So season 3+4 is full price during the Steam sale...

New Steam Autumn sale, they still "forgot" to put the season 3 + 4 on sale.

So Super Deluxe [DiRT Rally 2.0, DiRT Rally 2.0 - Deluxe Upgrade Store Package (Season1+2), DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe 2.0 (Season3+4)] is € 44,99 while Season Pass 3 + 4 alone is € 29.99

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

It's a bait and switch. Buy DR2.0, and discover that you didn't buy the whole package, so you spend more.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

It's a bait and switch. Buy DR2.0, and discover that you didn't buy the whole package, so you spend more.

Could be worse, you could have bought from Oculus only to discover that you only bought half the game and that the DLC is never coming, so you have to buy again from Steam if you want the other half.

• Haha 4

Lol people buy from Oculus store? 😂😂
Can't wait to hear that people also buy on Stadia store. 😂😂😂😂

• Disagree 3

Then wait for the Winter Sale… I think they will low the price for the 2020 Summer Sale, not before, that's too soon and all the content hasn't released yet.

Or try to buy it from the Argentina Steam Store, that's only 5e (https://steamdb.info/app/1142800/), Don't ask me how to do, i don't know how without going to Argentina.

• Agree 2

On 11/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, Leo Natan said:

Guess it's just like when I bought my car and I didn't choose to take all the upgrades in the brochure, then they bait and switched me and provided me a car without all the extra upgrades on it.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Birdman44 said:

Then wait for the Winter Sale… I think they will low the price for the 2020 Summer Sale, not before, that's too soon and all the content hasn't released yet.

Or try to buy it from the Argentina Steam Store, that's only 5e (https://steamdb.info/app/1142800/), Don't ask me how to do, i don't know how without going to Argentina.

Very interesting.

3 hours ago, Birdman44 said:

i don't know how without going to Argentina.

You have to pay with a credit card issued in Argentina. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Guess it's just like when I bought my car and I didn't choose to take all the upgrades in the brochure, then they bait and switched me and provided me a car without all the extra upgrades on it.

good analogy lol

And since CM bought SMS you might expect even more baits, broken promisses , unfinished features and so on

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Pfei said:

You have to pay with a credit card issued in Argentina. 

Not necessary. Once you switch stores, you can buy Steam gift cards and top your account. Gift cards / funds are region free, so buying US (or whatever) gift card is converted into ARS.

4 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Not necessary. Once you switch stores, you can buy Steam gift cards and top your account. Gift cards / funds are region free, so buying US (or whatever) gift card is converted into ARS.

Yeah, that might work. I don't know anything about gift cards. But I cannot make a purchase with my US credit card. Only my Argentine cards work. I cannot gift games to anyone, either, due to price differences between regions. 

1 hour ago, Pfei said:

Yeah, that might work. I don't know anything about gift cards. But I cannot make a purchase with my US credit card. Only my Argentine cards work. I cannot gift games to anyone, either, due to price differences between regions. 

You just find an online place where they sell Steam cards. Some don't even have commissions, so it's 1:1 price and value.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, Shocchiz said:

New Steam Autumn sale, they still "forgot" to put the season 3 + 4 on sale.

So Super Deluxe [DiRT Rally 2.0, DiRT Rally 2.0 - Deluxe Upgrade Store Package (Season1+2), DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe 2.0 (Season3+4)] is € 44,99 while Season Pass 3 + 4 alone is € 29.99

Now its Even better, on USA PSN super deluxe (game + all DLC s1, s2 , s3 s4) is same price as Season 3+4 29.99 dollars

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dani211212 said:

Now its Even better, on USA PSN super deluxe (game + all DLC s1, s2 , s3 s4) is same price as Season 3+4 29.99 dollars

same in canada and the eu..................

On 25 December 2019 at 7:52 AM, ianism said:

same in canada and the eu..................

