This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

ok, lets talk honestly and frankly. 

I don't want to be rude but this game is the worst of the GRID serie.

To me, it's the most disappointing game since a very long time. 

I was expecting A LOT (and I guess, I can speak for everyone) for this game.

Can we talk about the poor reviews on this game on Steam ? More negative reviews on Metacritic. I don't understand why there is such a gap between press media reviews and players reviews. 

Everything is missing in this game 

• You can't tune your car whatever you want
  • You can't paint your car whatever you want (seriously, same decals from GRID2)
  • You can't choose your sponsors
  • you can't paint the rims
  • you can't choose the race length 
  • Top tiers cars / low tiers cars > means that only few cars are useful (basically, on every races, players will choose the same OP cars)
  • Nemesis thing is useless
  • AI is terrible, even more terrible in MP. AI cuts you, rams you and you get out of the track. 
  • single player is atrocious, no real team management
  • Car selection is slow and tends to bug
  • Easy, Normal and Hard are way too easy
  • Very Hard is someday too easy, someday way to hard
  • No drift
  • Ridiculous amount of cars
  • Cars handling is terrible (the R26 omg 😐). Some cars are way too drifty
  • You can't tune your cars between online races (seriously ..?)
  • No tire/fuel management (who cares since there are only 3 laps lel)
  • race commentators are useless (and their voices in the french version.. omg please make them shut)
  • Im still waiting the super awesome crash from AI. They just drive in straight line ...
  • No custom online races (+AI in MP), MP is a joke 

Im surely missing other things.

What were you thinking CM seriously ? this game is still in beta, but a beta sold full price. Do you seriously think that your game can compet against Forza, GT, Project Cars, NFS ? 

You guys planned updates on the game. OK. Why not .. but these updates will be contents that you should already be in the game. it's a shame. It's a shame coming from a company well known for their racing games.

I'll just wait until NFS Heat (preordered it as well) is out and I'll put this GRID game somewhere and pretend it never exists. 

Edited by Holybeer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 11
  • Disagree 1

- multiplayer is a joke.

My blame is for us, not for the company. If we are easy money why in the world any company should care ?

- Stop buy game sequels if even only one feature is missing from previous episodes. (this force software house to keep on quality standards and contents).

- Stop buy game on preorders and day1 !! specially if demo version is missing and you have just to check from dumb ytubbers and useless marketing videos (alonso..).

Company and software house seems to care about feedbacks, what they really listen is the money talk only. 

Big fiasco sales of grid2019 = a chance to have a good grid5. Otherwise next episode will be even worse.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

23 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

Big fiasco sales of grid2019 = a chance to have a good grid5. Otherwise next episode will be even worse.

This isn't how it works unfortunately. If GRID 2019 doesn't work then it's game over, there won't be a GRID5...

Did you see what happened with Onrush?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, FlanjeUK said:

This isn't how it works unfortunately. If GRID 2019 doesn't work then it's game over, there won't be a GRID5...

Did you see what happened with Onrush?

And peace with that !! 🙂

The thing, I think we should do constructive criticism. Show Codemasters that we are upset or disappointed, but encourage them to keep improving the game.

I mean, many of us already bought the game, and it is what it is. We can't change that, we can choose to let Codemasters know what's wrong for them to work on it, or just pretend the game don't exists, shelve it, sell it, and move on.

But you know, when all around is negative, they might do that as well. The game as a roadmap for six months ahead. After that, further development of the game will surely wind down. So, during this time we should insist them about what we like to see in the game, because otherwise it will be left in the dust by the devs as well... and we all lose. Both us and them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Problem is, they never listen to fans. All games were good in their own way, this one isnt

Ok, graphics engine looks better...

🙂

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
error
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

From the advertising: "The return of a storied racing franchise is here."  Did I miss something here, don't recall any story to the single player.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Leocp said:

The thing, I think we should do constructive criticism. Show Codemasters that we are upset or disappointed, but encourage them to keep improving the game.

I mean, many of us already bought the game, and it is what it is. We can't change that, we can choose to let Codemasters know what's wrong for them to work on it, or just pretend the game don't exists, shelve it, sell it, and move on.

But you know, when all around is negative, they might do that as well. The game as a roadmap for six months ahead. After that, further development of the game will surely wind down. So, during this time we should insist them about what we like to see in the game, because otherwise it will be left in the dust by the devs as well... and we all lose. Both us and them. 

There are people (like me and many other) asking for the damn built in text chat on multiplayer, something like 9years now. What constructive has to be more than that ? lol 

We tried everything, we already writed everything. Everytime there is something more missing…  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I would settle for my game to stop crashing after everry single race..They can start at that! My god, what is there 5 devs running on wheels over there?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Leocp said:

The thing is I read the CM answer when we asked CM to add the length race feature. He said "I can't promise blabla, this gonna be a hard task". Seriously ? A hard task ? how ? explain please. 😐

You can be constructive when it's a new game company, making their first game. But i'm not with CodeMaster. They sold us dreams, hopes and I paid for a "Amazing racing game with awesome race moments". We're so far from that and I wonder how you can add/fix all those features and broken mechanisms. What they need to do, is back up everything, like Warner did for Batman Arkham Knight on PC and make a better game. This game needs at least 3 or 4 months more to be good.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

On 11/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, GavinMac said:

From the advertising: "The return of a storied racing franchise is here."  Did I miss something here, don't recall any story to the single player.

