Jämsä, Finland – Available Now in DiRT Rally 2.0

I agree, the blue fog needs to go away.  I'm actually not going to buy Finland DLC if the fog is there, not interested in driving with that all the time. (my little nano protest against massive unrealism)

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, ianism said:

if you pause right before the end it says, Speed of Impact: 307 km/h!!!!

The reported speeds are a bit off BTW. (faster than they were during the crash)

• Like 1

On 7 November 2019 at 9:40 PM, HoksuHoo said:

What's with this awful fog effect? The actual game looks nothing like those promotional "screenshots".

DR2_Location_Finland-(6).jpg

20191107233057_1.thumb.jpg.677d0cf03944c60e441c19f16cd90de4.jpg

I fog looks amazing,it adds to the atmosphere,.

Plus it's there for a reason which is probably due to the specs of standard ps4 

guys. Go in the woods or forest and feel the damp fog come down, have you guys never been or worked outside 🙈

And as a league owner and a very long time sim racer dirt rally 2.0 has come a long way,

remember dirt rally 2.0 including FFB was not as good as the original dirt rally 1.0 ,

now dirt rally 2.0 has left the original game in it trails of dust lol,

credit where credit is due, well done to the guys and girls who's worked hard to make dirt rally 2.0 this good ,

for dirt rally 2.0 we salute you. 🎯🙏🏁

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling, or if you seriously need to talk to someone.

People are allowed to have different opinions to you you know 😉 

• Like 2

Fog is one thing but pictures other. I can live with fog because it could make sense but after those pictures here? It's harder 😄

17 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Why is there no rain in Finland?

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Opinion is one thing but that, whatever even is the word for that, is something else. Plus he is talking to me like I'm a complete dimwit, "have you guys never been or worked outside".

Since you are here, could you maybe enlighten us a bit just what is going on? Why is there an awful fog effect in dry daytime, the kind conditions that do not have fog? Is this intentional or not? Why does it not appear in the "previews"? Why is there no rain? Will this be fixed? Do let us know.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 3

Honestly, initially I was busy driving and not crashing so I didn't even notice the fog, which isn't even proper fog but just a slight layer hanging in the air. I don't understand the 'promotion screenshot argument' either. Do you also call companies and complain that the pizza you just took out of the oven never looks like the one on the photo? 

Plus, in an area with a lot of lakes and rivers fog forming is absolutely natural. So, from a realism standpoint having heavy fog in the morning and a light fog layer hanging in the air in the afternoon is as close as it can get. Now, I don't know if this was intentional but it is what happens in real life. Just a few thoughts from another perspective. 

-------------------

Regarding the 307kph in the Lancia, it must be a bug as the speed increased as soon as the car got airborne. Before the jump the speed was fine at around 230kph. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 3

10 minutes ago, richie said:

Honestly, initially I was busy driving and not crashing so I didn't even notice the fog, which isn't even proper fog but just a slight layer hanging in the air. I don't understand the 'promotion screenshot argument' either. Do you also call companies and complain that the pizza you just took out of the oven never looks like the one on the photo? 

Plus, in an area with a lot of lakes and rivers fog forming is absolutely natural. So, from a realism standpoint having heavy fog in the morning and a light fog layer hanging in the air in the afternoon is as close as you can get. Now, I don't know if this was intentional but it is what happens in real life. Just a few thought from another perspective.

Just a slight layer?? Look at that screenshot genius, it's hardly slight when it makes the treeline a blurry grey mess.

Yes, you don't understand the argument and yet you try to be clever with an incredibly idiotic attempt of a counter-argument.

I live in Finland. You really are not qualified to lecture me about what my country looks like in real life.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

So, there's no fog in areas with lakes and rivers in Finland. Interesting. Must be unique in the world then. 

Edit: Also, for a good comparison you should take a screenshot of the same spot as the one seen on the promotion picture. There are areas where there's no mist in the air. 

Edited by richie
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, richie said:

So, there's no fog in areas with lakes and rivers in Finland. Interesting. Must be unique in the world then.

It's really not that there is no fog at all in any circumstances. You really might want to get rid of this delusion of knowledge and stop with the "clever" comebacks.

40 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

@HoksuHoo I'll ask regarding the fog.

I hope it goes better than the last time you said that.

A hotfix to remove the fog-thing from daytime, and then adding more weather options in a patch, would be nice.

9 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

It's really not that there is no fog at all in any circumstances. You really might want to get rid of this delusion of knowledge and stop with the "clever" comebacks.

As I said above, having mist in the air in areas with lots of lakes and rivers is absolutely normal. It really isn't that bad at all in my view, I didn't even notice until you kept posting the same thing again and again. There are areas where there's no mist in the air in the game, so your 'promotion screenshot argument' is not valid, but it gets you a lot of likes, doesn't it?  ^^

• Like 1

Did you watch real content from this thread?
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43923-jämsä-finland-–-available-now-in-dirt-rally-20/?tab=comments#comment-476571
So there´s fog but not all the time.
Fog is very common here at Finland, especially at autumn mornings.

Personally I think daytime could be clear like at promo pictures but at sunrise fog is just fine.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Fog is common, but on the weather like that it's only in the very early morning or in the late evening. So the fog, time of day and weather doesn't add up.

And if someone doesn't know already i'm also from Finland. And actually been living most of my life at country side near lakes. ( almost everyone here lives near lakes.. :classic_ninja:)

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Murikka said:

Fog is common, but on the weather like that it's only in the very early morning or in the late evening. So the fog, time of day and weather doesn't add up.