Here in uk ,

the digital deluxe version only contains season 1 and season 2, £24.99,

not 3 and 4,

the super deluxe version does contain all seasons 1 ,2 ,3, 4 , but is £29.99

its annoying because I only need to buy season 3 and 4 and I am not paying £24.99 just for that lol,

this is where codemasters shoot themselves in the foot everytime,

i will wait until season 3 and 4 is in a sale for  £10 ,

season 1 and 2 couple of months ago were in sales for £9.99 ,

so just a case of waiting my friends.

Edited by senna94f1
  • Agree 3

Yeah, that is stupid. Shame, but since it is like this I will not buy it. Feels like an insult tbh.

• Agree 2

I find it fascinating that people REEEE about paying full price for a game that will give you hundreds of hours of interactive entertainment, but don't think twice about paying $15 for a movie ticket and another $25 for popcorn and liquid candy; a passive form of entertainment for a couple hours at most.

Video games take an incredible amount of time and hard, thoughtful work.   As a part time sound designer for a racing game myself, I can tell you first hand that just the TIME going into ONE car into for recording and game implementation and testing, is in the  dozens to hundreds.  And that assumes most of the game systems are already built.  

Most games are way too cheap, I'm telling you.  There are more game devs working for free than most people know.

Edited by ApexAzimuth
  • Agree 4

On 12/31/2019 at 12:17 AM, ApexAzimuth said:

I find it fascinating that people REEEE about paying full price for a game that will give you hundreds of hours of interactive entertainment, but don't think twice about paying $15 for a movie ticket and another $25 for popcorn and liquid candy; a passive form of entertainment for a couple hours at most.

Video games take an incredible amount of time and hard, thoughtful work.   As a part time sound designer for a racing game myself, I can tell you first hand that just the TIME going into ONE car into for recording and game implementation and testing, is in the  dozens to hundreds.  And that assumes most of the game systems are already built.  

Most games are way too cheap, I'm telling you.  There are more game devs working for free than most people know.

The issue is more that we who bought the Deluxe Edition from the start, because we believed in the game and the DLC's, we have to pay a lot more than people waiting. I see games released in October, that's on the top sellers list on Steam with 10-20% off during the sale now. But I, with my Deluxe Edition have to pay full price for Season 3+4. The least they could've implemented was that owners of the deluxe edition would get some percentages off the 3+4. I mean, the Super Deluxe Bundle have additional price off due to it being a bundle. But as I own the Deluxe Edition, and not Deluxe Upgrade, I have to pay for the Deluxe Upgrade (which I have) as well, thus I won't get anything out of the Bundle-Rebate. While the Super Deluxe buyers now get DR2.0 with 70%, Deluxe Upgrade 50% and additional rebate on top of that for buying the bundle. It's ridiculous. It seriously angers me.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Myrvold said:

The issue is more that we who bought the Deluxe Edition from the start, because we believed in the game and the DLC's, we have to pay a lot more than people waiting. I see games released in October, that's on the top sellers list on Steam with 10-20% off during the sale now. But I, with my Deluxe Edition have to pay full price for Season 3+4. The least they could've implemented was that owners of the deluxe edition would get some percentages off the 3+4. I mean, the Super Deluxe Bundle have additional price off due to it being a bundle. But as I own the Deluxe Edition, and not Deluxe Upgrade, I have to pay for the Deluxe Upgrade (which I have) as well, thus I won't get anything out of the Bundle-Rebate. While the Super Deluxe buyers now get DR2.0 with 70%, Deluxe Upgrade 50% and additional rebate on top of that for buying the bundle. It's ridiculous. It seriously angers me.

I agree that it's pretty crappy that S3/S4 hasn't gone on sale (the S1/S2 pack went on sale at the end of S1, around or before S2 content was even made public), but I disagree with the idea that early supporters somehow *deserve* to get a discount on content that's released later. plenty of games have pre-orders. how many of them offer discounts like that on future content? pretty much just a few of the indie kickstarter-esque ones, whose existence depends entirely on how well the initial kickstarter campaign goes.

