F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

[GRID 2019] Way less credits in free play mode events after patch 1.1

I noticed that the amount of credits in free play mode events got reduced by alot after patch 1.1

So custom events are completely not worth the effort and so the mode is pretty much useless atm.

I compared full grid events in career and free play mode with identical settings:

Time attack:

screenshot_20biujv6.jpg

screenshot_26bpcke7.jpg

Race:

screenshot_27bh1kqo.jpg

screenshot_28bofk8k.jpg

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 4

They also changed the career mode credits, I used to run the tuner showdown event a couple of times to buy some cars as that event gave around 145.000 credits every run. Now it has been changed to 45.000 credits.  

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

I took a break from the game and just came back to check out patch 1.1. lol

Instantly noticed the credit nerf and did a search that landed me here.

Seems ridiculous,  I sure dont want to grind for cars now. 

@ChrisGrovesMCMWhy nerf credits codemasters? Hopefully just mistake? This cripples the game for me. :classic_sad: 

Edited by I. SoSlo
  • Agree 1

They over nerfed credits for sure. Basically you gain the 10% of other modes... hope they change it, maybe 50% may be more fair.

• Agree 1

@ChrisGrovesMCM What about this issue ? I mean the free play mode is pretty useless if i get less credits than in career mode... And i can still not choose how many laps i want to do in career and in free play a i can but get punished for using it with way too less credits ? Makes no sense to me...

Edited by Ak1504
  • Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, Ak1504 said:

New week new try 😄

@ChrisGrovesMCM What about this issue ?

I've put in the question and awaiting some more info. Will let you know when I hear more (probably tomorrow) 

• Like 2

So there's certainly been an intentional change to the credits hand-outs in different modes in updates, as we aim to strike a balance between giving players fair rewards, and not fast-tracking their progress too much. 

What we saw from GRID on launch is that the credits being handed was simply too high; players were able to unlock and use the most desirable cars in the game quicker than was intended. Since then, tweaks have been made to improve that balance. So it's not an issue or bug, it's by design - but we're obviously happy to take on feedback on how players find the current balance. 

I can also look to get confirmation, before there's any major update in the future, on if any further adjustments are being made. 👍

Just look at my screeshots. 6K career race and not even 500 credits for the exact same event in freeplay. Thats insane. No one will drive 10-15 times more races to get to the same amount of credits as you get in the career. Thats way too less credits in free play mode and way too much grind. It feels like a punishment for using free play mode if you ask me.

• Agree 4

@ChrisGrovesMCM Hi Chris, I know it's new year and you are probablt busy but I have posted in various places about fanatec issues  my CSW 2.5 on xbox one x was working fine before s1 update and now is useless with no feeling in any instance. is someone actually taking note of this?? what is being done here?

• Agree 1

Career still gives way more credits than free play, I don't see how this change prevents people from unlocking cars too fast. All they have to do is play a few career events.. pays out easily 10x more than free play.

All this is currently doing is ruining free play.

• Agree 1

10x more ? Last time i played I got 50000 credits for a 3 lap career event and 99 !!! credits for the same in freeplay... It´s just ridiculous... This mode is ruined..! And no one from CM or the community managers seem to care about... 👎

Or am i wrong ? @CMTGK

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 2

I know it's a very low payout but 99 seems extremely low lol... what place did you finish? 🙂 and if you can remember.. Track/car, I'm not sure what affects the payout tbh.

I'm not sure what the logic behind payouts in career mode is either, some car class/event types seem to pay out way more than others. For example compare 1st two races in Touring cars to 1st two races in Invitational category... massive difference in payout.

You'll always get more credits for completing the Career event for the first time and won't earn as many by simply recreating the same event in Freeplay. If you could earn just as many credits in Freeplay as Career, you'd have less of an incentive to play Career mode.

As @ChrisGrovesMCM mentioned above, there was a change made to the number of credits issued but comparing a Career payout to a Freeplay payout isn't a fair comparison.

I'm going to do some digging as to whether there needs to be some tweaking to the distribution of the credits in general (multiplayer payouts are low, as well). Whatever I find out, I'll report back here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thing is that the amount of credits before the patch was fine and fair and the game mode was fun. Just reverse the "fix" and make that game mode fun again.

That "fix" just makes absolutely no sense and as said before feels like a punishment for using the freeplay mode.

That game has more than enough issues an all ends so why ruin it more as it already is ?

Edited by Ak1504
  • Thanks 1

Advanced issues found

🤝

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

🤝

Advanced issues found

🤝
On 12/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

What we saw from GRID on launch is that the credits being handed was simply too high; players were able to unlock and use the most desirable cars in the game quicker than was intended. Since then, tweaks have been made to improve that balance. So it's not an issue or bug, it's by design - but we're obviously happy to take on feedback on how players find the current balance.

As mentioned here, @Ak1504, it's important to point out that this was an intentional change. The credits initially issued were too high (you shouldn't get 50K credits for a 3 lap race, unless for maybe a Showdown). However, for me to put a decent case to development in looking to get this amended I need facts and reasoning as to why it's unfair/too low. For example, let's say there was a 15-lap Freeplay event on Hard that only gave you 1,000 credits for example for coming 1st - I'd say that would probably be too low.

For Freeplay, please show examples, and use something like this as a template rather than just complaining:

- Platform playing on
- Track/route used
- Car class used
- Number of laps
- Difficulty
- Assists used

Screenshots are always useful, unedited footage even more so.

@CMTGK From my experience AI difficulty, assists and/or race length multiplier (from career) don't affect payout at all (or very little)

The 1st two Invitational races (Mini Cooper) easily payout 30K or more for 3 laps or so unlike the two first races in Touring cars, those pay a lot less.

I wonder what do you (CodeMasters) consider to be a fair reward for doing the exact same race (Mini Cooper) in free play? 10%? 20%? 50%? I will do this test later this evening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMTGK said:

You'll always get more credits for completing the Career event for the first time and won't earn as many by simply recreating the same event in Freeplay. If you could earn just as many credits in Freeplay as Career, you'd have less of an incentive to play Career mode.

But Career mode is nothing more as a bunch of separate Freeplay events? Am I missing something here?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CMTGK said:

For Freeplay, please show examples, and use something like this as a template rather than just complaining:

How about if you just scroll up this thread ? Examples are already in post 1.

Do you need more examples ? Just let me know and I as a enduser will spend my free time for the team to gather infos. 😄

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CMTGK said:

it's important to point out that this was an intentional change

Why is that important ? It was wrong because it ruined a game mode.

• Agree 1