Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game can't be played

Hi,

WIndows 10, 3770K, 16GB Memory, AMD Fury X

I did the apparently stupid mistake of changing the graphics option from "Fullscreen" to "Windowed", I have not been able to play the game since,

If I start the game in DX12 the game is prompted "Running" in Steam for 10 seconds, before nothing happening.

If I start the game in DX11 the game launches and after the Lewis&Vettel screen is goes dark. But the game is running I can hear the sound and that I am operating the menu.

So I have tried the following: Validate game files, reinstalled the game and DDU/reinstalled GPU drivers.

Setting "-fullscreen" command under Steam launch option. The game stii luanches in window mode.

Any ideas how to force the game back into Fullscreen mode? If anybody could share a video showing the steps from main menu to video options so I could try changing this blind?

Hey!

You can just change the hardware_settings_config.xml that can be found from Documents\"My Games"\"F1 2019"\hardwaresettings\

image.png.7d153efb43089464336de546db917015.png

Try to change the displayMode to 1, as I believe that would be toggling on Exclusive Fullscreen.

Hopefully this helps 🙂 If it doesn't, get back to me and I'll take another look.

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Hey!

You can just change the hardware_settings_config.xml that can be found from Documents\"My Games"\"F1 2019"\hardwaresettings\

image.png.7d153efb43089464336de546db917015.png

Try to change the displayMode to 1, as I believe that would be toggling on Exclusive Fullscreen.

Hopefully this helps 🙂 If it doesn't, get back to me and I'll take another look.

Hi @UP100

Tried it now. The same thing happens, seems like the game writing these settings when launching. 

When I open the file after the game has launched, the value is 2 again:

<hardware_settings_config applyOOTB="false">
    <cpu name="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz" processors="8" processorStride="1" processorBinding="1" />
    <graphics_card deviceId="0x0162" rating="0">
        <resolution width="1920" height="1080" displayMode="2" vsync="false" vsyncInterval="auto" frameRateLimiterEnabled="true" frameRateLimiterValue="75">
            <refreshRate numerator="0" denominator="0" />
            <windowPosition x="0" y="0" />
            <outputMonitor index="1" />
            <aspectRatio auto="true" width="0" height="0" />
            <hdr mode="0" peakNits="1000" />
        </resolution>

1 minute ago, matses51 said:

Hi @UP100

Tried it now. The same thing happens, seems like the game writing these settings when launching. 

When I open the file after the game has launched, the value is 2 again:

<hardware_settings_config applyOOTB="false">
    <cpu name="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz" processors="8" processorStride="1" processorBinding="1" />
    <graphics_card deviceId="0x0162" rating="0">
        <resolution width="1920" height="1080" displayMode="2" vsync="false" vsyncInterval="auto" frameRateLimiterEnabled="true" frameRateLimiterValue="75">
            <refreshRate numerator="0" denominator="0" />
            <windowPosition x="0" y="0" />
            <outputMonitor index="1" />
            <aspectRatio auto="true" width="0" height="0" />
            <hdr mode="0" peakNits="1000" />
        </resolution>

If the game is overwriting the settings, you could try setting the file to read only mode through the properties window. It could also be that the hardware_settings is broken in some way, so renaming the current one and starting the game will generate a new hardware settings file that you could then try to modify.

I personally have had issues with the game's hardware settings files as the game doesn't want to launch with a newly generated file, so I'd advise to backing up the original by just renaming it to something else.

I'll try to take a look at the hardware settings files when I've reinstalled the game 🙂 

Update,

Also tried making the file read only, but to no luck. Although the value stays at  "1" the game is running windowed since i can move my cursor between the screens.

Have you tried pressing ALT+TAB while the game is running? This changes from window to fullscreen in other Codemasters titles.

Edited by UP100
Checked hardwaresettings stuff, didn't found much :/

Hi @UP100

Removing the setting files seems to have worked.

I cut them to desktop and the game booted on DX12 fullscreen and I was able to get to menu,

I don't have time to try and play now, but will try tonight.

Thanks for the assist so far

• Like 1