So season 3+4 is full price during the Steam sale...

Just checked this again during the Lunar Sale, and realized that at a point Codemasters put Deluxe Edition being 2 packages, but have failed to check that we that bought Deluxe Edition pre-release or extremely early have that Deluxe Edition, thus it's actually only the ones that put trust in Codemasters to buy the deluxe extremely early that don't get the package rebate that everyone else gets in the Super Deluxe Edition.

Lesson learned. Never buy Codemaster games at release.

SEASON 3+4 ARE ON SALE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

...although due to the slightly weird way the DLC works you'll need to buy the whole Year 1 (season 1+2+3+4) for £14.99, even if you have 1+2, as 3+4 alone is still £24.99 (UK prices)!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney how come pricing is like this, i.e. not dropping price of 3+4 alone? Even though I can get it cheaper now I guess I'll end up with a second spare license for season 1+2? Not sure how DLC works in this instance

1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

SEASON 3+4 ARE ON SALE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

...although due to the slightly weird way the DLC works you'll need to buy the whole Year 1 (season 1+2+3+4) for £14.99, even if you have 1+2, as 3+4 alone is still £24.99 (UK prices)!

It's old, we are waiting for second year! 😄

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

@PJTierney how come pricing is like this, i.e. not dropping price of 3+4 alone? Even though I can get it cheaper now I guess I'll end up with a second spare license for season 1+2? Not sure how DLC works in this instance

yeah it's on sale now. only 25% off, but better than nothing. 

I just noticed they have also reduced the base price from $34 to $29 (cdn).... should've been this price originally imo

image.png.d558b674ee9cf0adb5987926a17982b4.png

however, if you go to the page for the actual package it is still full price ($34), and as VI said the Y1 pack is listed at the same price that the S3/S4 pack was at above

looks to me like someone entered the sales number and new base price for the wrong product here. 

image.png.87763ba35d14f3018cf416769a21cf18.png 

well, if you have the base game, but not any DLC... now's the time! :classic_ninja:

Edited by ianism

31 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

And if I buy it, owning season 1+2 already, do I get a second license of season 1+2 to share?

no, you don't. I bought it 20 mins ago and there's a message saying you can't get the content twice

Damn, that's lame. Not just double-dipping, but you can't receive the double-dipped purchase.

I say that thinking of people like me who don't have the packed cars in their garage anymore. They're being paid for again, they should be given again.

(And this is the only way get those zero-stats historics.)

3 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

And if I buy it, owning season 1+2 already, do I get a second license of season 1+2 to share?

No. Because, if Codemasters had done thing right. Season 1+2 would've been highlighted as "owned" and removed from the pack-price when looking at it. However, this only happens for the ones that have bought 1+2 / deluxe upgrade as a standalone, and not the Deluxe Edition of the game, which I guess you have done if it doesn't register as owned.

Which has been the reason for my complaining here.

EDIT: Now I understand why more people are frustrated here. Both the Super Deluxe Upgrade thing, and Year One Pass have got 3+4 at a sale. But us suckers who actually bought the Deluxe Edition from the start, and thus only have 3+4 to buy, we don't get a sale. What the actual F is going on here? Now it is more a case of fairness than anything else.

@PJTierney Could you try and work magic towards whoever deals with this, because this is completely awful customer treatment.

EDIT 2: To further explain:

• Year One Pass - Which is a package of Deluxe Upgrade and Season 3+4, there is both the Deluxe Upgrade and Season 3+4 on sale. Thus you have a sale on both upgrades, and a small package rebate on top of that.
  • Super Deluxe Edition - Which is Main game+Deluxe Upgrade + Season 3+4. Game, Deluxe Upgrade and Season 3+4 is on sale in this package. Add in a small package rebate on top.
  • Season 3+4 standalone - NO sale. Same 207 Norwegian Money as it always has been.

