F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... √ó

This is the worst GRID so far.

Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?   

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new GRID game ?

• Yes, it's great the way it is, it's a super great game
    • No, the game has major issues, I can say, it's the worst GRID game
    • I'm neutral, it's an okayish game

On 15 November 2019 at 10:37 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Feel free to drop over examples of this in action elsewhere and I can take a look ūüôā

From my perspective it doesn't make sense in this situation, because along with all suggestions/topics that have been mentioned by players, we're working on a host of other topics and targets, so the lines can become blurred. We're also working on all manner of other things behind the scenes, which we're not able to talk about yet, which mean we can't always address everything players report straight away. 

I need to prioritise the time I have working with the community to search our channels for the feedback, log it, cross-check it to see any trends or priorities, feed this back to the studio, discuss suggested next steps, help them with more information and reproducing the issues, check the status of a fix, tell players the status of this, then help with deployment. Adding *another* layer into that process will slow it down more and delay potential positive changes. 

Mentioned it countless times but I'll reiterate: all information that's confirmed regarding community-reported topics has been relayed, by me, back to you, the players. 'Transparency' has been mentioned a few times but there's nothing opaque about what's going on already - there is no confirmed news or information that you're unaware of. ūüôā

I probably agree with you Chris ,

but the problem with codemasters in general is bringing out games like grid which should not have been. Released for another few months,

demo versions a few years ago contained almost as much game play ,

to pay £50 for a game that has 12 tracks but promised this was new grid ,that's why people are so negative,

again Ai in multiplayer is a big no ,

f12019 in multiplayer f12019 cars is as bad as a game gets, and considering the f12019 dayone release Senna vs Prost was almost perfect for wheel and pad users , 

we posted and posted and posted and each patch made the game worse, no one listened 

then we end up with this sticky mess where everyone feels somewhat fed up,,

we outlined f1 on ps4 and you guys just completely ignored us and continued making more bugs,

imagine if the real world runs like that , imagine if I did your roof and I say all finished sir but your only covered up to point when it rains, because I am allowed to change the rules , a product is a product and has too be fit for purpose,

no one listens in beta testing,

i personally race and test hundreds of hours just with f12019 , nevermind all the time spent on the other previous f1 titles,

same for Pcars , dirt rally , assetto corsa , iracing, , probably thousands of hours, and there's plenty of us on this forum with same experience just trying to help,

we want you codemasters to succeed so we can succeed,

we don't get free copies. Of games, it's our hobby so we invest buying certain games for our Hobby,with the hopes that you've produced a masterpiece game ,

which u did with f12019 ,and all that needed tweaking was ffb in the rain as ffb was too light,

seriously how hard can that .

all the best 

On 11/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, Jay84 said:

YES. I got the deluxe/ultimate/give us your money edition and its the biggest waste of money on ps4. 

No, you got the "Grid: A fool and his money are soon parted" edition whilst I personally preferred the "Grid: Day 35 and ¬£3.00 cheaper than the season pass" edition¬†ūüėč

• Agree 1

I was racing a Ferrari F430 race in shanghai online right now, and AI named dylan jenkins accelerated from 150-300 in a second twice, last time took out multiple players and caused a huge pileup.

that was new lol

• Agree 1

Hello, 

Went back on Forza Motorsport 7. Didn't play GRID for 1 month so I sold GRID (and NFS Heat as well). This game is slowly dying and I don't want to be part of this sinking. 

You won't see me anymore on the game or the forum. I wish you all the best and hope Codemasters will learn about their mistakes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 12/8/2019 at 12:06 AM, TinRacer said:

You should see how bad it is on Android platform...10‚ā¨ wasted down the drain.

