Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Classic auto bug with sound !

what about the sound of classic cars ??? hiss-crack-noise ! Williams 2003, Ferrari 2004, Renault 2006, Ferrari 2007 . playing on xbox one x

correct in the next patch ! and why don't cars get dirty ? on the auto must be traces from the road , bitumen , pieces of tires ! and then you will pass the whole race, and the car is like after a car wash ! it is not so difficult to add this effect !

Classic auto bug with sound, 

what about the sound of classic cars ??? hiss-crack-noise ! Williams 2003, Ferrari 2004, Renault 2006, Ferrari 2007 . playing on xbox one x. 

correct in the next patch ! and why don't cars get dirty ? on the auto must be traces from the road , bitumen , pieces of tires ! and then you will pass the whole race, and the car is like after a car wash ! it is not so difficult to add this effect !

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you provide me an video clip (with audio) of this in action when possible. 

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you provide me an video clip (with audio) of this in action when possible. 

Thanks for noticing )) time will record a video . but you check all the cars listed by me, and you will understand at once . there is a hissing grinding noise when shifting up .

I reported this bug months ago but no one even answered despite this actually being a returning bug that was fixed in F1 2018 and then back again in F1 2019.

The issue has to do with the sound glitching out whenever traction control kicks in when shifting up through the lower gears. This is why the issue only surfaces with the specific cars mentioned by Alex (i.e. they all have traction control). 

Any youtube video with gameplay showing the 2003 Williams, 2004 Ferrari, 2006 Renault or 2007 Ferrari will demonstrate the issue which is a kind of grating static white noise on throttle coming out of slower corners. 

I reiterate, there was a fix in 2018 so it's reasonable to expect the issue would be relatively easy to fix on 2019.

Edited by FishyScales
  • Agree 1

Hi @AlexBarrakuda and @FishyScales,

Thanks for your comments.

The 'kind of grating static noise on throttle coming out of slower corners' is the traction control when accelerating out of slower corners. You can hear this in these certain cars of that era as they had Traction Control, whereas you can't hear it in F1 2019 spec cars for example, because they don't have Traction Control.

The sound is there by design and is there to replicate the classic car sounds. Compare the sounds to videos online of their real life counterparts as you'll hear it in real life onboards too.

However, if you have any videos of the sound being erratic, please let me know.

Hi @BarryBL and thanks for getting back!

Correct, as I pointed out this is related to traction control. However, there's clearly an audio glitch happening here. Traction control doesn't sound like white noise, but on F1 2019 it is this binary noise that just switches on and off where the *actual* traction control sound is supposed to be played.

Again, this bug was present, acknowledged by Codies and fixed in F1 2018. It's the same issue as far as I can tell (on F1  2018 there was also a similar or even identical audio glitch on upshift that was also fixed).

Here is a real-life video with traction control sound:

And here is the 2003 Williams FW25 in F1 2019:

That is 100% a bug and not by design.

Hi @FishyScales

When you are in these cars, do you run with your Traction Control assist on? If so, this sound is on for longer. Also, from the video, there are a few flaws to it. First, TCS will sound slightly different from car to car, and will also sound very different comparing an onboard to a 'TV camera'.

However, I will run it past the development team to get their definitive thoughts on the matter.

I run with traction control off in the settings so it only comes from these particular cars.

I'm fairly sure traction control enabled through the settings on a car that normally lacks TC doesn't produce any sound effect. But it's been a while since I used traction control as an assist from the settings.

F1 2018 traction control sounded more like in the real-life video I linked (after it was fixed). It's as though the game is trying to play that sound effect but something goes wrong so the sound is just garbled instead. It might be a compat issue but every single video I've found has that same issue so I think the problem occurs across any machine including consoles.

This is a video from what I believe is patched F1 2018:

It's hard to pick up any additional noise at all in this clip, but at least it doesn't have the binary white noise. It's possible the fix was to simply remove the sound effect altogether because it didn't play nice with the rest of the audio or something.

This is pre-patch on F1 2018:

In this video you can clearly hear the same white noise as in the clip with the Williams on F1 2019. You also hear the same sound every time he shifts up like I mentioned (although that particular issue is not present on F1 2019, it was only in 2018).

Sound was fine,again from day one release,

take last Saturday in a league race full race distance at Spain,

at certain corners lap after lap the sound of my car in unranked using multiplayer car would crackle then completely the sound would disappear for 3 or 4 seconds, I even tried switching headphones and still the whole game sound was no different,

others in my uk league and others in the American League have complained about sound bug,

i use a t300 with racing rig,

ps4 ,

headphones are sonys own wireless good quality headphones and I have 3 pairs of them ,

it seems to me as I test with others in leagues that F12019 is getting worse with each successive patch,

why would a game feel good one day and then the next day feels completely different,

live tried reinstalling f12019 serval times since I bought the early access of Senna vs Prost off Sony ps4 store,

diga version,

ive also wiped all settings just incase of a bug ,

the only version of F12019 that works is patch 1.03 , and since you have to install all the other patches to play in multiplayer mode ,the whole thing is rather pointless,

i wished I would have got the £65 refund and bought the game at £15 from CEX , atleast I could justify problems with game as I've paid very little lol.

We didn't fix the sound bug ... I bought the most expensive edition of the game, for the sake of classic cars . do not buy it ! I do not want to listen to this vile gnashing that presses on my ears ! disgusting game support

On 12/4/2019 at 3:43 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @FishyScales

When you are in these cars, do you run with your Traction Control assist on? If so, this sound is on for longer. Also, from the video, there are a few flaws to it. First, TCS will sound slightly different from car to car, and will also sound very different comparing an onboard to a 'TV camera'.

However, I will run it past the development team to get their definitive thoughts on the matter.

@BarryBL

Any word on this?
Will it be fixed?

Just wanna say: I bought the Legends Edition on launch and was basically only interested in the classic content and I personally see the rest as a bonus.
But I stopped playing the game a few days after release because of this annoying broken sound. It doesn't feel right.
I am not interested in the game until it's fixed.

Please make at least sure, it will be fixed for F1 2020, if there will be classic cars like these.

I come from the DiRT Rally-side, but it would be cool, if I had a 2nd Codemasters game to enjoy.
Just please at least try to get it fixed 😟