and stop this nonsense.

Already reported these issues multiple times, but they ignored it for months, so don't expect a change regarding this.

• Agree 2

I'm really trying to understand this mentality though:  I messed up myself by not writing down the stats on some used cars I bought, now I can't track my mileage.  And I blame myself, and like that there is a bit of real life built into this. (you screw up, you lose, nice easy lesson)    But you want everything forgiving, so you don't need to take notes, you can buy a car cheaper and not have any lasting consequence like a different record on it (so presumably if it was real life you'd commit at minimum deceit and at maximum fraud when selling the car with a wiped rally or road history)   😛     Don't hate me, I just like the feature as is.  I think there may be more out there like me.

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, bn880 said:

But you want everything forgiving, so you don't need to take notes, you can buy a car cheaper and not have any lasting consequence like a different record on it

Right, we want everything forgiving, we want unlimited flashbacks and no damage and no penalties for going off track and no tire punctures and AI that takes 20 minutes per stage and free cars and perfect setups ready, because we are not interested in writing down meaningless random numbers so we can compare them later to see our car stats. Because we believe we should be able to see our stats in game without some random numbers added to them.

I suggest that, before you click the "Submit Reply" button, you read your own post and take a moment to think about what you are saying.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Right, we want everything forgiving, we want unlimited flashbacks and no damage and no penalties for going off track and no tire punctures and AI that takes 20 minutes per stage and free cars and perfect setups ready, because we are not interested in writing down meaningless random numbers so we can compare them later to see our car stats. Because we believe we should be able to see our stats in game without some random numbers added to them.

I suggest that, before you click the "Submit Reply" button, you read your own post and take a moment to think about what you are saying.

I'm saying you want to remove some realism. 😉

• Disagree 2

There is nothing unrealistic about being able to see your stats in the game. This "used car" make-believe doesn't even necessarily have to be removed, it can remain there as long as you can see your stats as well.

Why can you see your stats for new cars anyway? You could just take notes, but no, you want everything forgiving and unrealistic so you don't have to take notes.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 3

Can't believe, what I am reading here.

Is it too much to ask for clean and function stats on cars to have only your own stats tracked?

I don't care, if the used cars are cheaper, I have 55 million credits in my team! Give me a "new" car with no stats that costs 5 times the normal price I would buy it.

There is no way to get the older cars without stats already and no, I don't have to write them down, because the stats are always the same! It's just a "realism" feature, I as a stats guy don't benefit from. I have always to count out the stats from the old cars that were pre-set.

And for a simulation based racing game, the given stats are not really detailed enough anyway.

• Agree 1

yeah, I don't see the point of having "used" cars in the dealership if the only difference is the damage (which you can fix in 2 seconds), the stats and (very occasionally) better engine upgrades.

I'm not interested in keeping note of what the car had on its odometer when I got it. it's a game, I don't want to do light homework unless I'm tuning a car to drive better in a certain location.

it made slightly more sense in Dirt 4 because used cars were the only ones that came with historic liveries and they had different part upgrades (this was more than just engines, and wasn't related to distance driven).

but as it stands it's just a bunch of extra cars in the dealership I have to scroll through. I was going to sell the Season 3 vehicles when I got the DLC bundle and then "buy" them again because I have an insane amount of in game cash that I don't know what to do with, but I'm not going to bother if it means I have to buy them used and not be able to easily see how many km I have driven them.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

Why are people getting up in a twist all the time over the smallest of things?  This isn't really that major.  To be honest I won't cry if it's changed, but for sure now I'm ok with it as is.  Other features would be cool, as in driver stats, not fake car stats.

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I don't have to write them down, because the stats are always the same!

Are they?!   I could have sworn they were not.

Just now, bn880 said:

Are they?!   I could have sworn they were not.

100% before september.

Maybe they changed it.

Because distance driven got reset before, when you bought a used one, so they might changed that, too. Stopped playing the game regularly sometime in september due to some kind of "burnout" and frustration about some bugs (more serious ones), so I'm maybe not up-to-date anymore.

It didn't made sense, because distance driven got always reset, but the other 3 stats not. Maybe they fixed it in the wrong way (in my opinion).

Look at the Lancia Delta S4 in the shop...it has always 6 totals/terminal crashes or whatever it is called in english.

And it would be cool, if you would understand, that people find different things more important than other things. Stats are a big thing for me, I love to track all the good and bad things I've done in a game.

Sure I understand people have different preferences.  For example lack of hardcore damage in career drove me a bit crazy.   Now I have to complain about the handbrake and clutch nanny.      I'll try to check on the car stats next time I do some sensible playing.

• Like 1