If you have some specific issue you've noticed on the Android/iOS version of GRID: Autosport, then note that the game was ported by Feral Interactive and the bug should be reported to them ūüôā¬†

Edited by UP100
More information in the same space
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Up100 ,

are you a codemasters employee,

the same as marcel is he a codemasters employee,

because unless you can actually fix these games , what help are you,

i would say unless you can actually fix then don't add to the confusion already on this forum,

, if you or any of codemasters employees want to communicate properly then here's  my

ps4 I'd , ( mark___f1 )  and we can test and swaps notes  proper in track testing and party chat, and actually fix game and make the game more enjoyable for all of codemasters customers.

instead of all this backwards and forwards nonsense on here , because 99% of bugs don't actually get fixed when we report them on here,

Edited by senna94f1
We all love computer games.
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Up100 ,

are you a codemasters employee,

the same as marcel is he a codemasters employee,

because unless you can actually fix these games , what help are you,

i would say unless you can actually fix then don't add to the confusion already on this forum,

, if you or any of codemasters employees want to communicate properly then here's  my

ps4 I'd , ( mark___f1 )  and we can test and swaps notes  proper in track testing and party chat, and actually fix game and make the game more enjoyable for all of codemasters customers.

instead of all this backwards and forwards nonsense on here , because 99% of bugs don't actually get fixed when we report them on here,

Hi Senna,

To answer your question in regards to @UP100 and @1512marcel, they are moderators for the F1 forums and NOT Codemasters employees. Thier role in this is: 

• Moderators often must enforce many rules of conduct¬†as public contributors can communicate their thoughts, opinions and feelings freely. While we encourage this, it needs to be respectful and in a way that is not offensive to other contributors. This is a 3+ game, available for everyone, therefore ensuring that a¬†wide scoping¬†audience¬†have the potential¬†to follow¬†and add to forums without offence is important.

• Moderators are¬†encouraged to join in discussions, especially if they have expert experience or advice to contribute

• To assist in the general maintenance of the forums.

They, as with all moderators, are aware of their role and what it does and does not entail. 

Apologies Barry I was being sarcastic,

at 53 yrs young , a business owner and married with grandkids ,I don't like the wool being pulled over my eyes,

whats the point of anyone posting about bugs when in fact the game devs have taken the game that way through patches 2 months after dayone release to attract a different audience,

everyone who posts about bugs have a hope that they will be put right, ,

you guys or some of you guys and girls working at codemasters would be better off to be honest with your customers,

when I bought f12019 I was gobsmacked how beautiful and how excellent the ffb was for wheel users , and only thing that was fixed was helicopter, but note it did not affect the game,

and wether u like it or not pad vs wheel was equal, I am left with a stinker of a game with f12019, £65 for a game that originally was as good as Pcars2 and far better then Gt sports, few months later gt sports is far superior then f12019 , and only thing that's changed is devs altering the core of the game without a thought to the thousands of people I've customers who already bought f12019.

grid  is the same, potentially a very good game but very little content with tracks and now I have to pay more money for content that should already be on grid, £50 standard game is expensive,

you would better off just being honest with people,you get a lot more respect,

do the moderaters own ps4 , Xbox and and a PC , I own all free and to give sound advice I would have thought it crucial to own all 3 devices,

i still have the advertising from codemasters about f12019 and for grid ,,

as we don't have any Christmas spirit from codemasters, I am going back to my normal Christmas routine and helping out the homeless which I do every year,  it's called the Christmas spirit,

have a good one ūüŹĀūüŹéūüö•ūüéģūüôą

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Played it while it was installing. Raced the following scenarios: Will play more footage when game is done installing.

• Corvette C7R on Shanghai. Standing start on the grid at night. Won that race.
  • San Marino on the Brickyard Oval. Had a massive crash that I narrowly avoided. Used some flashbacks here.
  • Golf TCR on Brands Hatch GP. Went off track in turn one and had to defend my position. Also my Teammate Nick Whittle won.
Edited by CordedQuill42
More information.
  • Disagree 1

On 12/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

Played it while it was installing. Raced the following scenarios: Will play more footage when game is done installing.

• Corvette C7R on Shanghai. Standing start on the grid at night. Won that race.
  • San Marino on the Brickyard Oval. Had a massive crash that I narrowly avoided. Used some flashbacks here.
  • Golf TCR on Brands Hatch GP. Went off track in turn one and had to defend my position. Also my Teammate Nick Whittle won.

What the heck u talking about.... 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Flowa23 said:

What the heck u talking about.... 

The Grid 2019 Trial! It contains 3 racing scenarios, which are from the intro.

I played it, and for me it is a very great game. Will be looking forward to getting it for Christmas.

Edited by CordedQuill42
I bet you guys will dislike this comment.

3 hours ago, lastbreath said:

So you also don't own the game but defend it in any topic!

