Sign in to follow this  

Unlimited seat position + FOV adjustments

I think it would be nice for a lot of people (including me) to move the seat position with no limit in every direction (front, back, up, down, tilt).

It would create the possibility to set everything in line with your Simracing setup.

Right now the possible movement is way too small to create an immersive position 😞

Also the FOV slider should be replaced with a number setting, otherwise this is useless.

And the FOV should be also adjustable unlimited,

because the lowest possible FOV setting is not enough for most setups if you want to go correctly.

It's a small suggestion but it would be a big gamechanger if you could make this happen Codemasters 🙂

Best regards,

HomieFFM

Edited by HomieFFM
  • Like 3

This. Or maybe not unlimited but increase the allowed movement a lot, and allow movement backwards and down from default position. I play with the narrowest FOV and with some cars I can't get an ideal seat position because I can't move it enough. With some cars the default position is too much forward, which would not be much of a problem if I could move it backwards, but I can't for some reason.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

This. Or maybe not unlimited but increase the allowed movement a lot, and allow movement in any direction from default position. I play with the narrowest FOV and with some cars I can't get an ideal seat position because I can't move it enough. With some cars the default position is too much forward, which would not be much of a problem if I could move it backwards, but I can't for some reason.

... so another good thing would be if the game would save the seat position for each car individually (if this unlimited or increased seat position is possible).

Maybe there is some sort of limitation in the basic code of DR 2.0.

It would be nice to hear if this is even possible (and maybe a thing for the future) or not possible at all. 🕵️‍♂️

Edited by HomieFFM
  • Like 1

Doesn't the game already save the seat position for each car individually? I have adjusted seat position for some cars, it is saved, whereas other cars are default position

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Doesn't the game already save the seat position for each car individually? I have adjusted seat position for some cars, it is saved, whereas other cars are default position

Yes you are right, it saves it already individually  😄

Nice job! Problem solved. Case closed. 😄

• Disagree 2

13 hours ago, mesa said:

Nice job! Problem solved. Case closed. 😄

Wha? The problem that the position adjustment is very limited is not solved. For example if you could move the position backwards from the default positionl, then you wouldn't have to suffer a cockpit view that looks like this:20191030210506_1.thumb.jpg.d732ff4bf6f8351e9bf1de84fd9ed4c2.jpg

Try reading the posts well enough to have a clue what the thread is about before making some "clever" comment

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

There is still nothing changed for this seat position stuff... It's so frustrating, in every other sim you have the chance to setup the seat/view position however you want with no limitation.

Another big problem are those limited FOV options. This slider is like a bad joke, why doesn't you work with any numbers? ''narrow - wide'' like come on....

You should be able to set a number because the FOV is a calculated number and not a option you should setup by feeling.

I would really like to know why this limited pitch movement and up and down movement for the seat postion even exists? This doesn't make any sense.

I'm done with Dirt games, after racing in ACC or Raceroom where you can setup everything correctly with no limitations I can't go back to this wrong FOV and seat position stuff from Dirt Rally 2.0 ...

Sorry to say this, but all those limited half hearted setup options are screaming: ''Arcade!'' and destroying an otherwise good rally sim ;( 

Edited by HomieFFM
  • Like 1

I really would like to know if there is even something planned to improve those basics.

Like FOV + seatposition are the most important things before you even start a Sim.

Only in Arcade like games this doesn't play a role, which is fine. But I thought this would be a sim...

Sorry that I sound like a crybaby, I really want to play this sim and buy the latest content,

but this limited seat/fov thing keeps me away from dirt 2.0 at the moment ;(

Edited by HomieFFM