Sign in to follow this  

Game won't start after update

So what happened it worked fine before the update now it won't even start up. I am on xbox

Edited by NoSskilz
  • Agree 1

Hey Codemasters,  

I have just updated the new GRID and now it wont load up.  It shows the loading picture (the one on the box) then goes black and goes back to the XBOX dashboard.  

I've deleted the game and am now REinstalling it.  Hopefully it loads up.  If not I guess I'll have to call Microsoft and see what they can do.  

10 minutes ago, TheAggravator said:

Hey Codemasters,  

I have just updated the new GRID and now it wont load up.  It shows the loading picture (the one on the box) then goes black and goes back to the XBOX dashboard.  

I've deleted the game and am now REinstalling it.  Hopefully it loads up.  If not I guess I'll have to call Microsoft and see what they can do.  

OMG!!   If the game doesnt start after you have installed a patch , thats nothing to do with microsoft surely , it must be down to CM to fix.

Edited by Madmaz116

They killed GRID.  It was bad enough with the ridiculous multiplayer.  Now it is a "noplayer" game.  Doesn't run on my xbox one X

2 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

OMG!!   If the game doesnt start after you have installed a patch , thats nothing to do with microsoft surely , it must be down to CM to fix.

I know, but I cant call Codemasters.  This is going to take another patch.  Which is going to be a week minimum.  Probably going to take 2 weeks.  

28GB of 43 downloaded...  I'll post on here if it loads up.  Doubt it though.  I only bought the game 3 days ago.  This really sucks.

2 minutes ago, TheAggravator said:

I know, but I cant call Codemasters.  This is going to take another patch.  Which is going to be a week minimum.  Probably going to take 2 weeks.  

28GB of 43 downloaded...  I'll post on here if it loads up.  Doubt it though.  I only bought the game 3 days ago.  This really sucks.

the whole game sucks mate.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Holybeer said:

Wow

Glad i'm still at work. So the update broke the game ? 

I think it may have been broken slightly before, but yes it seems so.  Cant even play career. 

Edited by TheAggravator

Same issue on PC - click an event and as is it runs through the grid order the sound cuts out a bit and crashes to desktop with below error.

image.png.3cc6bb1c62af01d4f718d7f7ed8ebc2d.png

53 minutes ago, NoSskilz said:

So what happened it worked fine before the update now it won't even start up. I am on xbox

Same issue for me.... not loading on xbox.

Was this patch not tested?

• Agree 1

Did anyone turn up to work at Codemasters this morning?  Is this the work of a disgruntled employee? 

Some comment from anyone @Codemasters would be awesome.  

Thanks. 

• Agree 2

Just now, TheAggravator said:

Yes it seems so.  Cant even play career. 

Meh. That's really bad. I don't know what happened with this dev team. Dirt and stuff is really amazing and now we got a game, rushed in every way possible. I don't want to be rude, but this game is (imo) still in beta. 

I would not be mad at this game if it was an Early Acces on Steam. Sadly, it's full priced. People left the game within the very first days and all that amateurism doesn't help the game. 

Microsoft have asked me to re install the game and try it again.  They say if it doesn't work they will refund my money.  Or I can wait for an update to the game.  🙄🤔🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - just confirming that Version 1.1 of GRID is now deploying on all platforms 🙂

Xbox players - we're aware that there's an issue causing you to be unable to access the game after downloading the patch. We're looking right into the root cause of this, and working on a solution to get all Xbox players back into the game. Thanks 🙂

@gaski > 

Edited by Ak1504

1 hour ago, NoSskilz said:

Thanks @Ak1504 - as above, we're looking into it right now. Whether the issue is stemming from our side or otherwise, we're working on a solution as we speak. Thank you 

• Like 2

Im sorry Codemasters but this level of blunder is unacceptable.  Refund has been requested. "Software is not fit for purpose".   

I've been through every step Microsoft can think of, its not on their side.  The problem clearly lies with your update.  Which has snapped your software in half rendering it not fit for the purpose it was created and sold for.  Thus validating any claim for a refund. 

May I suggest if you ever make another game, especially a GRID game,  when YOU the studio has decided its finished, put it out as a beta and let the players decide.  You may like to take the risk with your companies bank balance, but I'd rather not take risks when it come to my hard earned cash.   

If you had finished the game in the first place this situation would never have arisen.  

I am now officially a Former customer.  I will be hesitant about being a future customer.  You really should take note of that last comment the future of your company depends on it. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheAggravator said:

Im sorry Codemasters but this level of blunder is unacceptable.  Refund has been requested. "Software is not fit for purpose".   

I've been through every step Microsoft can think of, its not on their side.  The problem clearly lies with your update.  Which has snapped your software in half rendering it not fit for the purpose it was created and sold for.  Thus validating any claim for a refund. 

May I suggest if you ever make another game, especially a GRID game,  when YOU the studio has decided its finished, put it out as a beta and let the players decide.  You may like to take the risk with your companies bank balance, but I'd rather not take risks when it come to my hard earned cash.   

If you had finished the game in the first place this situation would never have arisen.  

I am now officially a Former customer.  I will be hesitant about being a future customer.  You really should take note of that last comment the future of your company depends on it. 

To be honest, i've uninstalled the game because of the broken mechanisms. I was about to resell the game to my game store but i ended up reinstalling it. I'm so disappointed, angry about this game. I won't buy CodeMaster games anymore. It's been a very long time since I didn't preorder a game (maybe 10 years). Won't happen again. 

• Agree 1

I was 82% done with the horrific Around the Globe achievement, hoping to be done with this garbage game forever in the next couple days. Now I can't finish it for who knows how long until they get another patch out. 100% the worst Codemasters experience I've had. It's sad because they've put out so many good games but they really just phoned this one in.

Yup, they killed it good...  mine just updated 15 minutes ago.. on load it just jumps to a black screen then back to main Xbox360 screen... that was 45 quid spent badly...  No word from them what they did and why the **** is the update still being pushed out if it is a POS bit of code...…  poor, very poor... especially as people seem to have been reporting this for 6+ hours.... 

5 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks @Ak1504 - as above, we're looking into it right now. Whether the issue is stemming from our side or otherwise, we're working on a solution as we speak. Thank you 

Sorry you have to deal with this Chris. It really is a sad state of affairs.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BlacklistGT1 said:

GRID won't load on Xbox One Everytime I click on it it goes to the title screen and then takes me back to the main menu 

Hey there - yep that lines up with what we're seeing from other Xbox players. We're doing all we can resolve the situation and get players back into GRID. Thank you 👍

Got the game yesterday,not happy codemasters.Fix it asap plz.Took me a while to work out why it would not work,but found out here.ffs.