Codemasters Extends F1 contract for another 8 years until 2027

They have signed contract for another 6 years until 2025 with an option for a further 2 year on top of that until 2027 with Codemasters, F1/Liberty media are really happy with the game saying "Together we share a common vision for increasing the global appeal of F1" Proving that there accesabiltiy of this game in letting casual and new F1 fans have fun is the key strategy and its working, increasing year on year 

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/10/codemasters-extends-formula-1-partnership/

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bad news...

another 6 years with copy paste games, not fixing important issues, ignoring their customers

• Agree 16
  • Disagree 4

1 minute ago, Roberto31 said:

Bad news...

another 6 years with copy paste games, not fixing important issues, ignoring their customers

With the option they have its 8 years 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Roberto31 said:

Bad news...

Codemasters trackrecord of the past 10 years were dire and disappointing, only since 2016 we got a few features from year to year that made the game more attractive.

But still a huge list of industry standardized features are missing.

Maybe with the arrival of the new generation of consoles, PS5/XboxScarlet, and the possible switch to a fully new game engine, we will get a F1 game that does almost everything right.

My guess, F1 2020 will not be available for the new gen consoles, but F1 2021 is gonna be the jump towards a new era.

Either way, this is disappointing to know that Codemasters, once again, got exclusive rights to the F1 licence and that no other game studio will be there to compete.

I smell "disaster" lurking around the corner and a horde of "sheeplets" that will suck up to it regardless of what type of "disaster" is awaiting us.

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

#VoteWithYourWallet 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 5

I see this as a good thing, it is a sign of stability, its not an "up in the air, who knows" thing.

Codies has a stable amount of time to keep up the good work, they do have big issues in some areas but the basis is already here, look at the AI, the best of any game, still needs work? Yes but its head and shoulders above any opposition. Things like safety car are important for immersive play but lets be honest, there are more important things at the moment and it is here at least, but I'd like to see more work on the frame rate and graining first. A smooth game makes a huge difference in enjoyability. All the extras can be optimised bit by bit. Like me wanting to see a create your own team in career, I really really want to see this in the game but I can wait, as long as its on the table as a possibility while other areas are ironed out. And not rushed. You'd need to think about what chassis you would start with and being able to choose the engine supplier as well as how you can evolve the car in R&D with these parts. But that is part of the excitement thinking about it!

Another area is assistance in racing, no other racing game has anything even close to this F1 game in assistance, they could do with a detailed tutorial on perfecting starts, smooth shifting, component care and management etc. But the ability to turn down a game to anyone's level is pretty impressive to be fair to Codies. It presents a more reachable game and therefore more revenue for evolutionary future releases like 2013 for classics, 2016 with R&D and 2018 for aggressive AI who actually fight for position. These are all big impressive cheer worthy milestones. Now 2019 has custom liveries and suits (alas only for online)! We get F2! AND a more smooth graphical look!! So looking back, the game IS evolving well.

Now we see what they can do with 8 more years with Liberty who are thankfully really doing great at publicising F1 for all! They have been such a blessing already! We already know from the Mayans that privatising everything only ends in everyone's demise! Who knows what the future holds.. Real F1 drivers saying it feels real? F3? Super Formula? Custom .. everything? 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I remember back in the day, when Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series went head-to-head with EA's F1 series, with other licensees like Eidos' F1 World Grand Pri, Ubi Soft's F1 Racing Championship, etc.

In fact you can compare most PC titles (not all, as I have a few still to add from more recent times) on my YouTube playlist (press play then the forward/backward buttons to step through the games, or the playlist icon top-right). Currently 129 games included:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Laserscanned tracks at some point perhaps?

"We listen to the community and are working diligently to bring the most accurate F1 experience. Proudly, we are introducing more purchasable skins."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Words fail me...

8 years of not buying this game potentially await.

Edited by ChasteWand
typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

There's a good reason why we don't allow presidents to serve more than 2 terms (8 years approx), even the good ones! Stale thinking and new ideas are essential for growth. Plus self complacency thrives on guaranteed job stability. I hope this announcement makes codies staff sit up and want to strive for better innovation and NOT sit back, high 5 each other and smirk they've done enough and that's all that counts. 