And if someone doesn't know already i'm also from Finland. And actually been living most of my life at country side near lakes. ( almost everyone here lives near lakes.. :classic_ninja:)

Ok but it isn't really fog what we have in the game, is it? It's more like a layer of mist in the air. Did you notice it immediately? I honestly didn't. I first thought people were talking about dailies where it was exaggerated with zero visibility. As I said above, not all spots look as misty as the screenshot HoksuHoo took. It depends on distance and visibility. You can't look that far in the distance on the promotion screenshot, that's why there's no such effect, just as in this screenshot -->

3101bdee-2870-420c-b24c-0031458fb4f5.thumb.PNG.89018f344e2c0300d228ce2ece698139.PNG

I'm all for constructive criticism and if people have a point it's totally legit, but I can't support such manipulative and selective nonsense. Also, you can't blame a company for taking a beautiful picture to promote your product, can you? Let's keep it fair. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

I noticed it right away, but it doesn't bother me that much.

But still at that kind of weather and time of day there shouldn't be any mist or fog.

• Agree 1

The fog effect only appears at some distance. Close to your car it looks ok, but at distance it starts to look terrible because of the fog. That you are able to give one close-range screenshot where it's not visible proves absolutely nothing.

Promotional shots are crystal clear even at long distances

DR2_Location_Finland-(2).jpg

Whereas in the real game the fog becomes very visible some distance from your car.

20191107232121_2.thumb.jpg.7af6dfd3121c06edce92868029f83085.jpg

20191107232909_1.thumb.jpg.fb5593b67d1d4b98bd823447f7826487.jpg

20191111185057_1.thumb.jpg.1a149aed1cdacecd7479686b2dd1c7e2.jpg

None of the CM screenshots show a tiniest bit of the fog, what a coincidence. Yeah, you totally can't blame them for disabling the fog for their beautiful pictures which look nothing like the actual product

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, richie said:

As I said above, having mist in the air in areas with lots of lakes and rivers is absolutely normal. It really isn't that bad at all in my view, I didn't even notice until you kept posting the same thing again and again. There are areas where there's no mist in the air in the game, so your 'promotion screenshot argument' is not valid, but it gets you a lot of likes, doesn't it?  ^^ 

Why are you trying to defend this?
There is fog all the time, those pictures are just like a different game.

Edited by J89
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, richie said:

Edit: Also, for a good comparison you should take a screenshot of the same spot as the one seen on the promotion picture. There are areas where there's no mist in the air. 

So you said and then you proceeded to make a comparison with an entirely different kind of screenshot.

Here is a comparison from the exact same spot

DR2_Location_Finland-(9).jpg

20191111185221_1.thumb.jpg.563604024a04ce94154983ff7499e489.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, J89 said:

Why are you trying to defend this?
There is fog all the time, those pictures are just like a different game.

There's a difference between defending and rejecting your dramatizing descriptions. It's not all the time as misty as those selective pictures, that's why I posted a pic that shows no misty areas, and I have a few more if it's not enough.

--------------

Yes, the promotion pics are more colourful, clearer and show a different time of day somehow. @HoksuHoo As I said, you can't blame them. Promotion pics always look better, even on frozen pizzas. Absolutely over-dramatizing for what? For likes and lolz? Up to the point that you start attacking other people because in their mind it's not as bad as people say. The pic you posted above is totally acceptable, at least to me. It doesn't take the fun away at all. No reason to bring this up dozens of times in multiple threads in my view. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2

I only wanted to know the reason for misleading promo pictures. Maybe the weather time will come? I don't know. The game is OK even with fog.

5 hours ago, richie said:

There are areas where there's no mist in the air in the game, so your 'promotion screenshot argument' is not valid, but it gets you a lot of likes, doesn't it?  ^^

1 hour ago, richie said:

Yes, the promotion pics are more colourful, clearer and show a different time of day somehow. @HoksuHoo As I said, you can't blame them. Promotion pics always look better, even on frozen pizzas. Absolutely over-dramatizing for what? For likes and lolz? Up to the point that you start attacking other people because in their mind it's not as bad as people say. The pic you posted above is totally acceptable, at least to me. It doesn't take the fun away at all. No reason to bring this up dozens of times in multiple threads in my view. 

You keep making one assertion after another, assertion gets proven wrong, you don't about care that and keep making more assertions that contradict your previous assertions.

What am I over-dramatizing? I am claiming the promotional images look nothing like the real game. You have made counter-arguments to that which I have disproven, you have challenged me to make a comparison from the same spot which I did. You just admitted that the promo pics look better, more colorful and clearer. I am also claiming Finland has an awful looking and unrealistic fog in dry daytime, with lots of photographic evidence.

If the foggy pics are totally acceptable then why didn't Codemasters release the foggy pics? Riddle me that.

This is kind of getting off-track, the main problem is that Finland should never look like that, the fake promo images showing what it should look like are just adding insult to injury. I keep bringing this up because you keep challenging me and making assertions that have no basis on reality. And also because there is no meaningful response from CM.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

No, the main problem is that you start attacking people who disagree with you and that you don't seem to understand that promo pics always look better. Anyway, I suggest you open a thread where you can bring this up one more time, quite a few people will love it, I promise. The massive fog is terrible, we're all doomed!

iu.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 2