Why not just buy one of the two with rebate you may ask? Because the Year One Pass costs 310 Norwegian. The Super Deluxe costs 345 Norwegian (which is funny, as it should be the same... due to Steam recognizing me owning DiRT Rally 2).
The issue being, the ones who bought DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition pre-release or release, we do not get the "Deluxe Upgrade (Season 1+2)" marked as owned in Steam, due to how Codemasters have put things. Even though we own them, have all the cars, stages, liveries etc. associated with Season 1+2, because - well, it was a part of the Deluxe Edition. Regardless, as Codemasters doesn't spend 5 minutes to fix this in Steam, the only way we can get S3+4 is to pay full price, with no sale, nor package rebate. While everyone who didn't buy the Deluxe Edition get both sale and package rebate.

Bloody nice way to treat customers.

Edited by Myrvold

I will reiterate what I said posted on Steam. Because the Year One Pass is on sale, it is the cheapest way to get Season 3+4. Even though I already purchased the deluxe edition of the game and already have Season 1 + 2, because Season 3 + 4 are not discounted on there own, it works out ~40% cheaper to purchase the pass than the individual 3 + 4 DLC. You will not get the 1 + 2 content again and there is no further discount off of the pass if you have it. However, this is the cheapest way to get 3 + 4 seasons, and it is the cheapest it has ever been. So thanks I guess codemasters for the sale, don't know why you couldn't just have discounted the standalone 3 + 4 seasons by 40% as this would have prevented any confusion.

9 hours ago, Modularis said:

I will reiterate what I said posted on Steam. Because the Year One Pass is on sale, it is the cheapest way to get Season 3+4. Even though I already purchased the deluxe edition of the game and already have Season 1 + 2, because Season 3 + 4 are not discounted on there own, it works out ~40% cheaper to purchase the pass than the individual 3 + 4 DLC. You will not get the 1 + 2 content again and there is no further discount off of the pass if you have it. However, this is the cheapest way to get 3 + 4 seasons, and it is the cheapest it has ever been. So thanks I guess codemasters for the sale, don't know why you couldn't just have discounted the standalone 3 + 4 seasons by 40% as this would have prevented any confusion.

11 hours ago, Myrvold said:

Season 3+4 standalone - NO sale. Same 207 Norwegian Money as it always has been.

as I've outlined above, the S3/S4 pack is on sale, they just seem to have made a mistake and put its (new, lower) base price as well as the sale price on the Year 1 pass. it'll get fixed soon, I think. 🙂

8 hours ago, ianism said:

as I've outlined above, the S3/S4 pack is on sale, they just seem to have made a mistake and put its (new, lower) base price as well as the sale price on the Year 1 pass. it'll get fixed soon, I think. 🙂

Might be, but 2 days after the initial sale period started (at least steamDB says 27th January). It should've been fixed if that's the case...

Seeing how it's been done earlier, I won't expect it to change sadly.

17 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

Might be, but 2 days after the initial sale period started (at least steamDB says 27th January). It should've been fixed if that's the case...

Seeing how it's been done earlier, I won't expect it to change sadly.

it really doesn't matter. you're still paying a reduced price for the S3/S4 content. sure you're technically paying for other things (that you already have), but you don't need it so it's irrelevant. I bought the pack yesterday, and it's super worth it.

7 hours ago, ianism said:

it really doesn't matter. you're still paying a reduced price for the S3/S4 content. sure you're technically paying for other things (that you already have), but you don't need it so it's irrelevant. I bought the pack yesterday, and it's super worth it.

I don't like to pay for the same things twice though... I might get price off S3+4 content, which I have done from every "package rebate". But at least on my Steam, I still have to actually pay for season 1+2, which I already paid for when I bought the deluxe edition. If season 1+2 had been removed from it due to me already owning it, like the base game is in the packages with the base game, that would've been different. But for me, it is not - and I would have to pay for season 1+2 as well as 3+4.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Myrvold said:

I don't like to pay for the same things twice though... I might get price off S3+4 content, which I have done from every "package rebate". But at least on my Steam, I still have to actually pay for season 1+2, which I already paid for when I bought the deluxe edition. If season 1+2 had been removed from it due to me already owning it, like the base game is in the packages with the base game, that would've been different. But for me, it is not - and I would have to pay for season 1+2 as well as 3+4.

it literally makes no difference. you don't actually get a second copy of the stuff you've already purchased. and even if it did, it would be easy to get rid of it again.

if this is really all that is preventing you from getting S3/S4, then I don't really see the point in continuing this conversation.

