Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters New Contract with F1 !!!

I think it is Very Good News !!! 

F1 2019 is a huge step forward from F1 2018 !!! Just think about it a little bit what we got this year ... dont just think about that what we did not get.

• Graphically is more better then F1 2018, like sitting from Rokit Williams to Mercedes AMG Petronas
  • A.I. is also better this year, better in defense and better in overtaking 
  • Formula 2 (2018) and Formula 2 (2019) with full drivers and cars list 
  • Career Mode Driver Transfers ( Mid Season + Off Season, Only Off Season and we can turn it off totally)

I think F1 2020 will be an updated version of F1 2019, because in 2020 December Play Station 5 is coming. So in F1 2020 they must to update all bad things from F1 2019 and add some customisation like : Weather changes in Career Mode, Equal Cars in Grand Prix Mode, Custom Driver Selection in Grand Prix, A.I. Engine Failures Turn Off option ...

F1 2021 will be the huge step forward again, beause of the new Play Station 5.

I also want Moto GP Series from Codemasters !!!

Edited by TheSerbian
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

First F1 game I've owned since 2013. It was behind the times then and it is at least a decade behind now, other than graphics and weather. 

Laser scanned tracks..no excuse to not have them.  There are entirely too many fundamental flaws with this game. 

• Agree 3

Started buying F1 games again in 2017 after 10 years racing others. Stopped in 2019 as started to believe "you've seen ONE Codies F1 game you've seen them ALL". Won't be buying another until I've tested it first as did not even enjoy driving 2019 at all, which I think is pretty important in an F1 or ANY racing game. Idgaf about looks I'm moving too fast to notice as long as my cockpit view looks realistic. I don't need ultra up to date liveries and driver names at all, I have an imagination I'm here to race fast thats all. If the cars are a blast to drive I literally don't care if they if they are pink, blue or black with white stripes or have monkey liveries. I hate the halo too lol I don't believe virtual drivers need safety equipment at all and don't care if the real cars have them I don't chase the impossible pointless goal of needing to look like I'm in a real car.. 

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THE ACTUAL RACING..... >.<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Started buying F1 games again in 2017 after 10 years racing others. Stopped in 2019 as started to believe "you've seen ONE Codies F1 game you've seen them ALL". Won't be buying another until I've tested it first as did not even enjoy driving 2019 at all, which I think is pretty important in an F1 or ANY racing game. Idgaf about looks I'm moving too fast to notice as long as my cockpit view looks realistic. I don't need ultra up to date liveries and driver names at all, I have an imagination I'm here to race fast thats all. If the cars are a blast to drive I literally don't care if they if they are pink, blue or black with white stripes or have monkey liveries. I hate the halo too lol I don't believe virtual drivers need safety equipment at all and don't care if the real cars have them I don't chase the impossible pointless goal of needing to look like I'm in a real car.. 

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THE ACTUAL RACING..... >.<

Project Cars has a generic formula one type car, perhaps you would be happier there.

2 hours ago, chen255 said:

Project Cars has a generic formula one type car, perhaps you would be happier there.

Got it... Played it... Tuned it... Loved it... Now where's the t-shirt lol?!? 

For real I like the open wheel new and classic cars in pcars way more than any of the official F1 cars. They feel 'real'. Plus KERS is a blast..... Shame DRS is simplistic though.... You can use it anywhere! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

For real I like the open wheel new and classic cars in pcars way more than any of the official F1 cars. They feel 'real'. Plus KERS is a blast..... Shame DRS is simplistic though.... You can use it anywhere! 

So you’re set then. No need to worry yourself about the codies F1 series because you have PCars👍

Edited by chen255

9 hours ago, chen255 said:

So you’re set then. No need to worry yourself about the codies F1 series because you have PCars👍

Nope... I still 'worry' about the F1 series because F1 is my favorite motorsport and the only sport I will watch every session of whenever espn stop shuffling it around minor channels just to get more cable subs. There's even more incentive to worry about it when the only devs who are allowed to make it have become lethargic and release new game plus versions each year instead of actual NEW games. 

It's called PASSION and when you have that about something I believe you need to speak out to make things better. Sorry but I'm not going away just yet! 

:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Nope... I still 'worry' about the F1 series because F1 is my favorite motorsport and the only sport I will watch every session of whenever espn stop shuffling it around minor channels just to get more cable subs. There's even more incentive to worry about it when the only devs who are allowed to make it have become lethargic and release new game plus versions each year instead of actual NEW games. 

It's called PASSION and when you have that about something I believe you need to speak out to make things better. Sorry but I'm not going away just yet! 

:classic_cool:

I share your passion, but we must be realistic. the game is a **** just because even the real one is going towards the dunghill, so doing 1 + 1 = one disaster after another.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

I share your passion, but we must be realistic. the game is a **** just because even the real one is going towards the dunghill, so doing 1 + 1 = one disaster after another.

