Codemasters Extends F1 contract for another 8 years until 2027

On 11/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, UP100 said:

Don't know how many times this has to be repeated, but before the launch of F1 2019, we were told by Lee Mather that the designers had LIDAR data of Paul Ricard that they could use 🙂 

That is all well and good, 1 track.... People are asking for lazer scanned tracks, not "a" track. It aint no authentic experience if the tracks are all over the place.... In fairness if Codemasters have had exclusive rights to this franchise since 2010, they more than certainly have the budget to lazerscan the tracks. 

3 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

That is all well and good, 1 track.... People are asking for lazer scanned tracks, not "a" track. It aint no authentic experience if the tracks are all over the place.... In fairness if Codemasters have had exclusive rights to this franchise since 2010, they more than certainly have the budget to lazerscan the tracks. 

We do not know how many of the tracks (and what parts of it) were designed with LIDAR data.

Also Codies got their first profits in 2016 after half a decade of losing money 🙂 

• Disagree 1

On 31 October 2019 at 10:19 AM, TomAAA said:

They have signed contract for another 6 years until 2025 with an option for a further 2 year on top of that until 2027 with Codemasters, F1/Liberty media are really happy with the game saying "Together we share a common vision for increasing the global appeal of F1" Proving that there accesabiltiy of this game in letting casual and new F1 fans have fun is the key strategy and its working, increasing year on year 

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/10/codemasters-extends-formula-1-partnership/

Good luck codemasters, hard core fans only have to wait it appears 6 weeks from any codemasters games being released from brand new, 

then after 6 weeks all there games are half price, 

just look at the new grid , now on psn store almost half price,

keep up the hard work codemasters and the queen will award you a knighthood for services to there loyal subjects ,codemasters customers.

Strictly the FIA's fault. Nobody else is interested in the license because of the costs involved and because of the FIA's demands. Simple as that. Kunos, SMS and the like have all repeatedly rejected the offer. The one time a developer accepted an offer for a license that CM was holding (WRC), the FIA happily handed it over to them and took it away from CM. The FIA should've learned something from that, but sadly they did not, and so this is what we're stuck with.

I'd love to see a studio like Reiza collaborate with the guys behind Motorsport Manager to put out a racing-management hybrid with Sega's support. The end result would probably put CM in serious financial danger.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, UP100 said:

Don't know how many times this has to be repeated, but before the launch of F1 2019, we were told by Lee Mather that the designers had LIDAR data of Paul Ricard that they could use 🙂 

That's fine, but the rest aren't! There are plenty of games with laserscanned tracks (maybe not every circuit, but many). When I watched Lando Norris playing Montreal finding it surprising that the track had hills in the wrong place, etc, and saying iRacing is better (laserscanned) then it tends to reflect badly on the official F1 game!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 9:49 PM, ChironTheseus said:

Police Department? #Hygradeb what do you play GT on?

Not sure rivalries work like that in gaming, they tend to be opposites and stay that way. FIFA vs PES. EA vs 2K etc. They produce the same game, one dends to be more sim and the other arcade but both also tend to have good and bad aspects, rather than come together and bring the best of it. That's why I think Codies are good for this, they are doing pretty good for a game that combines the serious dedication of sim with the fun ease of arcade. Of course there is work to be done if they want to be an ultimate sim but it could be far worse in the hands of other companies I can think of.

I was not even thinking about that ..

General game quality features alone PD can do better they take time and get things right.

I just got GT the other day to me it felt better than F1 2019 & it's two years older but still getting stronger.

For years CM give you a so called new game but not much has changed.

Either make good base like PD did and yearly monthly give us free updates.

I paid full price for the legend version and I feel ripped off.

I paid £20 for old GT and I feel I got the deal off the year and would happily to pay more.

Like it's said competition improve people!

Let CM & PD both have a chance to prove who cares & listen more.

• Like 1

I thought somebody posted that it was extended for six years, eight years is evern better, so as long as Lee Mather remains at the helm of this operation all should be well.  I look forward to some fresh surprises for 2020's game, as he keeps raising the bar with each title resease. Yep, all is well here with this Studio. 

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, UP100 said:

We do not know how many of the tracks (and what parts of it) were designed with LIDAR data.

Also Codies got their first profits in 2016 after half a decade of losing money 🙂 

Well unfortunately and with all due respect  that's codemasters problem. They still charge enough for their games and people spend there hard earned money on the them. Don't get me wrong though, i enjoy 2019 as a single player experience in GP mode as i don't have a lot of time to invest n the game. But as the official F1 game surely they need the official F1 tracks? Without laser scanned tracks in my opinion it is not official....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

Well unfortunately and with all due respect  that's codemasters problem. They still charge enough for their games and people spend there hard earned money on the them. Don't get me wrong though, i enjoy 2019 as a single player experience in GP mode as i don't have a lot of time to invest n the game. But as the official F1 game surely they need the official F1 tracks? Without laser scanned tracks in my opinion it is not official....

