DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headlights too short in VR

It seems that headlights projection on a road is to short. Road turns black at about 50m which would correspond with regular short beams, not long/additional ones.

I didn't compared it with monitor mode, but even watching replays (which are "2D", even in VR) from cockpit camers it's obvious the road lit farer. It must be some issue of light projection in VR I guess.

here is a video.
At about 5:05 I increased gamma settings. It improves a bit, but it's unacceptable for the rest of the game, including menus.

It is noticeable more in VR and probably uses too much gpu/cpu resources to increase the distance.  Still is worth bringing to the devs attention,  maybe they can take a look at increasing the reflective distance of the light dynamically according to graphics settings used ? 

11 hours ago, RogerRamjet77 said:

It is noticeable more in VR and probably uses too much gpu/cpu resources to increase the distance.  Still is worth bringing to the devs attention,  maybe they can take a look at increasing the reflective distance of the light dynamically according to graphics settings used

id like to see a slider to increase the distance. Same goes for trees and grass. A popup window could tell that its a very demanding setting.