Good point about the snorefest that F1 irl is becoming but that's why games should be more fun by DEFINITION! I mean it's the licensing **** that is ruining gaming. Every darn design decision has to be run by the contract to check it falls in line with the real world license. Let's say just to make it fun the devs wanted to add nitro in lobbies for a blast. Not allowed to. Make driver heads extra big? Can't do it. Add extra famous tracks... Can't do it... Make the cars of people who constantly ram others online explode spectacularly whilst their smoldering corpse gets mashed into the track surface by vengeful drivers... Can't do it..... Well that last one might be too much but you get my point. Games are just simply not FUN anymore they spend too much time trying to make it look and feel like the real thing when it should just be a blast to drive from start to finish. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Agree 10000%. Open wheel in Assetto feels far better, too.  

I realize CM has no interest in doing much beyond making an arcade racer. That's too bad because F1 deserves a more serious representation. If they want to do the corny stuff, just release Lego F1 and make even more $$$.lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Agree 10000%. Open wheel in Assetto feels far better, too.  

I realize CM has no interest in doing much beyond making an arcade racer. That's too bad because F1 deserves a more serious representation. If they want to do the corny stuff, just release Lego F1 and make even more $$$.lol

Actually I think it would be impossible to make a sim of the current seasons mainly because the teams are so secretive about their internal car designs. It would of course be magical... Imagine having access to the real Williams specifications and desperately trying to get a single point with it! 

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

Actually I think it would be impossible to make a sim of the current seasons mainly because the teams are so secretive about their internal car designs. It would of course be magical... Imagine having access to the real Williams specifications and desperately trying to get a single point with it! 

Lmao MAYBE an alien could with a Williams..maybe a point.lol

I mean more for physics and track accuracy and maybe a lobby or two for no assists. 

• Agree 2

guys, the solution is very simple. to call people capable of developing a racing game, eliminating youtubers as developers and even participating or participating in esport. you need capable people, not those who don't do ****, and above all, if they really want to expand the community, they have to interact with us all, I'm not saying h24 but office hours for example 9 am to 5-6 pm.

Edited by advanceapple
  • Disagree 1

I don't see the post I attempte to do from my mobile here so here goes again.  I've been playing the Codemasters F1 game since it's debut on XB1 in 2015 and each year since then the game has steadily improved for the better, not for the worst as most of you are implying here. F1 2019 represented a sea change in the terms of graphics and content and the new multiplayer FIA build regulations car that levels the playing field in terms of power.  Yeah, the game is not perfect, but for the main content it delivers and Codemasters are on the right 'track' here.  I guess with a six year license renewal the game is reaping financial profits and is probably set to cater to a larger fan base due to cool on-track advertising during F1 races. And with XB2 and PS5 about debut opening up new coding avenues to be exploited, we can only expect this game to get better and better each year. As an F1 fanatic, I will continue to plunk down $60 USD yearly for this game - nice job Codemasters.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

VERY Good News, Codies Have Made F1 Its Home And I Can't Wait For The Future F1 Games With The Possibilities Of Even More Customisations Such As Creating A New F1 Race Track, Your Own Designed Helmets, More In-Depth Custom Liveries, AND More Also I Want The Damage Model To Have A MASSIVE Improvement With Everything On The Car Possible To Break. ALSO Another Huge Thing I Want Especially For Playstation 5 Versions.

A 1st Person Free Roam In The Paddock, Pits, Grid AND Podiums For Career Mode Interacting To Fans, Team Bosses, Liberty Media, Drivers, Pundits, Celebs AND More. 

I Want To Create A Race Track And Add It Into Career Mode.

Creating Liveries For Each F1 Team Every Season, With New Sponsorships Offers On Each Cars.

8 hours ago, SamReaN said:

VERY Good News, Codies Have Made F1 Its Home And I Can't Wait For The Future F1 Games With The Possibilities Of Even More Customisations Such As Creating A New F1 Race Track, Your Own Designed Helmets, More In-Depth Custom Liveries, AND More Also I Want The Damage Model To Have A MASSIVE Improvement With Everything On The Car Possible To Break. ALSO Another Huge Thing I Want Especially For Playstation 5 Versions.

A 1st Person Free Roam In The Paddock, Pits, Grid AND Podiums For Career Mode Interacting To Fans, Team Bosses, Liberty Media, Drivers, Pundits, Celebs AND More. 

I Want To Create A Race Track And Add It Into Career Mode.

Creating Liveries For Each F1 Team Every Season, With New Sponsorships Offers On Each Cars.

On the topic of "I Want To Create A Race Track And Add It Into Career Mode." Unfortuntely this is not Forza Horizon - no this will happen, very unrealistic. 

Lol AI is better ? Most of the time the AI seems to pretend i dont even exist, i go for a overtake and even when im halfway past the car im overtaking they still turn into me like im not even there.

The AI has always sucked and will always suck.

15 minutes ago, Nythial said:

Lol AI is better ? Most of the time the AI seems to pretend i dont even exist, i go for a overtake and even when im halfway past the car im overtaking they still turn into me like im not even there.

The AI has always sucked and will always suck.

It depends completely on the situation, so linking videos to a feedback thread could be appreciated 🙂