Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

A.I. Slow Acceleration in Rain !!!

Codemasters !!!

The problem with A.I. in the Rain is they are very slow in Acceleration after the corners. You must too Boost A.I. Acceleration after the corners, everything else is fine with A.I. in the Rain.

So Codemasters Update A.I. Acceleration in the Rain !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They nerfed the AI in the rain a couple of patches back because a few people complained they were too quick.

They weren’t, they were fine. Now they are too slow. That’s how **** works these days apparently.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

They nerfed the AI in the rain a couple of patches back because a few people complained they were too quick.

They weren’t, they were fine. Now they are too slow. That’s how **** works these days apparently.

Agreed, the first fix was perfect for me anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It's inconsistent because the AI doesn't play by the same rules as the player (in terms of the physics), so it perceives there being too much or too little grip a lot of the time. Before the latest patch, it usually was the former, with the added caveat that even in identical conditions on the same track the AI would sometimes not give you the same results.

Don't expect any changes until the next generation of consoles.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Hmm... I qualified pole position in Monaco last night in dry circumstances. Then there was light rain in the race and i still can't keep up the pace, i was creating a Trulli train! Nowhere near my good pace of the qualification as compared to the AI.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Heinos said:

Hmm... I qualified pole position in Monaco last night in dry circumstances. Then there was light rain in the race and i still can't keep up the pace, i was creating a Trulli train! Nowhere near my good pace of the qualification as compared to the AI.

The AI is atrocious in qualifying in Monaco but strong in the race...

...if you don't take advantage of the infamous Codemasters Nouvelle chicane cut. That alone gains you a second and will completely destroy the AI, and you can get away with it even with strict corner cutting rules. This is one of those cases where a "nerf" is completely balanced out by the usual AI balance, which, as I mentioned earlier, is deeply inconsistent because they're not playing with the same rules as we do.

Edited by Coffer

45 minutes ago, Coffer said:

The AI is atrocious in qualifying in Monaco but strong in the race...

...if you don't take advantage of the infamous Codemasters Nouvelle chicane cut. That alone gains you a second and will completely destroy the AI, and you can get away with it even with strict corner cutting rules. This is one of those cases where a "nerf" is completely balanced out by the usual AI balance, which, as I mentioned earlier, is deeply inconsistent because they're not playing with the same rules as we do.

Yeah well even in the rain i can't get a advantage in the Nouvelle chicane haha. The rain in general i find atrocious (in sense of car handling and performance) 😛 .

• Agree 1