DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

AFTER UPDATE Game wont start.

The game has just been updated but it simply wont load up anymore. 

This is happening on the Xbox One X for me.  

It tries to load, just shows the loading screen picture and then goes black and im back on the dashboard as if I never loaded the game.  

Please fix this CM.  I want to play.  

The same happened to me. I downloaded the Update today and after that i cant start the game anymore. I own the Disc-Version!

Same here with an Xbone X. Just quits after the loading screen.

Disk version. Preorder stuff installed. So on internal storage. If they information helps? 

They are aware of this issue on Xbox...

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 1

Same here on French xbox one x game version 1.3.111.9335 ...

Empty and unfinished game crash at launch ... 

CM is copying "HELLO GAME - NO MAN SKY" 

Sell a demo as AAA and take 4/5 years for debug and add what is on the poster ...

I hate this century ...

• Agree 1

Its realy ridiculous. 

CM develop a patch that destroy the game-start.

Sorry CM guys, that is so stupid. 

• Agree 1

Same problem here, game won`t start on XBox One X after the new update. A had never such a problem with other games. A restart of the console don`t solve it.

Very sad

Bad thing is that the patch was still deploying 6 hours after people reported it cr4pping out their games... killed mine at the +6 hours from first report marker.. wish I had read the forum before letting the p155 poor patch get anywhere near my xbox1....   poor testing and even poorer concern for impact and reputation..  you don't get this with Forza.. 🙂

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dg1234567890000 said:

Bad thing is that the patch was still deploying 6 hours after people reported it cr4pping out their games...

Made the update 2 hours ago..  I think the faulty patch is still available.

Ok glad to know I am not not alone tried launching the digital game on my x and nothing.  Cannot even get to black background with red Codemasters screen craps out.

I'm now having the same exact issue, here on PC. Start the game, stays on a black screen and crashes.
Using an 8 GB Nvidia RTX 2070, Intel i7-8700 @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

I'm on Xbox One, and experienced the problem with the game not starting after the update. Since the patch, it now starts, but crashes immediately after qualifying for a race, on the results screen, same place every time. I've had the game for 6 days now, and it's been unplayable for 4 of them. What gives?

14 hours ago, Noiryork said:

I'm on Xbox One, and experienced the problem with the game not starting after the update. Since the patch, it now starts, but crashes immediately after qualifying for a race, on the results screen, same place every time. I've had the game for 6 days now, and it's been unplayable for 4 of them. What gives?

Hello - we're investigating this right now (players experiencing crashes on different platforms, at the same point in the game). Could you please confirm that you experience the crash at the same point in the game each time (after qualifying, before a race)? Thank you 🙂 

7 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - we're investigating this right now (players experiencing crashes on different platforms, at the same point in the game). Could you please confirm that you experience the crash at the same point in the game each time (after qualifying, before a race)? Thank you 🙂 

I can confirm that the game always crashes in the same place: on the results screen after qualifying for a race. I have tried clearing the console's cache; the crash still occurs.

My Game crashes on PC, directly after starting the game when the monitor is full black.

Here the error message:

Grid (2019) has stopped working

Access violation at address 0x5184ea28 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x68ea28.
Grid_dx12.exe

Using a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, Intel i7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, Philipppowitsch said:

My Game crashes on PC, directly after starting the game when the monitor is full black.

Here the error message:

Grid (2019) has stopped working

Access violation at address 0x5184ea28 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x68ea28.
Grid_dx12.exe

Using a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, Intel i7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

I am very angry and disappointed now… over a week is over and no help from a supporter here… i still have the same error file...