"Storied" just means "celebrated" or "legendary".

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

On 2 November 2019 at 1:37 PM, Holybeer said:

ok, lets talk honestly and frankly. 

I don't want to be rude but this game is the worst of the GRID serie.

To me, it's the most disappointing game since a very long time. 

I was expecting A LOT (and I guess, I can speak for everyone) for this game.

Can we talk about the poor reviews on this game on Steam ? More negative reviews on Metacritic. I don't understand why there is such a gap between press media reviews and players reviews. 

Everything is missing in this game 

• You can't tune your car whatever you want
  • You can't paint your car whatever you want (seriously, same decals from GRID2)
  • You can't choose your sponsors
  • you can't paint the rims
  • you can't choose the race length 
  • Top tiers cars / low tiers cars > means that only few cars are useful (basically, on every races, players will choose the same OP cars)
  • Nemesis thing is useless
  • AI is terrible, even more terrible in MP. AI cuts you, rams you and you get out of the track. 
  • single player is atrocious, no real team management
  • Car selection is slow and tends to bug
  • Easy, Normal and Hard are way too easy
  • Very Hard is someday too easy, someday way to hard
  • No drift
  • Ridiculous amount of cars
  • Cars handling is terrible (the R26 omg 😐). Some cars are way too drifty
  • You can't tune your cars between online races (seriously ..?)
  • No tire/fuel management (who cares since there are only 3 laps lel)
  • race commentators are useless (and their voices in the french version.. omg please make them shut)
  • Im still waiting the super awesome crash from AI. They just drive in straight line ...
  • No custom online races (+AI in MP), MP is a joke 

Im surely missing other things.

What were you thinking CM seriously ? this game is still in beta, but a beta sold full price. Do you seriously think that your game can compet against Forza, GT, Project Cars, NFS ? 

You guys planned updates on the game. OK. Why not .. but these updates will be contents that you should already be in the game. it's a shame. It's a shame coming from a company well known for their racing games.

I'll just wait until NFS Heat (preordered it as well) is out and I'll put this GRID game somewhere and pretend it never exists. 

Unfortunately we all fell for it, 

the ps3 version of grid auto is way better, and it's on the ps now,

go and read what they said, they said they spent 2 years making the new grid,

what new grid, ,it has less content then the PS3 version, 

and after spending £50  on the disc version when game was only 3 weeks old prior to been released,

i now can't even sell ps4 grid as its almost half price on ps4 store , that's just to add insult to injury lol,

i so much want to be positive but how can anyone be positive with 12 tracks and very few cars and no story mode,,

you can only reverse and the tracks so many times,but there still the same track.

i would had rather given £50 to charity or burned the money instead,

when I posted about bugs about dirt rally or f12019 at least there's still a game we can play ,

with grid nothing , 

Codemasters statement a upon release of New Grid   ( 2 months ago,)

we've worked extremely hard over the last 2 years to bring you a brand new grid,

it's for the sim and arcade who just want a causal race,  it has everything, lots of different tracks and huge selection of race cars ,

who actually worked on the new grid, because it has less then ps3 grid version, loads of silly stupid bugs,

it should have been released as a remastered version of grid auto sport and then offered on the free monthly games from Sony PlayStation,

nothing has been added , sorry codemasters but I don't understand what's going on with your latest statement of grid , 

my apologies if I've got it wrong and miss read something,

Edited by senna94f1
My head and pockets are hurting 💔
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

I played the game yesterday (again).

The V6 ST with the Holden, Camaro ... God .. The holden drifts for no reason, the car behavior is weird, it understeers way to much and you can't fix it with tuning. Problem was less with the Ford Falcon .. and that Okutama GP with the V6. A real pain in the ass. I havin troubles with this game. I drive with no ESP and TCR on Forza. Here, the cars excessively under and over steer for no reason. I hate this imprecise and unprecditable gameplay. 

plus .. I was way too slow with the Holden, so I bought the Ford Falcon instead.

AI who's driving with the Holden is FASTER than me. How ? I don't understand how it works. 

Edited by Holybeer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I have to agree with all the comments here . We were led to believe that this game would be like the old Grid , the original Grid, i mean come on who wouldnt beleive that when you call it by the same name. I have no idea what CM were thinking with this , other than a cash grab, relying on the reputation of the original grid. Some real poor design decisions were made with this game , like they were with Grid 2 , "oh only 5% play with the cockpit View, so we arent including it" More like lets see if we can cut a corner here and take out the cockpit view, they wont notice.