• Sad 1

On 1/30/2020 at 5:26 AM, ianism said:

it literally makes no difference. you don't actually get a second copy of the stuff you've already purchased. and even if it did, it would be easy to get rid of it again.

if this is really all that is preventing you from getting S3/S4, then I don't really see the point in continuing this conversation.

Seems like you fail to understand me. In bundles where you parts, the parts you own are not bought again. However, a package rebate is still applied. As Codemasters have NOT made it so Deluxe Edition owners are recognized as having the Deluxe Edition one would need to buy that again. 

If I were to add the Super Deluxe Edition in my cart, I would not pay for DR 2.0 again, however, I would pay for Season 1+2 again even though I own it. The same goes for Year Pass. I have to buy, as in pay for Season 1+2 again. Even though I own it.

You see the difference?

Compare that to e.g Euro Truck Simulator 2, if I were to buy the Essential Bundle there, I own 5 out of 6 things. Then those 5 are removed from the bundle, and the cost is of the parts of the bundle I don't own. And I get the package rebate on that one product. Because unlike Codemasters, SCS Software have actually recognized everything I already have paid for, and those are removed from the bundle. That way I don't have to pay for something I already have paid for, which I have to with DR 2.0

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Myrvold said:

Seems like you fail to understand me. In bundles where you parts, the parts you own are not bought again. However, a package rebate is still applied. As Codemasters have NOT made it so Deluxe Edition owners are recognized as having the Deluxe Edition one would need to buy that again. 

If I were to add the Super Deluxe Edition in my cart, I would not pay for DR 2.0 again, however, I would pay for Season 1+2 again even though I own it. The same goes for Year Pass. I have to buy, as in pay for Season 1+2 again. Even though I own it.

You see the difference?

Compare that to e.g Euro Truck Simulator 2, if I were to buy the Essential Bundle there, I own 5 out of 6 things. Then those 5 are removed from the bundle, and the cost is of the parts of the bundle I don't own. And I get the package rebate on that one product. Because unlike Codemasters, SCS Software have actually recognized everything I already have paid for, and those are removed from the bundle. That way I don't have to pay for something I already have paid for, which I have to with DR 2.0

nope, I understand you perfectly. the S1/S2 pass that you'd be paying for a second time is essentially wasted, since you've already got it. and you want a cheaper price on the Year 1 pass because you already own half that content.

but that's exactly why it doesn't matter. what you actually get from this bundle is only the stuff that you want. the rebate you feel you should be getting is, in practical terms, the price difference between what the S3/S4 pass has always been - 30Eur - and what the Year 1 pass is now - 15Eur (they discounted it even more on Friday the 31st). that's the 50% discount.

so my question is, would you be complaining right now if it was specifically the S3/S4 bundle that was on sale for 15Eur? if your answer is no, my response remains "so what? you're getting the same stuff." if your answer is yes, then my response is: lol, gamers are so entitled. get over it.

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

On 2 February 2020 at 4:17 PM, Myrvold said:

You see the difference?