As far as I understand he does own the game.

39 minutes ago, Racefan107 said:

Is the game worth $40? Want to try it out I’m a wheel user.

absolutely not… if you want to try it, wait some heavy discount… 75% at least on steam… 

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

since 2 days ago, yet been commenting on something having no experience with for a while ?

If there is also option to disable quotes from blocked users, i would be happy ūüôā

• Agree 2

On 13 December 2019 at 11:42 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi Senna,

To answer your question in regards to @UP100 and @1512marcel, they are moderators for the F1 forums and NOT Codemasters employees. Thier role in this is: 

• Moderators often must enforce many rules of conduct¬†as public contributors can communicate their thoughts, opinions and feelings freely. While we encourage this, it needs to be respectful and in a way that is not offensive to other contributors. This is a 3+ game, available for everyone, therefore ensuring that a¬†wide scoping¬†audience¬†have the potential¬†to follow¬†and add to forums without offence is important.

• Moderators are¬†encouraged to join in discussions, especially if they have expert experience or advice to contribute

• To assist in the general maintenance of the forums.

They, as with all moderators, are aware of their role and what it does and does not entail. 

Hi Barry,

a friend of mine has just pointed out that you have said this game is 3year old plus game,

pits also says it wheel compatible,

1st ,what 3 year old do u know who owns a £50 game and £150 to £700 wheel ,

further a wheel would snap an adults wrist is you put your hand through the wheel,

what would happen is a 3 year old plus were to accidentally put there hand through wheel as it was spinning,

i think your statement has ,opened potentially law suits ,

all codemaster had to do was fix the gameplay to match dayone release,that's all anyone had to do,

you even the software to do this ,

but instead changed the core of the game to attract a different audience of 3 year olds plus , 

your statement not mine , 

Just simply refund me for f12019 Senna vs Prost edition £65 ,   I did ask serval months ago for a refund ,,

what cheeses a lot of the sim community off ,is they buy a game from codemasters which was fully working and without there knowledge codemasters change core to attract a younger audience just to get a few more pounds in the till,

are codemasters that desperate that they now take money out of children's pockets also,

what next , change the core of the game again to attract unborn children,

and the best you or codemasters don't think you have done anything wrong.

again no Christmas spirit, 

i myself will help the homeless this Christmas, what's codemasters doing.

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

i think your statement has opened potential lawsuits

That will not work. You cannot sue a person for something that you don't like on a game. The PEGI rating is 3+, which is the same as E for everyone in ESRB. You would lose your case ten out of ten times. Also, good luck finding a lawyer who will not turn down your case. Codemasters will not be liable for false promises. They aren't just appealing to children. Operation Flashpoint and Overlord are games with a higher rating than E for everyone on ESRB and 3+ on PEGI.

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

again no Christmas spirit, 

i myself will help the homeless this Christmas, what's Codemasters doing.

What does Christmas Spirit have to do with ANYTHING of the game being bad? You do realize their staff have Christmas Break off? They have a family to be with. They work this job to support them. GRID is a racing game, not a homeless helping game. Your argument of having Christmas Spirit to be a good company is therefore invalid.

Edited by CordedQuill42
You might have given the wrong reaction.
  • Agree 1

We will see 

we all have jobs and family and it's just not codemasters,

with the advent of more and more high end wheels coming out and saying a game is wheel compatible 3 yrs plus I can foresee an accident, that's just a fact of life.,

and being a parent this is one of the many little dangers,  it's called being a good parents 

i personally won't let the grandkids anywhere near my wheel ,

again the goodwill spirit was in relation to season 1 grid which said nothing nowhere about paying £9.49 for season 1 ,

the full season pass is £25 ,

the way it was posted,it said available to all the players on ps4 , well only if you had £9.49 , 

so technically it's not available to all the players is it,

hence no Christmas spirit as I read it season 1 was free,

i am totally for paying for season pass 

but not on a game that costs £50 and has very little track content,

codemasters boasted it was a completely new grid and had more ,

i hope that explains 

I would be happy if codemasters refunded me for grid 2019 £50 and f12019 £65,

because only reason  I come on here was to either get bugs fixed or to see when they are going to fix bugs,

if a game is not broken then I wouldn't waste time on here,