Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

So season 3+4 is full price during the Steam sale...

A giant middle finger to Day One Deluxe edition owners. You can have the Super Duper Deluxe Giant edition for Just a bit more, it's heavely discounted, but not the 3+4 season pass alone, that is at full price.

I'm done, it was a nice ride, please try not to be so greedy next time. I surely won't support DR and CM anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

I wonder whether there is gonna be a super super deluxe version, or super super super deluxe version?

• Agree 1

sorry to be harsh, but you don't seem to understand how the superdeluxe edition works. it's a bundle. here's a screenshot of what it looks like when you go buy it. [check below.] as you can see, you aren't actually getting the S3 + S4 pack discounted at all. instead, you're getting the base game and S1 + S2 packs at 60% and 50% off, respectively. and then there's another ~13% discount because you are buying a bundle, and that brings the discount to 40% off overall.

the Year Pass (S1-S4) is the same. it's 25% off, which is exactly half the discount you get for buying the S1 + S2 pack by itself. get it?

so yeah they don't want to put the S3 + S4 pack on sale yet, and the prices for the Year Pass (S1-S4) and Superdeluxe reflect that. DR2 and its (older) DLC was on sale last month too, for exactly the same prices. this is nothing new.

also, as you can see, I don't have the S3/S4 pass yet either. I'm waiting for a sale too. but I've been playing other games like AC Syndicate, CTR Nitro Fueled, Red Dead Redemption 1 and WRC8 while I wait. it'll come, just be patient, there will probably be another one for US black friday in 3-4 weeks 🙂 

image.thumb.png.c45f49a88e54e75713b520f9e4530971.png

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, ianism said:

sorry to be harsh, but you don't seem to understand how the superdeluxe edition works. it's a bundle. here's a screenshot of what it looks like when you go buy it. [check below.] as you can see, you aren't actually getting the S3 + S4 pack discounted at all. instead, you're getting the base game and S1 + S2 packs at 60% and 50% off, respectively. and then there's another ~13% discount because you are buying a bundle, and that brings the discount to 40% off overall.

the Year Pass (S1-S4) is the same. it's 25% off, which is exactly half the discount you get for buying the S1 + S2 pack by itself. get it?

so yeah they don't want to put the S3 + S4 pack on sale yet, and the prices for the Year Pass (S1-S4) and Superdeluxe reflect that. DR2 and its (older) DLC was on sale last month too, for exactly the same prices. this is nothing new.

also, as you can see, I don't have the S3/S4 pass yet either. I'm waiting for a sale too. but I've been playing other games like AC Syndicate, CTR Nitro Fueled, Red Dead Redemption 1 and WRC8 while I wait. it'll come, just be patient, there will probably be another one for US black friday in 3-4 weeks 🙂 

I actually understand how the bundle and additional discount works, but they could have decided not to apply and additional bundle discount and transfer it to the season 3+4 pass.

That would have been more fair, right?

But why treat our fanbase right when we can milk them? In the end, they preordered the game, they went through bugs, disconnection problems, the FFB fiasco and so on, they will surely be happy to buy, at any price, everything we throw at them. That's great business strategy if you ask me, it surely works wonderfully for me.

If that's ok for you, if you are glad playing other games while patiently waiting for them to bless us (day one owners and supporters) with a 10% discount after a year, I'm really happy for you, you'll have a great time when the time comes. Also, please consider buying the season pass at full price to support the developers and the company, they deserve our full support, there are so many other tracks and cars to "remaster" out there.

Edited by Shocchiz
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I was looking forward for discounted content from following seasons too and I feel dissapointed. I'd buy few cars for half the price.

• Agree 1

They can't win can they...

