F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

[GRID 2019] Way less credits in free play mode events after patch 1.1

Currently career vs free play

First invitational event (Mini Cooper on San Francisco Short Circuit B)

1st place career (not counting cost or teammate, to have a consistent comparison) = 18,750 CREDITS

1st place free play (again, not counting cost or teammate earnings) = 782 CREDITS (only 4.17% of career mode)

this is on hard difficulty, no flashbacks, no ABS, no TC, no stability control, no racing line, manual shifting, interior cam, terminal damage enabled.

All we are saying is that THERE IS A HUGE GAP between career and free play.. We get it, you want us to prefer career mode, but can we please have a more reasonable difference? only 4% payout means we have to spend +-25 times more time to unlock a car for same amount of effort?

703860_20200224202116_1.png

703860_20200224202616_1.png

703860_20200224202651_1.png

• Thanks 3

@tourist Thx 🙂

Wow 892 Credits... Must be fun to save up for an 750000 Credits car 😄

Also weird that you get -50% Credits if you drive a career event a second time and so on... Kinda also feels more like a punishment as an reasonable game design decision lol

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, tourist said:

We get it, you want us to prefer career mode

I say NO to this. I paid for this and I want to decide how to play the game. And i want to use the freeplay mode to create my own events and get a fair amount of credits for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Tried different mode... haha if you thought 4% was bad.

Sydney Motorsport Park - Gardner GP Circuit (3 laps) Time Attack event

- career earnings (not counting cost, teammate earnings): 58,594 CREDITS

- free play earnings (again not counting cost, teammate): 782 CREDITS (only 1.33% of career)

If we were to take into account cost/teammate earnings the difference is even bigger..

703860_20200224211217_1.png

703860_20200224211935_1.png

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CMTGK said:

complaining

Sry but if you look up to the date when this thread was made, when that "intentional change" happend it says October 30th 2019 so of course i complain because the game has an ruined game mode since 4 month...

Same with the not usable cockpit cam since 4 month...

In case you missed it please take a look here: 

• Agree 1

@tourist - This kind of replicating, stats, and comparison are super useful, thank you very much for this. 

I agree, the payout in Freeplay is too low based on what you've shown here. You would expect the Career payouts to be higher than Freeplay (otherwise this would lessen the incentive to play Career) but these Freeplay payouts should, in my opinion, be higher. I've already got some of our team actively looking at this.

Can you confirm whether the figures above are based on your completing that Career event for the first time or have you completed these events already and are re-completing them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CMTGK said:

I agree, the payout in Freeplay is too low based on what you've shown here. You would expect the Career payouts to be higher than Freeplay (otherwise this would lessen the incentive to play Career)

But the Career events are exactly the same as the Freeplay events. What is so special about the Career mode that warrants a higher payout?

Again, what am I missing here?

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, RipHawk said:

But the Career events are exactly the same as the Freeplay events. What is so special about the Career mode that warrants a higher payout?

Again, what am I missing here?

Career events unlock more than just credits (some give liveries, badges etc.) and offer some exclusive one-on-ones (like with Alonso) and races against Ravenwest that you can't replicate in Freeplay.

3 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Can you confirm whether the figures above are based on your completing that Career event for the first time or have you completed these events already and are re-completing them?

@CMTGK My career was already 100% finished/gold.. so all of these were repeats.

• Thanks 2

So every race you did 2nd time is basicly -50% credits... So its around 0,5% of the career mode credits you get in free play mode atm 😄

• Agree 1

Yes, replaying a Career event will give you half the credits you got completing it the first time around.

• Disagree 1

I just played for an hour with one of those online stream 40 racer events and had lots of fun. The only thing I didn't like was losing $3500.  Sure I hit alot of walls and I'm still learning. It's definitely a disincentive to play multiplayer when I lose $100-500 a race. Certainly there needs to be balance. But we don't need to kick those on the lower end of the leaderboard either.  

Haven't forgotten about this 🙂

Downloaded the patch. Time to test this topic 🙂

Posted (edited)

Looks like on the first glance but tbh i could not find the R32 Touring car that @tourist used in the pic so i drove the Super Modified R32 ^^

Edited by Ak1504

Hopefully @tourist sees this and appreciates the changes 🙂