Seems they (FOM) and Codies very happy that the dumbed down (sorry but it IS dumbed down considerably from real life) esports series is now reaching younger players not just F1 fans. This sounds like classic corporate demographic bs sorry. Quaility has never been synonymous with catering for the younger age groups. Simplicity, less challenge and looser rules /restrictions is how you achieve a younger demographic. Not being agist at all, I think everyone whatever their age should be able to have fun in a major racing game. I just don't think it's good for the sport to celebrate mediocrity which is exactly what is happening now. T-cam alone makes it laughable. What next, shorter races and simplified tire wear? 

Anyways, I'm just ONE F1 and racing nut. Codies please make a game that I want to buy and play again as I have temporarily suspended purchasing any other F1 game until it impresses me. Yes IMPRESS me dont just SATISFY me with something acceptable. When I was younger (not a kid lol but in my 30s) new racing games blew me away and I'd race home from work to play them in my lunch hour. Please make one of these again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Looks like my wallet will be staying in my pocket for another 8 years then

I remember when F1 2015 was gonna be the jump towards a new era .....am still waiting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Well, that's not buying f1 games anymore until 2027.

At least for as long as CM still have the license. 

CM please delete my account from your forums, I don't want to have anything to do with this worthless developer anymore, who never listens to their customers and doesn't care about anything what we say.

so long!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

This is a sad day.  Formula 1 deserves a sim, and not year after year of arcade games.  I wish two developers had the license, just like the NBA games for instance (2K vs Live)

• Agree 5

I owned the games since 2009 from Codemasters. I have driven 9 seasons in a league. But to be honest. I’m on a point where I can’t be happy about this news. I mentioned many things that upsets me in my latest posts. 

And Codemasters confirmed my current feelings with their shameful twitter response to some players:

We are talking for more than 3 years now about how messy the Safety Car is. Giving us such a messy response is just embarrassing and a slap in the face of every player. Because they are acting like this problem wasn’t ever mentioned by the players. While we are not given any response or talk what they are working on next.

I just have wished that another developer is given the license. I think in a battle between two companies that producing a Formula 1 game, the one who benefits would be the player and the game. Because with pressure from rivals, one Monopol Company could not afford to be lazy anymore could not afford to ignore some of the voices of the players.

Sorry Codies. I was even a beta tester in 2016-2018, and always tried to help you guys with my feedback. But I‘m on a point where I’m not happy about this news and would even sit out for one year without a game, If we would get a Company that actually are listening to their players.

I’m also very very concerned how the new 2021 regulations will be implemented in the game ( I only say this years handling that acts like a car before 2017) or the rate of bugs on a then-possible new console. (Remember F1 2015).

Edited by Jaketa
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

This is indeed great news! This game must be a very profitable venture for them to extend that far into the future, which means they must be anticipating an expanding fan base as fans of the sport are probably only now learning through advertising that with an Xbox or Play Station they can play and predict right there in their own living rooms in each exciting race weekend.. I think Codemasters have done an excellent job with this game. Keep coding! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 10/31/2019 at 3:12 PM, VirtuaIceMan said:

Laserscanned tracks at some point perhaps?

Don't know how many times this has to be repeated, but before the launch of F1 2019, we were told by Lee Mather that the designers had LIDAR data of Paul Ricard that they could use 🙂 

• Agree 1

Just look at the bright sight; they have another 8 years to deliver the perfect game. I’ll be 66 by then and hopefully still enjoying it despite the occasional bugs. I enjoyed most of the releases and had a lot of fun improving myself over the years. You’re allowed to shoot now...😇

Edited by 1512marcel
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was hoping PD stepped in & gave it a try or both compete to produce the best ..

Tell the truth I won't be buying a PS4 4 now so if I don't see another f1 by cm on the PS4 I'll just play my GT since it been updated & running for over 2yrs

Competition is a good thing

Edited by Hygradeb
  • Agree 1

Police Department? #Hygradeb what do you play GT on?

Not sure rivalries work like that in gaming, they tend to be opposites and stay that way. FIFA vs PES. EA vs 2K etc. They produce the same game, one dends to be more sim and the other arcade but both also tend to have good and bad aspects, rather than come together and bring the best of it. That's why I think Codies are good for this, they are doing pretty good for a game that combines the serious dedication of sim with the fun ease of arcade. Of course there is work to be done if they want to be an ultimate sim but it could be far worse in the hands of other companies I can think of.

The core game is fine, every game has pros and cons.

Some of the decision makers need to be elsewhere, though.  

Laser scanned tracks are non negotiable.

Take the sim crowd at least half way seriously rather than giving them the finger...lobbies with no assists, including exterior cams. 

Those two right there would go a long way.