Game goes on sale 3 months after Feb release - "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GAME FAILED WHY WE PAY FULL PRICE REEEEEEEEEE"

DLC NOT on sale 1 month after DLC release - "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Y NO DLC ON SALE Y STILL FULL PRICE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

:classic_rolleyes:

• Agree 7

13 hours ago, Shocchiz said:

--wall of whining--

your original argument was that the season 3-4 pack was not discounted but the super deluxe edition was "just a bit more" even though it was double the price and the S3-4 pack that it included was not actually discounted.

so instead of admitting you were wrong, you come back with this "if you're supporting CM at this point you're a sheep" nonsense, which is an opinion which tries to nullify a debate you have already lost. in politics, I've noticed that the far right often use variants of this, with low degrees of success.

so no, actually, I am not obliged to hold the same opinion as you. and doing so does not make me a blind consumer.

your argument even contradicts itself in criticizing me for being patient and waiting for a sale by saying that I am supporting the evil devs blindly. if I was supporting them blindly, don't you think I would have bought the S3-4 pack when it came out at full price? [I am not saying that those who did that are sheep, this is just for the sake of argument.]

see @MattyH1812's post for future reference.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Regardless of the argument above, I hope the 3+4 season stuff gets a discount at some point; I like to pay around £25-£30 for a game, not so much for DLC that's a lot of stuff from DR1. Hopefully Black Friday might bring a discount?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ianism said:

your original argument was that the season 3-4 pack was not discounted but the super deluxe edition was "just a bit more" even though it was double the price and the S3-4 pack that it included was not actually discounted.

so instead of admitting you were wrong, you come back with this "if you're supporting CM at this point you're a sheep" nonsense, which is an opinion which tries to nullify a debate you have already lost. in politics, I've noticed that the far right often use variants of this, with low degrees of success.

so no, actually, I am not obliged to hold the same opinion as you. and doing so does not make me a blind consumer.

your argument even contradicts itself in criticizing me for being patient and waiting for a sale by saying that I am supporting the evil devs blindly. if I was supporting them blindly, don't you think I would have bought the S3-4 pack when it came out at full price? [I am not saying that those who did that are sheep, this is just for the sake of argument.]

see @MattyH1812's post for future reference.

You had me at "whall of whining" argument and you definitely won when referring to someone supporting your own argument in a childish way, so what else to add? Did you notice I said nothing about "sarcasm"? We don't agree, we never will, that's not the end of the world. I mean, really. If you want to enlight me more on far left speeches tecniques or politics in general please PM me, I guess no one is interested here.

The fact is: both of us, with such different opinions, here from day one, still haven't bought the package. Facts are facts, right? I'd say we are both losing here.

Maybe and just maybe it's a sign something in wrong in pricing/content/how they handled and keep handling the whole thing. And maybe CM should consider that. Or not, I know they never will, but why not hope for the better? Also consider that "whining" still is something more than patiently waiting for anything to happen.

Edited by Shocchiz

On 10/30/2019 at 5:34 AM, Shocchiz said:

You had me at "whall of whining" argument and you definitely won when referring to someone supporting your own argument in a childish way, so what else to add? Did you notice I said nothing about "sarcasm"? We don't agree, we never will, that's not the end of the world. I mean, really. If you want to enlight me more on far left speeches tecniques or politics in general please PM me, I guess no one is interested here.

The fact is: both of us, with such different opinions, here from day one, still haven't bought the package. Facts are facts, right? I'd say we are both losing here.

Maybe and just maybe it's a sign something in wrong in pricing/content/how they handled and keep handling the whole thing. And maybe CM should consider that. Or not, I know they never will, but why not hope for the better? Also consider that "whining" still is something more than patiently waiting for anything to happen.

there are more options than 1) whining like you and 2) being patient and saying nothing. constructive criticism is something I do a lot here. when Seasons 3 and 4 were announced I posted at least once talking about how the price was too high for the amount of content (especially rally content, which people play much more than RX) we were getting over these 6 months. I also have made a lot of posts in the suggestion box, some of which have been implemented into the game.