7 hours ago, ianism said:

I agree that it's pretty crappy that S3/S4 hasn't gone on sale (the S1/S2 pack went on sale at the end of S1, around or before S2 content was even made public), but I disagree with the idea that early supporters somehow *deserve* to get a discount on content that's released later. plenty of games have pre-orders. how many of them offer discounts like that on future content? pretty much just a few of the indie kickstarter-esque ones, whose existence depends entirely on how well the initial kickstarter campaign goes.

There's actually quite a few games that offers a discount for owners of previous editions. There's a reason why this is an actual option on Steam, the biggest/most known game that have done/does this is the Football Manager series. IIRC it was 10/15% off if you had the previous edition.

Again, S3+4 is in a bundle with DR2.0 and the Deluxe Upgrade and thus get a bundle-discount. For the Deluxe Edition (not upgrade) owners, it doesn't register as owning the Deluxe in that bundle, thus we have no other choice than buying S3+4 for full price, which people that doesn't own the game, or never bought S1+2/Deluxe Upgrade actually gets. It's not that we that bought in to the game and promise from the start don't get a price advantage that's the problem, it's the fact that we get a price disadvantage on the same product. How anyone can look at that and think that it is fine, I'm not able to understand.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Myrvold said:

There's actually quite a few games that offers a discount for owners of previous editions. There's a reason why this is an actual option on Steam, the biggest/most known game that have done/does this is the Football Manager series. IIRC it was 10/15% off if you had the previous edition.

Again, S3+4 is in a bundle with DR2.0 and the Deluxe Upgrade and thus get a bundle-discount. For the Deluxe Edition (not upgrade) owners, it doesn't register as owning the Deluxe in that bundle, thus we have no other choice than buying S3+4 for full price, which people that doesn't own the game, or never bought S1+2/Deluxe Upgrade actually gets. It's not that we that bought in to the game and promise from the start don't get a price advantage that's the problem, it's the fact that we get a price disadvantage on the same product. How anyone can look at that and think that it is fine, I'm not able to understand.

Football Manager? how could I forget such an icon of gaming? seriously though, if this is really the first thing that came to your mind, you just proved my point. plus, from the way you describe it, the discount seems to be for buying next year's version of the game when you have the current title. that's a different situation, because with sports games they're basically just updating the rosters every year, and maybe adding a couple of features if the devs are feeling adventurous. with those games, you generally are paying full price for a new game every single year, so I think it's pretty fair that the devs are giving a discount for people who stick with the franchise, even if they're still being sucked into buying the same thing every year lol. anyways, this is pretty different because it's extra content for a game that only comes out once every 4 years or so.

the second paragraph I agree with.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ianism said:

Football Manager? how could I forget such an icon of gaming? seriously though, if this is really the first thing that came to your mind, you just proved my point. plus, from the way you describe it, the discount seems to be for buying next year's version of the game when you have the current title. that's a different situation, because with sports games they're basically just updating the rosters every year, and maybe adding a couple of features if the devs are feeling adventurous. with those games, you generally are paying full price for a new game every single year, so I think it's pretty fair that the devs are giving a discount for people who stick with the franchise, even if they're still being sucked into buying the same thing every year lol. anyways, this is pretty different because it's extra content for a game that only comes out once every 4 years or so.

Enough of an "icon" that they sold over 2mill copies of FM19. With over 1.2 million people playing Football Manager 2018 in June of 2019 when the game was 7 months old. That's more than acceptable.
Indeed, but to equalize it between the new buyers and the Deluxe Edition owners, a 15% rebate for Deluxe Edition owners would be approx the same as you save with the bundle at the moment. This is possible in Steam, and wouldn't make Deluxe Edition owners pay more than non Deluxe Edition owners for S3+4. For me this is a poor job by Codemasters, but sadly, not surprising.

Edited by Myrvold

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Maybe season 3+4 will be reduced after the season contents have all been released.

I would think so. I'm holding off until I at least don't have to pay more than owners of any other edition of the game (including owners of the deluxe upgrade the also get some percentages off).

Edited by Myrvold