Jämsä, Finland – Available Now in DiRT Rally 2.0

I tried and tried today, but all I was able to do was huge crashes. 

That is annoying af because I know i'm fast. I just couldn't find the right mindset for driving fast and clean today. Sure I was fast, but more often I ended up deeeeeep in the forest rather than on the finish line. And it's really difficult to slow down to just make sure I get to finish. It's lot easier to push little bit harder than slow down. :classic_wacko::classic_wacko:

6 minutes ago, Murikka said:

That is annoying af because I know i'm fast. I just couldn't find the right mindset for driving fast and clean today. Sure I was fast, but more often I ended up deeeeeep in the forest rather than on the finish line. And it's really difficult to slow down to just make sure I get to finish. It's lot easier to push little bit harder than slow down. :classic_wacko::classic_wacko:

You're probably pushing at 100% of your mental capacity. That's where you're fastest but there's a risk of going overboard, which you are doing right now.

Dial back your efforts a bit and take things slightly slower in the initial stages. Once you've gotten a proper feel for the routes you can then crank it up again, knowing you have a solid foundation for faster runs.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

You're probably pushing at 100% of your mental capacity. That's where you're fastest but there's a risk of going overboard, which you are doing right now.

Dial back your efforts a bit and take things slightly slower in the initial stages. Once you've gotten a proper feel for the routes you can then crank it up again, knowing you have a solid foundation for faster runs.

I can't drive only at 90% because then I lose all my focus, I always push it at 100%, but there is always room for 110%. 

Today I just couldn't concentrate enough. Most of the mistakes I made was small, like bad landing after jump that causes snap oversteer and so on. And I have hard time to concentrate enough when I don't trust all the pacenotes. :classic_unsure: Finnish stages are so fast that the pacenotes aren't accurate enough for my taste.

Think I'm getting the hang of it (ish). The channels at the side of the track in places is a double edged sword. You can hook a wheel in them to pull you round but you can also get stuck in them and then you know it won't end well.

51 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Think I'm getting the hang of it (ish). The channels at the side of the track in places is a double edged sword. You can hook a wheel in them to pull you round but you can also get stuck in them and then you know it won't end well.

That's actually a move that was first executed by Takumi :classic_cool:

iu.gif

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

@urgaffel just dropped this in my Inbox 😄 

Kabab pizza delivery, through your door!  (yell it like Terry Crews)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, richie said:

That's actually a move that was first executed by Takumi :classic_cool:

iu.gif

Even Takumi had to learn from somewhere... 

ce4132e84b407a0f73c1b095bca9f2d6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Finally Finland,

it has to be the best rally ever ,with huge jumps and amazing graphics,

credit to codemasters,this is the sort of stuff we know that you can produce,

dirt rally gets better each month,

cast your minds back on dayone release of f12019, didn't that look amazing with beautiful ffb, so what's been done to f12019 to now make it look dull,

then we go to grid no content evening fewer cars, only beautiful track is brand hatch in the rain with the gte cars,

i just don't get codemasters,. In Finland dirt rally 2.0 it brilliant,

do you turn games back like f12019 so they look a pale version of themselves,, 

i said many many times I don't mind paying for good quality games , I would gladly pay extra like I have done,

i am confused codemasters,everyone knows you can produce outstanding games ,

so charge accordingly please 

( keep up the excellent work with dirt rally 2.0 and please dear god don't I repeat don't change or alter (FFB ) )

last time I said that the next patch for f12019 made ffb really bad or buggy lol

On 1 November 2019 at 2:36 PM, PJTierney said:

A joy to behold, 

It looks amazing even on the lowly ps4 , has to be some of the best graphics and game play of the year. 

People you don't know what you are missing ,

buy it ,this is one that will not disappoint, wheel users you are in for a treat, thanks codemasters ❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marts said:

The game lacks sense of speed, especially inside the car. 

go faster then 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Murikka said:

The setup is maybe more important in Finland than anywhere else. Still working on it and probably will be for a long while.lol

8 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Finally Finland,

it has to be the best rally ever ,with huge jumps and amazing graphics,

credit to codemasters,this is the sort of stuff we know that you can produce,

dirt rally gets better each month,

cast your minds back on dayone release of f12019, didn't that look amazing with beautiful ffb, so what's been done to f12019 to now make it look dull,

then we go to grid no content evening fewer cars, only beautiful track is brand hatch in the rain with the gte cars,

i just don't get codemasters,. In Finland dirt rally 2.0 it brilliant,

do you turn games back like f12019 so they look a pale version of themselves,, 

i said many many times I don't mind paying for good quality games , I would gladly pay extra like I have done,

i am confused codemasters,everyone knows you can produce outstanding games ,

so charge accordingly please 

( keep up the excellent work with dirt rally 2.0 and please dear god don't I repeat don't change or alter (FFB ) )

last time I said that the next patch for f12019 made ffb really bad or buggy lol

Agree 100%.

Dirt Rally is very very good. F1 has potential, but there are just some embarrassingly poor decisions made for it that kill it.  Imagine that Dirt has an option to lock out exterior cams, but F1 does not. So you have sim racers competing against people sitting on top of the car so they can see better. 

The Dirt crew is active with the community here. F1 is a ghost town. The game has serious problems and all we get are new skins available for purchase, even the Legends owners have to pay $3 if they just want the new car paint. Helmet, gloves, and suits all sold separately.

Aside from the mess that typically comes with DLC being released on Xbox and a few soung bugs, Dirt is phenominal.  

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

OMFG!!! HAVE ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE SQUIRREL RUNNING OVER THE TRACK AT NAARAJÄRVI?????

It's a rabbit lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, somethingthing said:

OMFG!!! HAVE ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE SQUIRREL RUNNING OVER THE TRACK AT NAARAJÄRVI?????

No, but I've seen a deer in Germany. A few times. It happens not so often 

What's with this awful fog effect? The actual game looks nothing like those promotional "screenshots".

DR2_Location_Finland-(6).jpg

20191107233057_1.thumb.jpg.677d0cf03944c60e441c19f16cd90de4.jpg

• Agree 14

On 11/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, PJTierney said:

@urgaffel just dropped this in my Inbox 😄 

if you pause right before the end it says, Speed of Impact: 307 km/h!!!!

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, HoksuHoo said:

What's with this awful fog effect? The actual game looks nothing like those promotional "screenshots".

I'm really disappointed what was made out of the DR1 Finland. Graphics reduced, fog added. Finland is one of my favorites in DR1 but in DR2 CM made it far worse ... I don't know what's happening with CM.
Also the big difference between the advertising  pictures which PJTierney "spammed" and the reality has at least a bland taste.

• Like 1

Those advertising pictures are taken from sunset time. There is not fog in stages on sunset, only in midday. Hopefully this foggy weather is fixed soon as possible, because it ruins all Finland stages.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TTM75 said:

Those advertising pictures are taken from sunset time.

Nope. Sunset looks very different, the sky color is kind of a dead giveaway.

20191104172548_1.thumb.jpg.b7d3d25f85771698c5c69cebf7585a8b.jpg

Seems that those screenshots are taken in daytime, with a developer side build that does not have the gross fog effect in daytime like us peasants who bought the game have. But yes, the fog effect seems to primarily affect daytime, less dusk and sunset. So there is hope Codemasters could sort it out.

Also rain really needs to be added.

Edited by HoksuHoo