Matty's post was alluding to the hypocrisy and childishness of topics such as this. he was being critical of them. he was not being childish himself.

so yeah. if you behave like a child, you will be treated like one. you started this thread with a post talking about there not being a sale for something that had been out for less than 2 months, and saying you're going to quit the game. you then responded to me with a post that was 100% sarcasm. just because you do not say a thing is sarcastic does not make it not sarcastic. if you really do not know what the word means and how it applies to your post, PM me. I can explain it to you.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, ianism said:

there are more options than 1) whining like you and 2) being patient and saying nothing. constructive criticism is something I do a lot here. when Seasons 3 and 4 were announced I posted at least once talking about how the price was too high for the amount of content (especially rally content, which people play much more than RX) we were getting over these 6 months. I also have made a lot of posts in the suggestion box, some of which have been implemented into the game.

Matty's post was alluding to the hypocrisy and childishness of topics such as this. he was being critical of them. he was not being childish himself.

so yeah. if you behave like a child, you will be treated like one. you started this thread with a post talking about there not being a sale for something that had been out for less than 2 months, and saying you're going to quit the game. you then responded to me with a post that was 100% sarcasm. just because you do not say a thing is sarcastic does not make it not sarcastic. if you really do not know what the word means and how it applies to your post, PM me. I can explain it to you.

EDIT: Why did I come to the official forum to argue with a teenage fanboy? I don’t know, my bad.

Sorry, man, that’s not something for me, not anymore.

Edited by Shocchiz
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

On 10/30/2019 at 12:39 AM, VirtuaIceMan said:

Regardless of the argument above, I hope the 3+4 season stuff gets a discount at some point; I like to pay around £25-£30 for a game, not so much for DLC that's a lot of stuff from DR1. Hopefully Black Friday might bring a discount?

That's a strange price for top games. $100+ is fair price for that content. I paid $100 for Horizon 4 and it's pretty cheap for the content. DR2 is great simulator and the price looks very fair at least too.

• Like 1

The S1+S2 DLC package (Deluxe Upgrade), didn't go on sale for 3 months after release in late May, even though the full bundle of the base game+deluxe (Deluxe Edition) was on sale a month prior in early April.

We're still only 2 months and some change from the introduction of S3+S4 (Aug 26th). It will likely see the first discount during the upcoming holiday / Thanksgiving / xmas sales if they stick to a similar timeframe of S1+S2's separate discount. Bundles of everything are always different, and are there to entice those who don't have the game at all yet.

9 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

That's a strange price for top games. $100+ is fair price for that content. I paid $100 for Horizon 4 and it's pretty cheap for the content. DR2 is great simulator and the price looks very fair at least too.

I believe what he means is he doesn't find so much value in recycled content, and I agree.

In the end it obviously isn't about money itself, as many of us spent (and will spend) a lot more for a single rfactor 2 / iracing track or car, but there's a lot of quality in there, something some of us don't really find in DR2 recycled content.

Also (and I obviously I speak for myself) there's the aspect of how I was treated as a "PC first day deluxe edition owner" when:

- pc pass is more expensive than the console one

- day one deluxe owner are charged more than anyone else

- the whole "we forgot to tell you there will be more than 2 seasons and that you will be locked away from D+ events without the current pass"

Is this a fair treatment to your (already small) fanbase? I believe it isn't.

So the season pass not being on sale is TO ME the latest wrong decision in a serie of bad prior decisions, that's what is all about.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Shocchiz said:

I believe what he means is he doesn't find so much value in recycled content, and I agree.

In the end it obviously isn't about money itself, as many of us spent (and will spend) a lot more for a single rfactor 2 / iracing track or car, but there's a lot of quality in there, something some of us don't really find in DR2 recycled content.

Also (and I obviously I speak for myself) there's the aspect of how I was treated as a "PC first day deluxe edition owner" when:

- pc pass is more expensive than the console one

- day one deluxe owner are charged more than anyone else

- the whole "we forgot to tell you there will be more than 2 seasons and that you will be locked away from D+ events without the current pass"

Is this a fair treatment to your (already small) fanbase? I believe it isn't.

So the season pass not being on sale is TO ME the latest wrong decision in a serie of bad prior decisions, that's what is all about.

