PS4 Grid crashes

Hi, after the update Grid crashes alot more randomly on my PS4/

Ultimate edition

18 hours ago, 053 said:

Hi, after the update Grid crashes alot more randomly on my PS4/

Ultimate edition

Hey there - we're looking at these reports now so we can investigate - it would really handy if everyone experiencing this could give us some more information please? Such as:

- Where in the game you're experiencing the crash

- If the issue consistently occurs at the same point in the game 

- If you're using any wheels/pedals/peripherals 

Thank you 🙂 

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there - we're looking at these reports now so we can investigate - it would really handy if everyone experiencing this could give us some more information please? Such as:

- Where in the game you're erandomlyxperiencing the crash,

Thank you 🙂 

- Where in the game you're erandomlyxperiencing the crash, Random but more often in between the time before the races begin

- If the issue consistently occurs at the same point in the game , nope as i said, random

- If you're using any wheels/pedals/peripherals, iam only using the PS4 controller so far, didnt even use headset if that mathers

I would not say it happens alot , but before the update i had in totall 1 crash and after the update it happens at least in every 2-3 houres play time, like 3 / 4 times to me.

Greetz

Good afternoon, excuse my spelling mistakes because I use a translator.
I live in Spain and today I changed the game in the GAME store thinking it was a game defect.
The game is frozen in career mode when loading game, when configuring car ... 
I hope someone puts solution soon since the game special edition I paid € 87 for it ...
VIDEO ATTACHMENT

Regards

6 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you 🙂 

Good afternoon, I have continued checking for game errors and once this error jumps and restarts Ps4. I attach a photo. Regards

error CE-34878-0 GRID PS4.jpg

6 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you 🙂 

Ps4, controller. 

Lot's of crashes after patch, usually for me right before a race.

Game freezes after some career mode races. The scene where it shows where everyone placed, the controller becomes unresponsive.

This game is in a pretty poor state for a $60 AAA game. This is on a level with Bethesda. How about you guys do the work, test your game, put in some hours and fix it. The current state of this game is completely unacceptable. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you 🙂 

The game seems to crash while loading. Either before or after an event. It seems to occur randomly. I'm using a standard Dual Shock 4 controller. 

Please look for a fix, at one time it crashed and caused my saved data to get corrupted. I didn't lose anything because I always backup online, but this is getting serious. 

The game ALWAYS crashes or should I say switches to dashboard (Xbox 1) Doing Career GTII Race.  Crashes after first race. 

Hallo alle zusammen , 

ich habe das Prob auch seit dem letzten Patch , mir ist aufgefallen das es generell im Kariere Modus einfrieren tut bei unterschiedlichen strecken , mal beim Laden u. mal beim speichern , aber auch wenn man sein Auto Designen möchte , ich benutze den Razer Raiju Kontroller . 

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Played for 2 hrs this morning, game crashed twice. Once playing multiplayer,after a race had finished, whilst loading next race. Once whilst scrolling through garage changing livery.

Using thrustmaster t500 wheel and pedals in races and pad in garage, the wheel was plugged in.

No error codes, screen just freezes and buttons unresponsive. 

Hope this info helps.

• Like 1

After recent update my game keeps crashing. It usually happens after I have done hotlap qualifying and return to the race menu where I can choose hotlap qualifying, setup, or continue and choose continue (to start the race). Just now it happend when I tried to start hotlap qualifying. I use a Trustmaster T300RS GT. The loading screen appears and then freezes. I have only played career an in career it doesn't seem to matter which race.

Hoping for a fix very soon!

Thanks again all - I've been doing lots more work this morning with the GRID to identify a possible solution to these crashes that players are experiencing. More news as soon as I have it 👍

• Agree 2

Are you addressing the game freezing after career mode races? This is worse than the crashes because you can't even progress. The game is either freezing or the controller becomes unresponsive and sometimes the button prompts don't even appeare on screen. Base PS4.

Same problem on xbox one. Crashing mainly in the post race results screens. Has crashed a few times in the garage and starting a career mode race. Playing with a standard xbox controller, no other peripherals plugged in. Crashed 4 times in the last hour. No problems with any other games.

Edited by MazVanB
Extra details.

Please guys... it's been a week from the update already, and career mode is unplayable. 

I tested the MP during the weekend, I played two sets (six races) with no issues. But there are some people here claiming that MP crashes as well, so idk.

In my case, the game just crashed in career mode (base PS4 user)

Hi all - we are now tracking the issue of PS4 and Xbox One players experiencing crashes in this thread: 

The team are testing a fix for this right now, and I will update the above thread with all news and progress as soon as we have it. Thank you 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I've had the game less than a day and I've also downloaded the latest patch. The amount of times this game has crashed on me is ridiculous - 12 times today alone. It crashes when I finish a qualifying lap when I use customised cars or the ultimate edition cars and I'm only using a PS4 controller. I've even deleted the game file twice and reinstalled the game but no joy. Very poor experience of what should be a great game.

• Agree 1

On 11/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you 🙂 

My game crashes at the exact same point in the game.

It happens when I finish the first race in unlimited power. The game stops responding in every way, the only thing I can do is close the application.

This happened 4 times in a row.

I play using only the ps4 controller.

I am getting very frustrated with all the issues this game has like if one of my friends joins an online race I'm in the game glitches and all the cars start jerking forward and backwards which destroys the racing. I've also had more game crashes in career than I'd like (well over 20) and it corrupted my saved data. I'm stunned that only after owning this game for just over a week I'm ready to throw it in the rubbish bin because as it is at the moment that's where it belongs. And when you look at what the game cost the fact it's almost unplayable is ridiculous.

1. Game freezes at start of most career types and there's only a few where it does crash just after you click to start.

2. In online races cars jump forward and backwards.

3. Random weirdness after races like racers who were at the back of the field in the race magically appear in first place with times that aren't possible. 

15734738305962904563139613972101.jpg

This same exact problem is happening on the Stadia release. Right after the first race in career mode. Nobody can progress to the 2nd race.

I had it freeze twice doing a quick race. Had to hit the ps button so it would pause the game. Then it resumed fine till I stopped the game. 

The game is installed on my external hdd. 

PS4 Pro, external hdd, controller

I had similar problem when I first played it and I had it on external ssd and it would stutter and freeze. It runs so much better if you install Grid on the ps4 internal drive.