Considering there is no way they're getting their hands on actual current car data, laser scanned tracks should be THE priority. 

Basic tuning is also absolutely unacceptable. Same camber and toe settings hold world records on speed tracks like Monza as well as technical tracks like Monaco. That shouldn't happen if there was an ounce of effort put into an Official F1 game.  Extremely low ride height with the softest spring settings also should not happen, ever. Not even with 0 downforce. 

It's frustrating because they obviously put a ton of time into the game. Rather than work on fundamental needs, they bring Butler and Weber so we can have a career without 3 (including the seat the user takes) real world drivers right off the bat.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Considering there is no way they're getting their hands on actual current car data, laser scanned tracks should be THE priority. 

Basic tuning is also absolutely unacceptable. Same camber and toe settings hold world records on speed tracks like Monza as well as technical tracks like Monaco. That shouldn't happen if there was an ounce of effort put into an Official F1 game.  Extremely low ride height with the softest spring settings also should not happen, ever. Not even with 0 downforce. 

It's frustrating because they obviously put a ton of time into the game. Rather than work on fundamental needs, they bring Butler and Weber so we can have a career without 3 (including the seat the user takes) real world drivers right off the bat.  

"Extremely low ride height with the softest springs settings ..." 

SMFH....... 

• Agree 2

On 11/9/2019 at 5:22 PM, DaleRossi said:

The problem with time trial is that the tires stay a contact 100c have no wear and the track is at its peak always. Regardless of what settings you choose the fastest (settings) will always be the fastest over a single lap when nothing changes in overall grip levels for the car. I would really like to see CM remove the TT option of everything perfect and have it just like a Qualifying 3 session, where everything comes into play, regarding tire wear, break temps, full damage, etc etc. Having people bouncing off the walls in Monaco while still be able to set a laptime sais it all really. Why exactly is time trial set like this?

One reason and one reason only, to keep people playing and coming back for that fix of beartng the fastest guy while still clipping the barriers without worrying in the slightest about damage. They need to give us a time trial option where everything is set exactly like a GP session...... That would show who is quick over a single lap that's for sure.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

With all the negative hoopla in this thread, you'd think that folks complaining here will just not buy the game, but they do buy it, and each year keeping coming back for more.  So lower your harping and carping and just enjoy the game for pete's sake! 

9 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

With all the negative hoopla in this thread, you'd think that folks complaining here will just not buy the game, but they do buy it, and each year keeping coming back for more.  So lower your harping and carping and just enjoy the game for pete's sake! 

Still not bought this game, even when they reduced price on steam.

Decided to try other things, been shafted too many times by codies, never again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, audacious said:

Still not bought this game, even when they reduced price on steam.

Decided to try other things, been shafted too many times by codies, never again

Ditto.

Havn't purchased in a way that means codemasters get my cash for years. Shoddy product.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Not true, many here don't fit that and rightly so. This is the first one I've purchased since 2013 and it will be the last one until they fix the fundamental flaws. 

Laser scanned tracks and No Assist lobbies, or at least an Option to lock exterior cams.  There are many more incredibly poor decisions that hurt this brand, but those are very basic and have been for over a decade. Especially in an "official" F1 game.

• Agree 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:11 PM, Jaketa said:
And Codemasters confirmed my
current feelings with their
shameful twitter response
to some players:

Wow! That's the obviously reason why they ask to post your feedback on the forum: To ignore it!

They just began thinking they're gods. I would post my feedback about GRID Autosport in the forum, but this is a waste of time to do.

Because in the game, from PC/XBOX 360/PS3, they set an unfair XP points system and almost all of the players don't take the club leaderboard serious.

For example (nothing about F1, just showing a non-cautious from Codemasters with your recent games) a club called GR8 (GR8BOOSTERS) only makes XP boost in the personalised match with numerous 1 lap ovals tracks. Codemasters should set playlist events (random games) as Ranked Match and Personalised events as Unraked (as they did with Dirt 2 and 3).

And the funniest part is to see a guy who keeps defending it as great jobs of Codemasters with the online system of this game and keep singing "#1 club" as the honorable thing to take seriously (since they only can make boost on ovals events and can lose numerous matches in corners tracks).

Showing the great boosters team leader:

989781703_Screenshot_2019-10-07-21-01-35(sized).png.8bd443af4933ec7ca7f20c1951a20aa2.png

Edited by GGVSTOCA3