It depends. I agree with many things. After all DR2 is great game and $200 is OK for me, for instance. It has a lot of trouble too but what game doesn't? I would like to play games from great developers but it's not how it works today. Many games are completely broken day 1. Many are not fixed after one year. From that perspective DR2 is above average and still it's best game in its field.

I didn't know about PC pass but still PC version is very problematic (what I saw) and much more expensive to develop. But it's simulator, you want PC players with their crazy driving rooms. Still, the price could be much higher because of troubles with them 😄 I read many bugs I haven't seen. PC development is always very problematic. That's the reason why I moved 10 years ago to consoles.

Day one deluxe owners is a serious trouble. It's like they don't care about real fans. It's pretty bad. I came later so everything's fine for me but I understand that.

Untold DLC is not good too. At least they could support real fans more - discount solves everything.

So yeah, I agree with you. But real world is not that shiny so it's good we have that game at whatever price 😄

6 hours ago, Shocchiz said:

the whole "we forgot to tell you there will be more than 2 seasons and that you will be locked away from D+ events without the current pass"

They didn't forget to tell you, because they didn't know. The release of extra seasons depended on sales figures.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

They didn't forget to tell you, because they didn't know. The release of extra seasons depended on sales figures.

Sure, so you need to favour your real fans.

real fans do matter if they are major target. If game is targeted to masses then real fans are in minority. Then who cares... 

At the end real fan will buy again or he is no real fan anymore. Still doesn't matter. There are hundreds of thousands who will buy. 

• Agree 1

On 11/5/2019 at 2:47 PM, Shocchiz said:

EDIT: Why did I come to the official forum to argue with a teenage fanboy? I don’t know, my bad.

Sorry, man, that’s not something for me, not anymore.

hahahaha excuse me? teenage? you're the one starting a thread whining about something that just came out not being on sale. I'm explaining why that is silly.

it is ironic that ultimately the only response you have to that is that I am a teenage fanboy. that is a juvenile argument.

• Agree 4

14 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

real fans do matter if they are major target. If game is targeted to masses then real fans are in minority. Then who cares... 

At the end real fan will buy again or he is no real fan anymore. Still doesn't matter. There are hundreds of thousands who will buy. 

This is not COD or even Horizon. Not many people would buy DR2. Even with the trial nobody from my friend list cared and they played Forza and many other cars before. DR2 is for fans mostly so you need to care about them a lot. Not many casuals will help you with sales 😄 The next release could be being fair to real fans and increasing price if it's necessary.

Edited by Johnnnn

I'm guessing fanbase is about several hundreds maybe a few thousands of users. The tittle sells in a several hundreds of thousands at start and reaches 1mln+ lifetime.

I don't think anyone does care about 0.1% of users.

And... please keep in mind my previous post was meant to be sarcastic 😉 Unfortunately it's not far from reality.

I think it was that minority that requested a sequel of Dirt Rally. Codies delivered, so saying that they don't care just doesn't compute. 

• Agree 1

Codies "delivered" because of money (or other values which turns in money after time). Please don't be naive assuming opposite.

Of course Codies sell games for money. What do you think, it's a free service for your personal entertainment? Doesn't change the fact that Codies listened to their community and made another game after they had actually announced that there was no further DR planned. 'They don't care' still doesn't compute. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 4

On 11/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

I'm guessing fanbase is about several hundreds maybe a few thousands of users. The tittle sells in a several hundreds of thousands at start and reaches 1mln+ lifetime.

I don't think anyone does care about 0.1% of users.

I think you're wrong though.  The more hardcore fan base are the ones who stick around to provide positive and negative feedback.  And so that is a large influence for how the develper adjusts things going forward as it's info they can use to improve the product and deliver future stuff.   Yes the other people matter as they also provide feedback en masse in Steam etc where specific things are mentioned over and over very briefly but as a collective.  They watch this too.       But yeah, the point is that the hardcore fans do get listened to because they're more knowledgeable on the game, the issues, and they report issues more precisely and less offensively as well.    (most of the time)

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 4