DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×

After update Grid crashing to desktop after every race

The first patch seemed to fix my issues at the time but then this new patch comes out and now every time I finish a race, I get a crash to desktop.

I have a RX 580 using driver 19.9.2 (installed clean today).

Using Windows 10 (up to date)

I have a few different controllers.  Fanatec elite pedals, Logitech g920 (using wheel and shifter), and a DIY arduino handbrake.

I have 16GB ram and Ryzen 5 2400g.  I just realized that my onboard video card was not disabled.  I have disabled that and will test again. (Stupid HP MB won't let me disable the onboard video)

On an MSI utra wide 3440x1440 monitor @ 100hz.

My system has been working fine with Dirt Rally 2.0 and a lot of other games so I'm pretty sure the issue is not my system.  This is the only game giving me trouble.

Is anyone else having similar issues?  The race is fine, but once I get into the after race screens it crashes to desktop.  There doesn't seem to be a specific after race screen that does it.

Including my crash dump info.

Thanks!

B

crashrpt.xml

hardware_settings_config.xml

• Like 1

Having similar issues on a Ryzen 5 1600. Game worked perfectly without a single crash before the update but I have a lot of crashes now

For me the crash happens during the game launch for most of the time. Rarely do I even get to do a race and even when I do, sometimes the game crashes during the race as well.

Oh well....

I tested with my onboard video disabled in windows.  Still crashing after every race.

I agree with Kolbuddy, this really seems to be an issue in their code rather than the video drivers.  When I first got the game it would crash when starting most races unless I ran at 1920x1080 @ 60hz.  Codemasters kept telling me that it was because I have multiple sound cards (for bass shakers).  I insisted that all my other games (including dirt rally 2) work fine with my sound cards.  So I just got used to playing at 1920x1080@60hz until the first patch came out.  Then all of the sudden I was able to play at 3440x1440@100hz.  Go figure...  I'm really regretting getting the ultimate edition if this is the kind of quality I can expect with each patch.  I really don't want to have my game broken every other patch.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, Troxx said:

The first patch seemed to fix my issues at the time but then this new patch comes out and now every time I finish a race, I get a crash to desktop.

I have a RX 580 using driver 19.9.2 (installed clean today).

Using Windows 10 (up to date)

I have a few different controllers.  Fanatec elite pedals, Logitech g920 (using wheel and shifter), and a DIY arduino handbrake.

I have 16GB ram and Ryzen 5 2400g.  I just realized that my onboard video card was not disabled.  I have disabled that and will test again. (Stupid HP MB won't let me disable the onboard video)

On an MSI utra wide 3440x1440 monitor @ 100hz.

My system has been working fine with Dirt Rally 2.0 and a lot of other games so I'm pretty sure the issue is not my system.  This is the only game giving me trouble.

Is anyone else having similar issues?  The race is fine, but once I get into the after race screens it crashes to desktop.  There doesn't seem to be a specific after race screen that does it.

Including my crash dump info.

Thanks!

B

crashrpt.xml

hardware_settings_config.xml

Hi there - we're investigating the reports of crashes across different platforms right now and will pass on information when we have it. As you're playing on PC, please check that you are running updated drivers; over 50% of the PC crash reports we receive are due to drivers not being updated 🙂 aside from that, we'll keep investigating. Thank you 

I will make sure to tell everyone i can to stay far away from this game and your practices in the future. Name one other industry that can get away with this!

Is this still happening for anyone else?  I'm about to just give up on the game.

I cannot complete a race so the game is pretty useless to me.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:33 AM, Troxx said:

Is this still happening for anyone else?  I'm about to just give up on the game.

I cannot complete a race so the game is pretty useless to me.

Yup going on 2 weeks for me! Tried for refund and denied multple times.. ANger is beyond words. I work hard for my money to be ripped off!

Hey there - more feedback and tests are ongoing today to see if we can find out more about PC crashes. Any and all data is useful for this - the top comment here with driver/hardware details and the crash report, for example, is super useful. So if you're still experiencing this issue, drop those details in this thread please. Thank you 🙂

Just bought the game on Steam. Running on Windows 10 fully updated with latest Nvidia drivers.

The game crashes after the first intro race every single time.

I have sent the crash reports.

So almost 4 weeks without being able to play this game.  I'm about to give up on it.  Too bad.

Is there any way to revert to a previous version with Steam?

If you are still looking for more feedback, load the game up on Stadia and watch the game crash after completing your first career race. I was really looking forward to playing this game. it ran great on stadia. Thankfully i was still within the refund window and got my $60 back.