I understand you brother,

i am in the same place,I have the day one edition,. Then I bought season 1 and 2 sale price £9.99 ,

and in order to buy season 3 and 4 ,its cost the same amount as buying the full game,

my advice is just wait until season 3 and 4 comes up in sale ,

i bought all the tracks anyway,.  So for me I am just missing certain events and liverys,

,why did I buy tracks that were not in with season 1 and 2 , £2.79 for a track was far cheaper because I didn't have the spare funds what with a mortgage and other grown up stuff, 

so just wait it will eventually be in a sale,

i thou can't wait for Colin McRae flat out pack , if you own season 1 and 2 you get that for free , 

3 hours ago, dani211212 said:

Once again, on US PSN  s1+s2+s3+s4 is 24.99, but s3+s4 is 29.99

it seems they have reduced the price for the Year 1 pack everywhere. in the Canadian PS store it's the same price as the S1/S2 pack, and cheaper than the S3/S4 pack. 

it feels like a mistake: at the moment, buying the Year 1 pack and base game separately (whether you're on Steam or PSN) is cheaper than buying the SuperDeluxe, even though in the PS store the Year 1 pass is not on sale and the SuperDeluxe edition is.

also, in the steam store, if you go to the SDE page, it lists the S3/S4 pack at $17.09, but when you go to the S3/S4 page, it's back to the old, much higher price, and offers you the Year 1 pack for $17.09.

SDE page

image.png.a6c8dd818176ceead293b59075bc5cb4.png

S3/S4 page

image.png.25a1d150560de2f33f9e4cbd52b04b1e.png

• Agree 1

RIght, it's all sorted out now! Season 3+4 is now just £9.99 in UK, with Year 1 £19.99 (up from £14.99 in sale).

So those of you (like me) waiting for a discount on Season 3+4 alone, now's the time! Or wait for a sale if you're that way inclined!

I just read the last messages, and what a nice way of screwing day one customers waiting for a season 3+4 sale!

Here's what happened, just a recap for those who missed it or didn't connect the dots (prices are in euro, but it was the same everywhere).

Day one of the sale, Season 1-4 @ 18.74 - I believe that's what most of us bought, even if we had Season 1-2 content which we were forced to throw in the trash, because of the sale price scheme (Season 3-4 alone was 29.99). Hey, finally a sale on Season 3+4 DLC how could we miss it? That's how the steam store works, blah blah blah.

After 3 days still on the same sale, Season 1-4 @ 14.99 - just like that, in our face.

End of sale, Season 3-4 @ 11,99 - wow, that was totally unexpected but I have to admit there's some genius in this move. So in the end Season 3-4 alone could be reduced in price, couldn't it? Deception is an art after all.

That's all.

Thanks to those who updated the thread and exposed what happened, I had no idea.

Edited by Shocchiz
  • Agree 1

On 11 February 2020 at 10:35 PM, VirtuaIceMan said:

RIght, it's all sorted out now! Season 3+4 is now just £9.99 in UK, with Year 1 £19.99 (up from £14.99 in sale).

So those of you (like me) waiting for a discount on Season 3+4 alone, now's the time! Or wait for a sale if you're that way inclined!

not  on the ps4 

ive just now checked price as I was about to buy season 3/4 for £9,99 and its not

.    Season 1/2  £21.99

Season 3/4 £19.00    Not £9.99 sadly, 

Year 1 pass ,    £15.99     Includes season 1/2/3/4 ,

so sadly not the £9.99 for season 3/4 , I guess I will wait until it's either free or £9.99 ,

codemasters I feel sure like a lot of other people who have to budget at times that you take advantage,

ive already bought season 1/2 ,   I  need seasons 3/4 to finish the collection and if you want to sell your customers extra stuff then makes sure you cater for people who've bought season 1/2 and are waiting for season 3/4.

you probably missed out on a lot of sales by playing it sly .

On 2/11/2020 at 10:35 PM, VirtuaIceMan said:

It's not.

It's only on steam .

Not on ps4 

I need season 3/4 £19.99 not in sale.

Season 1/2/3/4  £15.99 in sale .

What about the people who you got to buy season 1/2 in a sale several months ago. 

Please sort this out.

If you reduced season 1/2/3/4 pack to £9.99 then that's fair enough 

Only sense this makes of pricing structure is for sales team.

offering colin mcrae for free s good but i guess someone else has to pay for that lol