This game is dead already. Ive played probably 25% of ther career mode, and Im bored with it!!, you guys should listen to the people who pay your wages, and thats the customer. Ive gone back to Project cars 2 for now , as many laps as i want, a decent damage model, ie the cars performance is effected  if I play bumper cars too much , Pit stops, a good multiplayer, good selection of cars and TRACKS , where are the tracks CM!??

Ive had enough, game shelved, forever, no more rushing to buy a CM game now without waiting for reviews.

Edited by Madmaz116
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4

If you really feel passionate about this game, then return your copy of the game and don't even take a look back. I am not supporting your demands if you guys cannot be mature about this. I am calling @ChrisGrovesMCM over here for a response. You guys were lucky I had sign in problems, because this would probably break the forum rules had I signed in yesterday. This game had great potential, but missed its mark. Its an OK game, (An Improvement over Grid 2 and Autosport, but not Race Driver Grid) but not for those who spend a really long time on games. Season One is going to be revealed soon, the first content update. If they didn't care, they would have not been responding to us. I am not a friend of Codemasters or a Codemasters Employee.

Here are the Forum Rules EVERYONE must follow, myself included. Look at it closely, and keep it in mind. 

Edited by CordedQuill42
I expect a LOT of hate in the next 24 to 48 hours people. Wait and see.
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 7

Having played Autosport basically daily for the last years the anticipation I had for this game and the disappointment that has followed have been of similar impact.
There was me thinking of multiple full lobbies to choose from, instead there is emptiness until there are a few others who play with in the evening.

The public online lobby browser is the one thing that can start saving this game.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

When I said "constrictive criticism" I basically meant that we should tell them what needs to be addressed within the game.

Some stuff they haven't done in past games, some may say. Ok, you have a point there. Some stuff they made in other Codemasters games, even other Grid games. You also have a point.

But what I tried to say is, it's THAT (we telling them what to do) or it is nothing at all. And we all would have wasted our money and time.

Despite everything, Codemasters will deliver the DLC for the premium buyers. So, during that, they have to keep improving the base game. Because I agree with everyone that there's a whole LOT to work on.

And they better do it as best as possible. They need to leave a good image at least on the long run, if they ever plan to release a new Grid game some day...

Edited by Leocp
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

If you really feel passionate about this game, then return your copy of the game and don't even take a look back. I am not supporting your demands if you guys cannot be mature about this. I am calling @ChrisGrovesMCM over here for a response. You guys were lucky I had sign in problems, because this would probably break the forum rules had I signed in yesterday. This game had great potential, but missed its mark. Its an OK game, (An Improvement over Grid 2 and Autosport, but not Race Driver Grid) but not for those who spend a really long time on games. Season One is going to be revealed soon, the first content update. If they didn't care, they would have not been responding to us. I am not a friend of Codemasters or a Codemasters Employee.

Here are the Forum Rules EVERYONE must follow, myself included. Look at it closely, and keep it in mind. 

Sell it ? Not worth it. I would gain maybe 20 or 25 bucks. Maybe less since the game didn't sell well.

Btw, we didn't insult anyone and I guess we all respected the rules. The poll is clear. Answers are also clear. There are issues with the game. I'm eagerly waiting for Chris' answer (and not the usual "I'll check the dev team but y'know it's gonne be difficult" answer).

We are customers before players and when you deliver a broken game like this one, you gotta ask yourself some questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

If you're not a friend of codemasters or an employee stop impersonating one..... keep it in mind next time you try throwing your weight around with people.

So you are happy with the game, good for you.  However the majority of people (nearly 90% if the poll is representative) are not.  You have zero authority to tell people what they can and can't say.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, XoxFlukeXox said:

If you're not a friend of codemasters or an employee stop impersonating one..... keep it in mind next time you try throwing your weight around with people.

So you are happy with the game, good for you.  However the majority of people (nearly 90% if the poll is representative) are not.  You have zero authority to tell people what they can and can't say.

OK, where is the thing saying that I am telling others you cannot vote no? Reread my post please.

55 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

If you really feel passionate about this game, then return your copy of the game and don't even take a look back. I am not supporting your demands if you guys cannot be mature about this. I am calling @ChrisGrovesMCM over here for a response. You guys were lucky I had sign in problems, This game had great potential, but missed its mark. Its an OK game, (An Improvement over Grid 2 and Autosport, but not Race Driver Grid) but not for those who spend a really long time on games. Season One is going to be revealed soon, the first content update. If they didn't care, they would have not been responding to us. I am not a friend of Codemasters or a Codemasters Employee.

"I am not supporting your demands if you guys cannot be mature about this" ...what demands ?

" because this would probably break the forum rules had I signed in yesterday"...what would?.. all I see are discontented paying customers voicing thier opnions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

11 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

OK, where is the thing saying that I am telling others you cannot vote no? Reread my post please.

Where do I say anything about you telling ppl they can't vote?

This about you constantly telling people what they can and can't say, not to mention calling Chris Groves when people say things you don't agree with.  You also carry on like you work for Codemasters.... bit creepy imo lol. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2